Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

3 audio devices on same time

 

 

MythTV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


josu.lazkano at gmail

Dec 8, 2010, 6:30 PM

Post #1 of 16 (3402 views)
Permalink
3 audio devices on same time

Hello, I am configuring my HTPC with MythTV 0.24.

I want to get 3 audio output at same time: HDMI, optical and analog. I
try with each one and it works well individually, but I need to manage
3 devices at same time.

This is my audio devices:

aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

aplay -L
null
Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
default:CARD=NVidia
HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
Default Audio Device
front:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
Front speakers
surround40:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
iec958:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Digital
IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
HDA NVidia, NVIDIA HDMI
HDMI Audio Output

The HDMI is to send audio to the TV, the optical to the audio
amplifier and the analag one to send the audio to and other room.

Is possible to do this?

I must configure it on the frontend or on the .asoundrc file?

On XBMC I get it working with this file:

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "both"
}
}

pcm.both {
type route
slave {
pcm multi
channels 6
}
ttable.0.0 1.0
ttable.1.1 1.0
ttable.0.2 1.0
ttable.1.3 1.0
ttable.0.4 1.0
ttable.1.5 1.0
}

pcm.multi {
type multi
slaves.a {
pcm "tv"
channels 2
}
slaves.b {
pcm "receiver"
channels 2
}
slaves.c {
pcm "analog"
channels 2
}
bindings.0.slave a
bindings.0.channel 0
bindings.1.slave a
bindings.1.channel 1
bindings.2.slave b
bindings.2.channel 0
bindings.3.slave b
bindings.3.channel 1
bindings.4.slave c
bindings.4.channel 0
bindings.5.slave c
bindings.5.channel 1
}

pcm.tv {
type hw
card 0
device 3
channels 2
}

pcm.receiver {
type hw
card 0
device 1
channels 2
}

pcm.analog {
type hw
card 0
device 0
channels 2
}

Thanks for all your help and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


jyavenard at gmail

Dec 8, 2010, 7:13 PM

Post #2 of 16 (3351 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

On 9 December 2010 13:30, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano [at] gmail> wrote:

> I must configure it on the frontend or on the .asoundrc file?

in .asoundrc

>
> On XBMC I get it working with this file:
>
> pcm.!default {
> type plug
> slave {
> pcm "both"
> }
> }

then you use ALSA:default in mythtv (enter it manually) ; you can
click after you've typed ALSA:default on the scan button to see if it
works or not.

Make sure you select stereo though , and disable AC3 and DTS ; as it
won't work properly otherwise.

Passthrough would only work if all your device supports passthrough
and mythtv auto-setup of passthrough would probably not work (though
it may, I've never tested this kind of things).

If you get some warning in the log when myth is trying to set the
audio device for passthrough, it means it didn't work, then If you
want passthrough to work, you probably would have to override the
passthrough device ; and in your .asoundrc add a pcm that sets the
iec958 bit

Something like this:
pcm.hdmipassthrough {
type hooks
slave.pcm {
type hw
card 0
device 0
}
hooks.0 {
type ctl_elems
hook_args [.
{
name "IEC958 Playback Default"
index 0
lock true
preserve true
value [ 0x06 0x82 0x00 0x01 ]
}
{
name "IEC958 Playback Switch"
index 0
lock true
preserve true
value true
}
]
}
}
or something similar and re-use the same type of rules you are currently using.
slaves.a {
pcm "hdmipassthrough"
channels 2
}

You will get better feedback in the alsa mailing list for this
advanced use of alsa.

JY
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


josu.lazkano at gmail

Dec 9, 2010, 6:51 AM

Post #3 of 16 (3353 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

Thanks for your reply.

2010/12/9 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail>:
> On 9 December 2010 13:30, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> I must configure it on the frontend or on the .asoundrc file?
>
> in .asoundrc
>
>>
>> On XBMC I get it working with this file:
>>
>> pcm.!default {
>> type plug
>> slave {
>> pcm "both"
>> }
>> }
>
> then you use ALSA:default in mythtv (enter it manually) ; you can
> click after you've typed ALSA:default on the scan button to see if it
> works or not.

I config as ALSA:default this way: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/ALSA.png
>
> Make sure you select stereo though , and disable AC3 and DTS ; as it
> won't work properly otherwise.
>
> Passthrough would only work if all your device supports passthrough
> and mythtv auto-setup of passthrough would probably not work (though
> it may, I've never tested this kind of things).
>
> If you get some warning in the log when myth is trying to set the
> audio device for passthrough, it means it didn't work, then If you
> want passthrough to work, you probably would have to override the
> passthrough device ; and in your .asoundrc add a pcm that sets the
> iec958 bit
Here is what I get on the mythfronted shell:

2010-12-09 11:47:38.980 ALSA, Error: No playback configurations
available: Argumento inválido
2010-12-09 11:47:38.991 ALSA, Error: No playback configurations
available: Argumento inválido
2010-12-09 11:47:39.246 PulseAudio Error: ContextConnect, context
connection failed or terminated: Connection refused
2010-12-09 12:00:22.944 ALSA, Error: No playback configurations
available: Argumento inválido
2010-12-09 12:00:22.955 ALSA, Error: No playback configurations
available: Argumento inválido
2010-12-09 12:00:23.132 PulseAudio Error: ContextConnect, context
connection failed or terminated: Connection refused




>
> Something like this:
> pcm.hdmipassthrough {
> type hooks
> slave.pcm {
> type hw
> card 0
> device 0
> }
> hooks.0 {
> type ctl_elems
> hook_args [.
> {
> name "IEC958 Playback Default"
> index 0
> lock true
> preserve true
> value [ 0x06 0x82 0x00 0x01 ]
> }
> {
> name "IEC958 Playback Switch"
> index 0
> lock true
> preserve true
> value true
> }
> ]
> }
> }
> or something similar and re-use the same type of rules you are currently using.
> slaves.a {
> pcm "hdmipassthrough"
> channels 2
> }

I config this way the .asoundrc:

$ cat .asoundrc
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "both"
}
}

pcm.both {
type route
slave {
pcm multi
channels 6
}
ttable.0.0 1.0
ttable.1.1 1.0
ttable.0.2 1.0
ttable.1.3 1.0
ttable.0.4 1.0
ttable.1.5 1.0
}

pcm.multi {
type multi
slaves.a {
pcm "tv"
channels 2
}
pcm.hdmipassthrough {
type hooks
slave.pcm {
type hw
card 0
device 0
}
hooks.0 {
type ctl_elems
hook_args [.
{
name "IEC958 Playback Default"
index 0
lock true
preserve true
value [ 0x06 0x82 0x00 0x01 ]
}
{
name "IEC958 Playback Switch"
index 0
lock true
preserve true
value true
}
]
}
}
slaves.a {
pcm "hdmipassthrough"
channels 2
}
slaves.b {
pcm "receiver"
channels 2
}
slaves.c {
pcm "analog"
channels 2
}
bindings.0.slave a
bindings.0.channel 0
bindings.1.slave a
bindings.1.channel 1
bindings.2.slave b
bindings.2.channel 0
bindings.3.slave b
bindings.3.channel 1
bindings.4.slave c
bindings.4.channel 0
bindings.5.slave c
bindings.5.channel 1
}

pcm.tv {
type hw
card 0
device 3
channels 2
}

pcm.receiver {
type hw
card 0
device 1
channels 2
}

pcm.analog {
type hw
card 0
device 0
channels 2
}

It looks that there is problem with PulseAudio. I don't use it, is it
a good idea to uninstall?

Thanks for all your help and sorry for my poor english.

Best regards.

>
> You will get better feedback in the alsa mailing list for this
> advanced use of alsa.
>
> JY
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users [at] mythtv
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>



--
Josu Lazkano
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


jyavenard at gmail

Dec 9, 2010, 7:19 AM

Post #4 of 16 (3344 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

On 10 December 2010 01:51, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano [at] gmail> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.

> Here is what I get on the mythfronted shell:
>
> 2010-12-09 11:47:38.980 ALSA, Error: No playback configurations
> available: Argumento inválido
> 2010-12-09 11:47:38.991 ALSA, Error: No playback configurations
> available: Argumento inválido
> 2010-12-09 11:47:39.246 PulseAudio Error: ContextConnect, context
> connection failed or terminated: Connection refused
> 2010-12-09 12:00:22.944 ALSA, Error: No playback configurations
> available: Argumento inválido
> 2010-12-09 12:00:22.955 ALSA, Error: No playback configurations
> available: Argumento inválido
> 2010-12-09 12:00:23.132 PulseAudio Error: ContextConnect, context
> connection failed or terminated: Connection refused
>


you are using pulseaudio ?


> }
> slaves.a {
> pcm "hdmipassthrough"
> channels 2
> }


you should only do this if *all* devices support passthrough. I doubt
your TV does.


> It looks that there is problem with PulseAudio. I don't use it, is it
> a good idea to uninstall?

you could also configure pulse to write to all audio device.

you would get similar results
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


josu.lazkano at gmail

Dec 9, 2010, 7:49 AM

Post #5 of 16 (3341 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

2010/12/9 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail>:
>
>
> you are using pulseaudio?
>
> you should only do this if *all* devices support passthrough. I doubt
> your TV does.
>
>
>
> you could also configure pulse to write to all audio device.
>
> you would get similar results

Sorry, but I don't understand it.

I must uninstall PulseAudio? I don't use it.

I want to try just with analog and HDMI output, both of them on stereo.

How can I configure it?

Sorry for all these questions, I don't know how to make it working.

Thanks and kind regards.


--
Josu Lazkano
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


n5xwb at comcast

Dec 9, 2010, 8:05 AM

Post #6 of 16 (3350 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

On 12/09/2010 09:49 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> 2010/12/9 Jean-Yves Avenard<jyavenard [at] gmail>:
>> you are using pulseaudio?
>>
>> you should only do this if *all* devices support passthrough. I doubt
>> your TV does.
>>
>> you could also configure pulse to write to all audio device.
>>
>> you would get similar results
> Sorry, but I don't understand it.
>
> I must uninstall PulseAudio? I don't use it.
> I want to try just with analog and HDMI output, both of them on stereo.
> How can I configure it?
> Sorry for all these questions, I don't know how to make it working.
>
> Thanks and kind regards.
How did you remove it? Using "rpm -e" seems to not remove any of the files.

I have seen this on openSuSE 11.4 M4

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb [at] comcast "
Sugar Land, TX 77478 LL# 1.281.242.3256
Ham Callsign N5XWB HAMs : " n5xwb [at] arrl "
VoIP via Gizmo: bmw_87kbike / via Skype: n5xwbg
BMW MOA #: 4146 - Ambassador
" http://counter.li.org " #279316

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


newbury at mandamus

Dec 9, 2010, 8:50 AM

Post #7 of 16 (3335 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

On 12/09/2010 11:05 AM, Donn Washburn wrote:
> On 12/09/2010 09:49 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>> 2010/12/9 Jean-Yves Avenard<jyavenard [at] gmail>:
>>> you are using pulseaudio?
>>>
>>> you should only do this if *all* devices support passthrough. I doubt
>>> your TV does.
>>>
>>> you could also configure pulse to write to all audio device.
>>>
>>> you would get similar results
>> Sorry, but I don't understand it.
>>
>> I must uninstall PulseAudio? I don't use it.
>> I want to try just with analog and HDMI output, both of them on stereo.
>> How can I configure it?
>> Sorry for all these questions, I don't know how to make it working.
>>
>> Thanks and kind regards.
> How did you remove it? Using "rpm -e" seems to not remove any of the files.
>
> I have seen this on openSuSE 11.4 M4

On Fedora I have used the following ever since pulseaudio first
appeared. SUSE would be similar, although the packages and naming is
likely different. Heed the warning, at least on Fedora: the things have
their DNA intertwined.


echo " Remove pulse audio files mythtv does not need"
echo " Do NOT use 'remove pulseaudio*' as this will remove"
echo " pulseaudio-libs which killing gdm and other programs."
echo ""
yum -y remove pulseaudio alsa-plugins-pulseaudio \
pavucontrol pulseaudio-utils pulseaudio-libs-zeroconf \
gstreamer-plugins-pulse pulseaudio-core-libs \
pulseaudio-libs-devel pulseaudio-module-zeroconf
echo ""
rm -rf /etc/pulse*
rm -rf /root/.pulse*
rm -rf /home/mythtv/.pulse*


Geoff

--
R. Geoffrey Newbury
Barrister and Solicitor
Suite 106, 150 Lakeshore Road West
Mississauga, Ontario, L5H 3R2

o905-271-9600 f905-271-1638
newbury [at] mandamus
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


josu.lazkano at gmail

Dec 9, 2010, 7:00 PM

Post #8 of 16 (3322 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

Hello, I have a Debian Squeeze system.

How can I remove all PulseAudio software? Is it necessary?

Thanks for all and best regards.

2010/12/9 R. G. Newbury <newbury [at] mandamus>:
> On 12/09/2010 11:05 AM, Donn Washburn wrote:
>>
>> On 12/09/2010 09:49 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>>>
>>> 2010/12/9 Jean-Yves Avenard<jyavenard [at] gmail>:
>>>>
>>>> you are using pulseaudio?
>>>>
>>>> you should only do this if *all* devices support passthrough. I doubt
>>>> your TV does.
>>>>
>>>> you could also configure pulse to write to all audio device.
>>>>
>>>> you would get similar results
>>>
>>> Sorry, but I don't understand it.
>>>
>>> I must uninstall PulseAudio? I don't use it.
>>> I want to try just with analog and HDMI output, both of them on stereo.
>>> How can I configure it?
>>> Sorry for all these questions, I don't know how to make it working.
>>>
>>> Thanks and kind regards.
>>
>> How did you remove it? Using "rpm -e" seems to not remove any of the
>> files.
>>
>> I have seen this on openSuSE 11.4 M4
>
> On Fedora I have used the following ever since pulseaudio first appeared.
> SUSE would be similar, although the packages and naming is likely different.
> Heed the warning, at least on Fedora: the things have their DNA intertwined.
>
>
> echo " Remove pulse audio files mythtv does not need"
> echo " Do NOT use 'remove pulseaudio*' as this will remove"
> echo " pulseaudio-libs which killing gdm and other programs."
> echo ""
> yum -y remove pulseaudio alsa-plugins-pulseaudio \
> pavucontrol pulseaudio-utils pulseaudio-libs-zeroconf \
> gstreamer-plugins-pulse pulseaudio-core-libs \
> pulseaudio-libs-devel pulseaudio-module-zeroconf
> echo ""
> rm -rf /etc/pulse*
> rm -rf /root/.pulse*
> rm -rf /home/mythtv/.pulse*
>
>
> Geoff
>
> --
> R. Geoffrey Newbury
> Barrister and Solicitor
> Suite 106, 150 Lakeshore Road West
> Mississauga, Ontario, L5H 3R2
>
> o905-271-9600 f905-271-1638
> newbury [at] mandamus
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users [at] mythtv
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>



--
Josu Lazkano
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


jyavenard at gmail

Dec 9, 2010, 7:23 PM

Post #9 of 16 (3318 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

On 10 December 2010 14:00, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hello, I have a Debian Squeeze system.
>
> How can I remove all PulseAudio software? Is it necessary?

It all depends on what you want to do with your machine.

If you only use mythtv, you are better off not using pulse at all as
pulse have serious limitation when it comes to audio quality (no
passthrough, all audio is resampled, converted etc..)

you don't have to remove it, myth properly suspends any running pulse
server, but then you have to make sure your alsa configuration isn't
trying to use a pulse device.

Jean-Yves
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


ryan.goat at gmail

Dec 10, 2010, 8:30 AM

Post #10 of 16 (3302 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail> wrote:
> On 9 December 2010 13:30, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> I must configure it on the frontend or on the .asoundrc file?
>
> in .asoundrc

Jean-Yves,

Are there any plans to add this functionality directly into MythTV?

The new auto-detect system for audio outputs in mythfrontend is great.
It would be outstanding if each detected output could be configured
independently in mythfrontend. I can see where multiple outputs would
be desired (like the original poster). Even better would be some
outputs configured for passthrough surround and some down sampled to
stereo, etc. That way you don't always have to power up the surround
receiver to watch a TV.

I am under no illusions that this would be a trivial task. And there
are certainly already ways to achieve similar results to what I'm
suggesting (custom .asoundrc files etc). I'm just wondering if it is
on the radar for MythTV 0.26++ or not.

-Ryan
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


jyavenard at gmail

Dec 10, 2010, 3:43 PM

Post #11 of 16 (3303 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

On 11 December 2010 03:30, Ryan Patterson <ryan.goat [at] gmail> wrote:

> Are there any plans to add this functionality directly into MythTV?

no..

provided that you can achieve the same thing with either pulse or alsa

>
> The new auto-detect system for audio outputs in mythfrontend is great.
> It would be outstanding if each detected output could be configured
> independently in mythfrontend. I can see where multiple outputs would
> be desired (like the original poster). Even better would be some
> outputs configured for passthrough surround and some down sampled to
> stereo, etc. That way you don't always have to power up the surround
> receiver to watch a TV.

It would take a long time to implement, to only benefit very few users
(and not included me who would write this code)

>
> I am under no illusions that this would be a trivial task. And there
> are certainly already ways to achieve similar results to what I'm
> suggesting (custom .asoundrc files etc). I'm just wondering if it is
> on the radar for MythTV 0.26++ or not.

maybe 0.30 something maybe :P
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


josu.lazkano at gmail

Dec 11, 2010, 4:35 PM

Post #12 of 16 (3275 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

Thanks again for your reply, I got it working!!!

I use the XBMC configuration file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/.asoundrc

And I just select "ALSA:both" on the frontend configuration. I have
audio on the 3 devices!!!

I didn't try with a DTS or Dolby sound, I just try with some MP3 music
files and DVB channels.

I have a litle problem with remote volume, if I press the keys I see
it on the the screen, but there is not any change on the volume, I
must use a the TV and audio amplifier remote to control the volume.

Can you help with this?

Thanks and best regards.

2010/12/10 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail>:
> On 10 December 2010 14:00, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Hello, I have a Debian Squeeze system.
>>
>> How can I remove all PulseAudio software? Is it necessary?
>
> It all depends on what you want to do with your machine.
>
> If you only use mythtv, you are better off not using pulse at all as
> pulse have serious limitation when it comes to audio quality (no
> passthrough, all audio is resampled, converted etc..)
>
> you don't have to remove it, myth properly suspends any running pulse
> server, but then you have to make sure your alsa configuration isn't
> trying to use a pulse device.
>
> Jean-Yves
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users [at] mythtv
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>



--
Josu Lazkano
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


jyavenard at gmail

Dec 11, 2010, 7:54 PM

Post #13 of 16 (3268 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

Hi

On 12 December 2010 11:35, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano [at] gmail> wrote:
> Thanks again for your reply, I got it working!!!
>
> I use the XBMC configuration file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/.asoundrc
>
> And I just select "ALSA:both" on the frontend configuration. I have
> audio on the 3 devices!!!
>
> I didn't try with a DTS or Dolby sound, I just try with some MP3 music
> files and DVB channels.
>
> I have a litle problem with remote volume, if I press the keys I see
> it on the the screen, but there is not any change on the volume, I
> must use a the TV and audio amplifier remote to control the volume.
>
> Can you help with this?

the only way to fix this would be to use the "software" volume mixer.
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


josu.lazkano at gmail

Dec 12, 2010, 8:03 AM

Post #14 of 16 (3250 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

Thanks!!!

2010/12/12 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail>:
> Hi
>
>
> the only way to fix this would be to use the "software" volume mixer.

It works perfect.

Kind regards.

--
Josu Lazkano
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


jyavenard at gmail

Dec 12, 2010, 7:00 PM

Post #15 of 16 (3231 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

On 13 December 2010 03:03, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano [at] gmail> wrote:
>
> It works perfect.

Note that there will be audio quality loss

But unfortunately, as you are mixing digital and analog output,
there's no other ways to change the volume.

I guess the algorithm used to vary the volume stream could be improved..
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


dbadia at gmail

Apr 19, 2011, 8:09 AM

Post #16 of 16 (2898 views)
Permalink
Re: 3 audio devices on same time [In reply to]

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail> wrote:
>
> Note that there will be audio quality loss
>
> But unfortunately, as you are mixing digital and analog output,
> there's no other ways to change the volume.
>
> I guess the algorithm used to vary the volume stream could be improved..
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users [at] mythtv
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>

Looking using multiple audio devices here as well - is this audio
quality loss a result of the myth volume control or funneling the
audio to multiple outputs?

Thanks
Dave
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

MythTV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.