Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Misaligned Text 0.25-beta and Arclight

stephengrobertson at gmail

Mar 23, 2012, 5:26 AM

Misaligned Text 0.25-beta and Arclight

Hi,

I've noticed a few misaligned strings while looking at 0.25-beta. For
example http://db.tt/Iw3SEbvT

Most screens do not have a problem.

Is this likely to be a setup problem on my part or is there a problem
with a few of the screens?

Stephen

mtdean at thirdcontact

Mar 23, 2012, 9:22 AM

Re: Misaligned Text 0.25-beta and Arclight [In reply to]

On 03/23/2012 08:26 AM, Stephen Robertson wrote:
> I've noticed a few misaligned strings while looking at 0.25-beta. For
> example http://db.tt/Iw3SEbvT
>
> Most screens do not have a problem.
>
> Is this likely to be a setup problem on my part or is there a problem
> with a few of the screens?

TTBOMK, there's nothing a user can do to their system (save uninstalling
a font that's required by the theme) to mess up theme alignment, now.

That said, I'd suspect you're still using an old copy of the theme and
that you need to update to the most current copy. Using the Theme
Chooser, make sure it's showing all/remote themes, and see if there's a
newer version of Arclight. You need to have a 25.x version of it.

Mike

amessina at messinet

Mar 23, 2012, 12:32 PM

Re: Misaligned Text 0.25-beta and Arclight [In reply to]

On 03/23/2012 11:22 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/23/2012 08:26 AM, Stephen Robertson wrote:
>> > I've noticed a few misaligned strings while looking at 0.25-beta. For
>> > example http://db.tt/Iw3SEbvT
>> >
>> > Most screens do not have a problem.
>> >
>> > Is this likely to be a setup problem on my part or is there a problem
>> > with a few of the screens?
>> >
> TTBOMK, there's nothing a user can do to their system (save uninstalling
> a font that's required by the theme) to mess up theme alignment, now.
>
> That said, I'd suspect you're still using an old copy of the theme and
> that you need to update to the most current copy. Using the Theme
> Chooser, make sure it's showing all/remote themes, and see if there's a
> newer version of Arclight. You need to have a 25.x version of it.
>
> Mike

What *should* the latest version number be for 0.25rc? I'm seeing
Arclight 1.1

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

joe at joenyland

Mar 23, 2012, 1:04 PM

Re: Misaligned Text 0.25-beta and Arclight [In reply to]

On 23 Mar 2012, at 19:32, Anthony Messina wrote:
> What *should* the latest version number be for 0.25rc? I'm seeing
> Arclight 1.1
>
> --
> Anthony

The latest version I'm seeing on my 0.25 system is v25.11 in the theme chooser for Arclight - I use this on all frontends and I do not see the issue you describe.

I would recommend you focus on why you are not getting the latest version of this theme, as I believe this the real problem.

Hope this helps.

Joe

amessina at messinet

Mar 23, 2012, 1:16 PM

Re: Misaligned Text 0.25-beta and Arclight [In reply to]

On 03/23/2012 03:04 PM, Joe Nyland wrote:
> On 23 Mar 2012, at 19:32, Anthony Messina wrote:
>> > What *should* the latest version number be for 0.25rc? I'm seeing
>> > Arclight 1.1
>> >
>> > --
>> > Anthony
> The latest version I'm seeing on my 0.25 system is v25.11 in the theme chooser for Arclight - I use this on all frontends and I do not see the issue you describe.
>
> I would recommend you focus on why you are not getting the latest version of this theme, as I believe this the real problem.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Joe

I see this in the backend log:

HouseKeeping housekeeper.cpp:787 (UpdateThemeChooserInfoCache) -
HouseKeeper: Error downloading
http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/0.25/themes.zipremote themes
info package.

I suppose I'll have to remedy that. -A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

cpinkham at bc2va

Mar 23, 2012, 7:52 PM

Re: Misaligned Text 0.25-beta and Arclight [In reply to]

* On Fri Mar 23, 2012 at 03:16:43PM -0500, Anthony Messina wrote:
> HouseKeeping housekeeper.cpp:787 (UpdateThemeChooserInfoCache) -
> HouseKeeper: Error downloading
> http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/0.25/themes.zipremote themes
> info package.
>
> I suppose I'll have to remedy that. -A

Sounds like your build is messed up or you built from a branch other than
'master'. There is no 0.25 yet. Are you compiling from source?

--
Chris

amessina at messinet

Mar 23, 2012, 7:58 PM

Re: Misaligned Text 0.25-beta and Arclight [In reply to]

On 03/23/2012 09:52 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Fri Mar 23, 2012 at 03:16:43PM -0500, Anthony Messina wrote:
>> > HouseKeeping housekeeper.cpp:787 (UpdateThemeChooserInfoCache) -
>> > HouseKeeper: Error downloading
>> > http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/0.25/themes.zipremote themes
>> > info package.
>> >
>> > I suppose I'll have to remedy that. -A
> Sounds like your build is messed up or you built from a branch other than
> 'master'. There is no 0.25 yet. Are you compiling from source?

I'm currently building from master, based off the original spec files
from Richard Shaw. My latest build setup is here:

http://messinet.com/rpms/browser/mythtv

I am also trying to work out the error:

MPEGRec(/dev/video1): StartEncoding failed eno: Inappropriate ioctl for
device (25)

mentioned here:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-March/330349.html

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

amessina at messinet

Mar 23, 2012, 9:40 PM

Re: Misaligned Text 0.25-beta and Arclight [In reply to]

On 03/23/2012 09:52 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Fri Mar 23, 2012 at 03:16:43PM -0500, Anthony Messina wrote:
>> > HouseKeeping housekeeper.cpp:787 (UpdateThemeChooserInfoCache) -
>> > HouseKeeper: Error downloading
>> > http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/0.25/themes.zipremote themes
>> > info package.
>> >
>> > I suppose I'll have to remedy that. -A
> Sounds like your build is messed up or you built from a branch other than
> 'master'. There is no 0.25 yet. Are you compiling from source?

I see my issue in housekeeper.cpp:

// FIXME: For now, treat git master the same as svn trunk
if (MythVersion == "master")
MythVersion = "trunk";

if (MythVersion != "trunk")
{
MythVersion = MYTH_BINARY_VERSION; // Example: 0.25.20101017-1
MythVersion.replace(QRegExp("\\.[0-9]{8,}.*"), "");
}

I'm pre-building for the upcoming 0.25 release (mostly for practice and
to test and work out potential issues).

I probably just need to set the MYTH_BINARY_VERSION properly, or wait
for the release for this part to be fixed.

Thanks. -A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

cpinkham at bc2va

Mar 24, 2012, 6:47 AM

Re: Misaligned Text 0.25-beta and Arclight [In reply to]

* On Fri Mar 23, 2012 at 11:40:54PM -0500, Anthony Messina wrote:
> I'm pre-building for the upcoming 0.25 release (mostly for practice and
> to test and work out potential issues).
>
> I probably just need to set the MYTH_BINARY_VERSION properly, or wait
> for the release for this part to be fixed.

Yeah, I'm trying to think of a way to have this work for all cases, but
haven't been able to come up with something yet. I can probably start
packaging the known compatible themes for 0.25 so that this will work
for users who fall into this situation. I'll see about doing that
tonight if possible.

--
Chris

stephengrobertson at gmail

Mar 26, 2012, 2:10 AM

Re: Misaligned Text 0.25-beta and Arclight [In reply to]

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean [at] thirdcontact> wrote:
> On 03/23/2012 08:26 AM, Stephen Robertson wrote:
>> I've noticed a few misaligned strings while looking at 0.25-beta.  For
>> example http://db.tt/Iw3SEbvT
>>
>> Most screens do not have a problem.
>>
>> Is this likely to be a setup problem on my part or is there a problem
>> with a few of the screens?
>>

> TTBOMK, there's nothing a user can do to their system (save uninstalling
> a font that's required by the theme) to mess up theme alignment, now.
>
> That said, I'd suspect you're still using an old copy of the theme and
> that you need to update to the most current copy.  Using the Theme
> Chooser, make sure it's showing all/remote themes, and see if there's a
> newer version of Arclight.  You need to have a 25.x version of it.
>
> Mike

I'm pretty certain that I'm on the 25.11 version. That is certainly
what is selected in the theme chooser. I've gone back and forth to a
couple of other themes and also tried delteing
~/.mythtv/themes/Arclight and ~/.mythtv/themecache/Arlicht.1920.1080
directories. On restarting the frontend after deleting them it came
up with the default theme until I selected Arclight from the
themechooser again.

Stephen