Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github

lists at forevermore

Dec 1, 2010, 11:55 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github

Around 18:00-20:00 UTC on Thursday December 2, the MythTV code
repository will officially be moving to Github.

You can find the code repository here:

https://github.com/MythTV/

We have already moved the code, so feel free to clone yourselves a copy
from github, but it will be slightly out of sync with the svn repository
until tomorrow.

We will continue to use trac for tracking bugs, so please do not use the
github issue tracker.

More information will be posted at mythtv.org tomorrow.

-Chris

glemsom at gmail

Dec 1, 2010, 10:14 PM

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github [In reply to]

2010/12/1 Chris Petersen <lists [at] forevermore>:
> Around 18:00-20:00 UTC on Thursday December 2, the MythTV code repository
> will officially be moving to Github.
>
> You can find the code repository here:
>
>  https://github.com/MythTV/
>
> We have already moved the code, so feel free to clone yourselves a copy from
> github, but it will be slightly out of sync with the svn repository until
> tomorrow.
>
> We will continue to use trac for tracking bugs, so please do not use the
> github issue tracker.
>
> More information will be posted at mythtv.org tomorrow.
>
> -Chris

For identifying versions, I guess we'll have to use something like
branch [at] commi (like fixes/0.24 [at] 70622b2ab69455aaa45)
Will this replace the version string in the mythtv components too ?
(like mythtv-setup --version)

gjhurlbu at gmail

Dec 2, 2010, 1:36 AM

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github [In reply to]

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Glenn Sommer <glemsom [at] gmail> wrote:
> For identifying versions, I guess we'll have to use something like
> branch [at] commi (like fixes/0.24 [at] 70622b2ab69455aaa45)
> Will this replace the version string in the mythtv components too ?
> (like mythtv-setup --version)

more likely to use the output of git describe. However, we haven't
settled on this yet. For the SHA1, you only need about the first 6 or
7 digits in any case. git describe would get you something like:
v0.24-100-g84903ab (I made that one up)
This corresponds to: from tag v0.24, 100 commits after that tag, and
the last commit is SHA1 84903ab

This requires useful tags though, so we may end up with something else
as our current tags are not too useful for this (they are on the
branches, and we didn't tag at the branch points.)

marklgoldberg at gmail

Dec 2, 2010, 5:03 AM

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github [In reply to]

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 Chris Petersen wrote:
> Around 18:00-20:00 UTC on Thursday December 2, the MythTV code repository
> will officially be moving to Github.
>
> You can find the code repository here:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/
>
> We have already moved the code, so feel free to clone yourselves a copy from
> github, but it will be slightly out of sync with the svn repository until
> tomorrow.
>
> We will continue to use trac for tracking bugs, so please do not use the
> github issue tracker.
>
> More information will be posted at mythtv.org tomorrow.

For us somewhat challenged folks that occasionally build Myth ourselves,
please update the Wiki with simple instructions. I think the following are
what is needed, please correct me if necessary:

To get 0.24-fixes into a directory called mythtv:
git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git mythtv
cd mythtv
git checkout fixes/0.24

To update (while in the mythtv directory):
git pull

To see what branch you are at:
git branch

To see the change log:
git log

Thanks,

Mark

lists at forevermore

Dec 2, 2010, 4:56 PM

Re: [mythtv] ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github [In reply to]

We have recreated the github repository, with several pieces split out.
The pieces (themes, mythweb, packaging, etc) are still waiting for new
homes on github, but the main repository with mythtv and mythplugins is
ready.

If you have already cloned or forked the repository, PLEASE delete it
and re-clone.

Yes, we warned you that this might happen (it was in the repository
description).

Official announcement and more info is waiting on <http://www.mythtv.org/>.

-Chris

On 12/01/2010 11:55 AM, Chris Petersen wrote:
> Around 18:00-20:00 UTC on Thursday December 2, the MythTV code
> repository will officially be moving to Github.
>
> You can find the code repository here:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/
>
> We have already moved the code, so feel free to clone yourselves a copy
> from github, but it will be slightly out of sync with the svn repository
> until tomorrow.
>
> We will continue to use trac for tracking bugs, so please do not use the
> github issue tracker.
>
> More information will be posted at mythtv.org tomorrow.
>
> -Chris

n5xwb at comcast

Dec 2, 2010, 5:21 PM

Re: [mythtv] ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github [In reply to]

On 12/02/2010 06:56 PM, Chris Petersen wrote:
> We have recreated the github repository, with several pieces split
> out. The pieces (themes, mythweb, packaging, etc) are still waiting
> for new homes on github, but the main repository with mythtv and
> mythplugins is ready.
>
> If you have already cloned or forked the repository, PLEASE delete it
> and re-clone.
>
> Yes, we warned you that this might happen (it was in the repository
> description).
>
> Official announcement and more info is waiting on
> <http://www.mythtv.org/>.
>
> -Chris
>
> On 12/01/2010 11:55 AM, Chris Petersen wrote:
>> Around 18:00-20:00 UTC on Thursday December 2, the MythTV code
>> repository will officially be moving to Github.
>>
>> You can find the code repository here:
>>
>> https://github.com/MythTV/
>>
>> We have already moved the code, so feel free to clone yourselves a copy
>> from github, but it will be slightly out of sync with the svn repository
>> until tomorrow.
>>
>> We will continue to use trac for tracking bugs, so please do not use the
>> github issue tracker.
>>
>> More information will be posted at mythtv.org tomorrow.
>>
>> -Chris
Well what is the GIT URL. I already use SVN/CVS/GIT sites often?

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb [at] comcast "

robert.mcnamara at gmail

Dec 2, 2010, 5:24 PM

Re: [mythtv] ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github [In reply to]

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Donn Washburn <n5xwb [at] comcast> wrote:
>> On 12/01/2010 11:55 AM, Chris Petersen wrote:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/MythTV/
>>>

> Well what is the GIT URL.  I already use SVN/CVS/GIT sites often?

You quoted the location of our git project above. All the information
you need is located there.

Robert

n5xwb at comcast

Dec 2, 2010, 7:11 PM

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github [In reply to]

>>> https://github.com/MythTV/
You quoted the location of our git project above. All the information
> you need is located there.
>
> Robert
Good looking puppy in your picture.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb [at] comcast "
Sugar Land, TX 77478 LL# 1.281.242.3256
Ham Callsign N5XWB HAMs : " n5xwb [at] arrl "
BMW MOA #: 4146 - Ambassador
" http://counter.li.org " #279316

g8ecj at gilks

Dec 3, 2010, 2:24 AM

Re: [mythtv] ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github [In reply to]

> Well what is the GIT URL. I already use SVN/CVS/GIT sites often?

Good question. When I try

git clone https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/fixes/0.24

which I assume is the correct URL to get to the current stable branch, I get

Cloning into 0.24...
error: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
failed while accessing
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/fixes/0.24/info/refs

fatal: HTTP request failed

So what am I missing (and no, I'm not using a proxy server). In fact I get
that error on any and all URLs pointing at github.com/MythTV....

--
Robin Gilks