Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Wiki References to tickets now 404 to github.

nick.rout at gmail

Dec 5, 2010, 3:38 PM

Wiki References to tickets now 404 to github.

EG in the myth 0.24 release notes there are many entries like this:

Fix adding MythVideo files when the file is stored in a storage group [24878]

clicking on the 24878 now gives "that page doesn't exist"

This change to github seems to have had quite a consequence for links,
and it won't just be limited to the wiki, i imagine this list's
archives will be affected too.

Is someone going to tidy things up so presently stale links actually
point to the ticket? Are these old tickets even available on git after
the transition?

raymond at wagnerrp

Dec 5, 2010, 3:51 PM

Re: Wiki References to tickets now 404 to github. [In reply to]

On 12/5/2010 18:38, Nick Rout wrote:
> EG in the myth 0.24 release notes there are many entries like this:
>
> Fix adding MythVideo files when the file is stored in a storage group [24878]
>
> clicking on the 24878 now gives "that page doesn't exist"

This is a known issue, and is one that will be fixed... once we figure
out an easy way to do so.

nick.rout at gmail

Dec 5, 2010, 4:15 PM

Re: Wiki References to tickets now 404 to github. [In reply to]

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond [at] wagnerrp> wrote:
> On 12/5/2010 18:38, Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>> EG in the myth 0.24 release notes there are many entries like this:
>>
>> Fix adding MythVideo files when the file is stored in a storage group
>> [24878]
>>
>> clicking on the 24878 now gives "that page doesn't exist"
>
> This is a known issue, and is one that will be fixed... once we figure out
> an easy way to do so.

cool thanks. I do note that the wiki release notes links appear to
pont to gihub already, so presumably someone has made some attempt to
transition them, but perhaps the urls are not that easy to change?

eg the one i referred to in my original post points to

http://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/24878