Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users
Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

mikep at randomtraveller

Mar 7, 2012, 8:57 AM

Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB [In reply to]

On 07/03/12 14:04, John Veness wrote:
> On 07/03/2012 13:19, Simon Hobson wrote:
>> joenyland [at] me wrote:
>>
>>> Whilst reading through the list today, I noticed that John Veness
>>> said that he was using EIT for radio station listings and at the
>>> same time using XMLTV for TV listings:
>>> I know this may seem a very basic question to everyone on the list,
>>> but I'd appreciate your help.
>>
>> Just setup your TV channels for XML-TV (use EIT unticked, xmltv-id
>> entered), and setup the radio channels for EIT (use EIT ticked,
>> xmltv-id blank).
>>
>> And make sure one of your tuners has the (something like) "Use for
>> EIT" box ticked.
>>
>> It "just works".
>
> Yes, you can set this up in either mythtv-setup, or as Martin Moores
> also says, mythweb is probably easier. As well as for radio channels,
> you can also use EIT on a few TV channels for which RT don't provide
> listings.
>
> Just make sure that you don't have any channels which have *both* an
> XMLTVID defined and useonairguide ticked. Although it sounds like a nice
> idea, using XMLTV to get 14-day listings, and EIT to deal with last
> minute changes, in practice Myth isn't designed to work with this setup,
> and you'll find that some programs don't get recorded (or others get
> recorded twice, or similar problems) due to the differences between the
> XMLTV and EIT listings.

A way round this, if you have a spare tuner, would be to make your radio
channels an entirely separate source. That way you would ensure no accidental
overlap. Depending on which radio services you are interested in, you may only
need one multiplex.

--

Mike Perkins

Subject User Time
Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB joenyland at me Mar 7, 2012, 5:02 AM
    Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB moores.martin at gmail Mar 7, 2012, 5:13 AM
    Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB linux at thehobsons Mar 7, 2012, 5:19 AM
        Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB John.Veness.mythtv at pelago Mar 7, 2012, 6:04 AM
            Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB mikep at randomtraveller Mar 7, 2012, 8:57 AM
            Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB joe at joenyland Mar 7, 2012, 1:19 PM
        Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken Mar 7, 2012, 8:55 AM
    Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB SCITECH2 at combebank Mar 7, 2012, 7:51 AM
    Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB John.Veness.mythtv at pelago Mar 7, 2012, 8:03 AM
        Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB SCITECH2 at combebank Mar 7, 2012, 8:48 AM
    Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB mtdean at thirdcontact Mar 7, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB mtdean at thirdcontact Mar 7, 2012, 3:37 PM
        Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB joenyland at me Mar 8, 2012, 2:46 AM
            Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB linux at thehobsons Mar 8, 2012, 3:57 AM
                Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB joenyland at me Mar 8, 2012, 4:09 AM
                    Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB joenyland at me Mar 11, 2012, 2:44 PM
                        Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB watkinshome at gmail Mar 11, 2012, 3:20 PM
            Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB mtdean at thirdcontact Mar 8, 2012, 11:02 AM
    Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB joenyland at me Mar 11, 2012, 3:29 PM
    Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB joenyland at me Mar 13, 2012, 1:53 AM
        Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB mtdean at thirdcontact Mar 13, 2012, 12:33 PM
            Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB joenyland at me Mar 13, 2012, 2:31 PM
                Re: Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB mtdean at thirdcontact Mar 13, 2012, 6:02 PM