Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Double keys on remote

 

 

MythTV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


josu.lazkano at gmail

Feb 18, 2012, 4:52 AM

Post #1 of 9 (1569 views)
Permalink
Double keys on remote

Hello all, I just updated my BE/FE Debian Squeeze to Debian Wheezy.

I have some little problem with the remote, there are some keys that
works double.

If a hit the up, down, left or right button, on the MythTV system
there are pushed twice. It looks like the basic buttons are mapped by
default. I am using same $HOME/.lircrd file as Squeeze.

I am using XFCE, how could I disable this generic buttons? I am using
mceusb receiver.

Thanks for your help and regards.

--
Josu Lazkano
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


mythtv-users at lists

Feb 18, 2012, 5:55 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1533 views)
Permalink
Re: Double keys on remote [In reply to]

Josu Lazkano wrote:
> I have some little problem with the remote, there are some keys that
> works double.


http://www.lirc.org/html/configure.html

repeat
tells the program what shall happen if a key is repeated. A value
of zero tells the program to ignore repeated keys. Any other
positive value 'n' tells the program to pass the config string
every 'n'-th time to the according application, when a key is
repeated. The default for repeat is zero.


So set the repeat parameter to more than 0.

HTH
Thomas
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


acstadt at stadt

Feb 18, 2012, 6:11 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1532 views)
Permalink
Re: Double keys on remote [In reply to]

On 18/02/2012 7:52 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello all, I just updated my BE/FE Debian Squeeze to Debian Wheezy.
>
> I have some little problem with the remote, there are some keys that
> works double.
>
> If a hit the up, down, left or right button, on the MythTV system
> there are pushed twice. It looks like the basic buttons are mapped by
> default. I am using same $HOME/.lircrd file as Squeeze.
>
> I am using XFCE, how could I disable this generic buttons? I am using
> mceusb receiver.
>
> Thanks for your help and regards.
>
I find this is normally caused by a couple issues, you didn't mention
what you're hardware is, but if you're using something with one of the
newer in-kernel modules (eg. mceusb) you're keypresses are probably
being decoded both in-kernel and by lirc.

if you:
cat /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

you should see something like:
rc-5 nec rc-6 jvc sony mce_kbd [lirc]

If anything other the lirc has the brackets, simply
echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
and you should be good,

The other main issue I see is people have more then one remote defined
in, or included by lircd.conf and the same key combination is defined in
more then one (with the same value). If you run 'irw' and you press a
button on your remote, you should see something like:
000000037ff07bde 00 KEY_RIGHT mceusb
If the last field has two different remote names (on subsequent lines),
or the second field shows two lines with '00' in a row, you most likely
have an error in your configuration somewhere.

HTH, Andrew.

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


josu.lazkano at gmail

Feb 18, 2012, 7:01 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1523 views)
Permalink
Re: Double keys on remote [In reply to]

2012/2/18 Andrew Stadt <acstadt [at] stadt>:
> I find this is normally caused by a couple issues, you didn't mention
> what you're hardware is, but if you're using something with one of the
> newer in-kernel modules (eg. mceusb) you're keypresses are probably
> being decoded both in-kernel and by lirc.
>
> if you:
> cat /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
>
> you should see something like:
> rc-5 nec rc-6 jvc sony mce_kbd [lirc]
>
> If anything other the lirc has the brackets, simply
> echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
> and you should be good,
>
> The other main issue I see is people have more then one remote defined
> in, or included by lircd.conf and the same key combination is defined in
> more then one (with the same value).  If you run 'irw' and you press a
> button on your remote, you should see something like:
> 000000037ff07bde 00 KEY_RIGHT mceusb
> If the last field has two different remote names (on subsequent lines),
> or the second field shows two lines with '00' in a row, you most likely
> have an error in your configuration somewhere.
>
> HTH, Andrew.
>

Thanks Andrew!

This work for me:

# echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

Best regards.


--
Josu Lazkano
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


acstadt at stadt

Feb 18, 2012, 7:23 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1527 views)
Permalink
Re: Double keys on remote [In reply to]

On 18/02/2012 10:01 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Thanks Andrew! This work for me: # echo lirc >
> /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols Best regards.
FWIW: I added the following two lines to /etc/init.d/lirc

# disable in kernel interpretation of
rc cmds
echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

(I put these right after the line:
start-stop-daemon --start --quiet
--oknodo --exec /usr/sbin/lircd -- $LIRCD_ARGS < /dev/null
)

Cheers,

Andrew.

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


josu.lazkano at gmail

Feb 18, 2012, 7:48 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1526 views)
Permalink
Re: Double keys on remote [In reply to]

Thanks!

--
Josu Lazkano
El 18/02/2012 16:23, "Andrew Stadt" <acstadt [at] stadt> escribió:

> On 18/02/2012 10:01 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> > Thanks Andrew! This work for me: # echo lirc >
> > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols Best regards.
> FWIW: I added the following two lines to /etc/init.d/lirc
>
> # disable in kernel interpretation of
> rc cmds
> echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
>
> (I put these right after the line:
> start-stop-daemon --start --quiet
> --oknodo --exec /usr/sbin/lircd -- $LIRCD_ARGS < /dev/null
> )
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew.
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users [at] mythtv
> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>


jyavenard at gmail

Feb 19, 2012, 12:15 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1515 views)
Permalink
Re: Double keys on remote [In reply to]

On 19 February 2012 00:55, Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users [at] lists> wrote:
> repeat
>    tells the program what shall happen if a key is repeated. A value
>    of zero tells the program to ignore repeated keys. Any other
>    positive value 'n' tells the program to pass the config string
>    every 'n'-th time to the according application, when a key is
>    repeated. The default for repeat is zero.
>
>
> So set the repeat parameter to more than 0.

It's the other way round..
0 prevents any repeat
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


josu.lazkano at gmail

Feb 19, 2012, 3:58 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1508 views)
Permalink
Re: Double keys on remote [In reply to]

2012/2/18 Andrew Stadt <acstadt [at] stadt>:
> On 18/02/2012 10:01 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>> Thanks Andrew! This work for me: # echo lirc >
>> /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols Best regards.
> FWIW: I added the following two lines to /etc/init.d/lirc
>
>                                 # disable in kernel interpretation of
> rc cmds
>                                 echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
>
> (I put these right after the line:
>                                 start-stop-daemon --start --quiet
> --oknodo --exec /usr/sbin/lircd -- $LIRCD_ARGS < /dev/null
> )
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew.
>

Hello again, after some hours of using MythTV, I have same problem
again and the rcN protocols path changed (from rc0 to rc2):

# ls -l /sys/class/rc/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 19 12:51 rc2 ->
../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/usb4/4-5/4-5:1.0/rc/rc2

# cat /sys/class/rc/rc2/protocols
[rc-5] [nec] [rc-6] [jvc] [sony] [mce_kbd] [lirc]

After apply this it is solved:

# echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc2/protocols

How could I fix the rc path? May I use a cron job to check it?

Thanks for your help.

--
Josu Lazkano
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


rjmorris at nc

Feb 19, 2012, 6:20 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1505 views)
Permalink
Re: Double keys on remote [In reply to]

Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano [at] gmail> wrote on Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 12:58:10PM +0100:
> 2012/2/18 Andrew Stadt <acstadt [at] stadt>:
> > On 18/02/2012 10:01 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> >> Thanks Andrew! This work for me: # echo lirc >
> >> /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols Best regards.
> > FWIW: I added the following two lines to /etc/init.d/lirc
> >
> >                                 # disable in kernel interpretation of
> > rc cmds
> >                                 echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
> >
> > (I put these right after the line:
> >                                 start-stop-daemon --start --quiet
> > --oknodo --exec /usr/sbin/lircd -- $LIRCD_ARGS < /dev/null
> > )
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Andrew.
> >
>
> Hello again, after some hours of using MythTV, I have same problem
> again and the rcN protocols path changed (from rc0 to rc2):
>
> # ls -l /sys/class/rc/
> total 0
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Feb 19 12:51 rc2 ->
> ../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/usb4/4-5/4-5:1.0/rc/rc2
>
> # cat /sys/class/rc/rc2/protocols
> [rc-5] [nec] [rc-6] [jvc] [sony] [mce_kbd] [lirc]
>
> After apply this it is solved:
>
> # echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc2/protocols
>
> How could I fix the rc path? May I use a cron job to check it?

I use a udev rule for this. I created a file in /etc/udev/rules.d
called remote-control-lirc.rules and put this line in it:

SUBSYSTEM=="rc", ATTRS{protocols}=="*lirc*" RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo lirc > /sys$env{DEVPATH}/protocols'"

After creating that file, test the rule by running:

$ udevadm test /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/usb4/4-5/4-5:1.0/rc/rc2

(replacing that path with whatever the link in /sys/class/rc points to
currently). You should see a line at the end of the output saying it's
going to run the echo lirc command.

Later, when you reboot or disconnect/reconnect the receiver, the udev
rule should detect the new location of the receiver and echo lirc to
the appropriate file.
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

MythTV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.