Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?]

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All MythTV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ismot at telemail

Nov 25, 2010, 5:08 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?]

-------- Alkuperäinen viesti / Orig.Msg. --------
Aihe: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?
Päiväys: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:05:10 +0200
Lähettäjä: Ismo Tanskanen <ismot [at] telemail>
Vastaanottaja: mythtv-users [at] mythtv

I'm installing new server and trying to get mythweb running.
I compiled 0.24 fixes branch and installed mythweb as described in
INSTALL file.
I have opensuse 11.3

When I try to reach mythweb page, I just get empty page. Apache log
complains that it can't find translation file:

[error] [client 192.168.1.10] PHP Fatal error: Failed to open
translation file: modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
/srv/www/htdocs/classes/Translate.php on line 172

But file is in mythweb folder, inside modules/_shared/lang folder. So I
think that there is something wrong with "modules_path" variable? Where
can I configure this path?

I'm not very familiar with php or apache.. so please be patient.

Thanks,
Kane

Does anybody have any clue to this? Where should I start to track the problem?

-Kane

jelte.veldstra at gmail

Nov 25, 2010, 7:56 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

> Does anybody have any clue to this? Where should I start to track the problem?
>
> -Kane

Do you have set the password of the mythtv user to the mythconverg
database to anything other than the default "mythtv". This is a great
idea, but by default MythWeb is configured to use the password
"mythtv". This is set in a mythweb.conf configuration file somewhere
with the other Apache configuration files (e.g. /etc/httpd/conf.d)

Regards,

Jelte

BHaywood at BCLC

Nov 25, 2010, 8:24 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

That error also shows up if there are some missing dependencies in PHP
as well as when the permissions are not set correctly on the
mythweb/data/ folder. It's probably showing up because it's trying to
log an error before the logging code is "initialized."

bh

> Does anybody have any clue to this? Where should I start to track the
problem?

> -Kane

Do you have set the password of the mythtv user to the mythconverg
database to anything other than the default "mythtv". This is a great
idea, but by default MythWeb is configured to use the password
"mythtv". This is set in a mythweb.conf configuration file somewhere
with the other Apache configuration files (e.g. /etc/httpd/conf.d)

Regards,

Jelte

ismot at telemail

Nov 26, 2010, 8:19 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

Brock Haywood kirjoitti:
> That error also shows up if there are some missing dependencies in PHP
> as well as when the permissions are not set correctly on the
> mythweb/data/ folder. It's probably showing up because it's trying to
> log an error before the logging code is "initialized."
>
> bh

What perl depedencies should I have installed? I have checked datd
folder permissions.

-Kane

BHaywood at BCLC

Nov 26, 2010, 9:02 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

If I had to guess, I would say you are actually missing some PHP
dependencies. They are listed in the INSTALL file in the mythweb folder
(session, MySQL, pcre, posix and json).

bh

jmk at kaufman

Nov 26, 2010, 10:26 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

On 11/26/2010 11:02 AM, Brock Haywood wrote:
> [...]

I have the exact same problem. All php dependencies as listed in the
INSTALL file are active in my version of PHP. (Checked using phpinfo.php)

[Thu Nov 25 21:19:01 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] PHP Warning:
file_get_contents(modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang): failed to
open stream: No such file or directory in
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/classes/Translate.php on line 168
[Thu Nov 25 21:19:01 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] PHP Fatal error:
Failed to open translation file:
modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/classes/Translate.php on line 172

The file is where it should be. The question where does 'modules_path'
get defined?

BHaywood at BCLC

Nov 26, 2010, 10:57 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

It should be done in mythweb/includes/defines.php.

The problem that I had was that php was throwing an error before it gets
defined. In my case, it was permissions. I have also seen it when there
is a php dependency problem. I figured it out by putting in trace
statements starting from where modules_path is defined and working
backwards like such:
echo("here");
exit(0);

And then once that statement is actually executed (the page doesn't
die), I was able to determine what the error was. If you use a quasi
binary search to find out where it is able to run, it shouldn't take too
long. Not pretty, but it ultimately worked.

bh

On 11/26/2010 11:02 AM, Brock Haywood wrote:

Nov 26, 2010, 4:22 PM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

On 11/26/2010 12:57 PM, Brock Haywood wrote:
> It should be done in mythweb/includes/defines.php.
>
> The problem that I had was that php was throwing an error before it gets
> defined. In my case, it was permissions. I have also seen it when there
> is a php dependency problem. I figured it out by putting in trace
> statements starting from where modules_path is defined and working
> backwards like such:
> echo("here");
> exit(0);
>
> And then once that statement is actually executed (the page doesn't
> die), I was able to determine what the error was. If you use a quasi
> binary search to find out where it is able to run, it shouldn't take too
> long. Not pretty, but it ultimately worked.
>
> bh

Using the echo idea, I found that the module named db_update.php checks
the db schema and tries to update it if it is less than 2.

setting('WebPrefer_Channum', null, 1);
setting('WebDBSchemaVer', null, ++$db_vers);

For whatever reason, it was not able to update the WebDBSchemaVer to 2
and that was the problem. I manually updated the db (don't shoot me) and
now MythWeb appears to be working.

ismot at telemail

Nov 27, 2010, 12:58 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

James Kaufman kirjoitti:

> On 11/26/2010 12:57 PM, Brock Haywood wrote:
>> It should be done in mythweb/includes/defines.php.
>>
>> The problem that I had was that php was throwing an error before it gets
>> defined. In my case, it was permissions. I have also seen it when there
>> is a php dependency problem. I figured it out by putting in trace
>> statements starting from where modules_path is defined and working
>> backwards like such:
>> echo("here");
>> exit(0);
>>
>> And then once that statement is actually executed (the page doesn't
>> die), I was able to determine what the error was. If you use a quasi
>> binary search to find out where it is able to run, it shouldn't take too
>> long. Not pretty, but it ultimately worked.
>>
>> bh

Thanks, I tried that. But in my case it didn't help. I still get blank
page and this error:
[Sat Nov 27 10:52:54 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.10] PHP Fatal
error: Failed to open translation file:
modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/classes/Translate.php on line 172, referer:
http://192.168.1.98/
[Sat Nov 27 10:52:55 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.10] PHP Warning:
file_get_contents(modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang): failed to
open stream: Tiedostoa tai hakemistoa ei ole in
/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/classes/Translate.php on line 168, referer:
http://192.168.1.98/
[Sat Nov 27 10:52:55 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.10] PHP Fatal
error: Failed to open translation file:
modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/classes/Translate.php on line 172, referer:
http://192.168.1.98/

Please, could you explain where to put those echo statements? And where
it outputs?

-Kane

ismot at telemail

Nov 29, 2010, 7:37 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

**** Terveisin ** Regards ********

Ismo Tanskanen
Laitalehdontie 43
82220 Niittylahti
P 0400-764124
ismo [at] karjalandatahuolto
ismot [at] telemail
www.karjalandatahuolto.fi

Ismo Tanskanen kirjoitti:

> James Kaufman kirjoitti:
>
>> On 11/26/2010 12:57 PM, Brock Haywood wrote:
>>
>>> It should be done in mythweb/includes/defines.php.
>>>
>>> The problem that I had was that php was throwing an error before it gets
>>> defined. In my case, it was permissions. I have also seen it when there
>>> is a php dependency problem. I figured it out by putting in trace
>>> statements starting from where modules_path is defined and working
>>> backwards like such:
>>> echo("here");
>>> exit(0);
>>>
>>> And then once that statement is actually executed (the page doesn't
>>> die), I was able to determine what the error was. If you use a quasi
>>> binary search to find out where it is able to run, it shouldn't take too
>>> long. Not pretty, but it ultimately worked.
>>>
>>> bh

Sorry about rushing, but could anyone help with this. I don't know how
to track this problem. Where I should put those "echo" statements?
I'm really not familiar with php.

- Kane

BHaywood at BCLC

Nov 29, 2010, 8:55 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

I can't tell you exactly where to put it. You'll need some level of
familiarity with php (at least scripting in general) to do this. Like I
said earlier, it is defined in mythweb/includes/defines.php (line 71 to
specific). Start there and work your way backwards (unless someone has
a better approach). Mythweb/includes/defines.php is loaded by
mythweb/includes/init.php which is loaded by mythweb.php. So start with
defines and then work back to init (the problem is probably somewhere
between the start of init and where defines.php is included).

bh

keemllib at gmail

Nov 29, 2010, 11:00 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 08:55 -0800, Brock Haywood wrote:
> I can't tell you exactly where to put it. You'll need some level of
> familiarity with php (at least scripting in general) to do this. Like I
> said earlier, it is defined in mythweb/includes/defines.php (line 71 to
> specific).

Hi;

If you put: var_dump(modules_path); after line 71, and reload the page,
you should see: string(9) "./modules" as the 1st line of the page.

At least thats what I get.

Assuming you're using: * @version $Revision: 26650 (8th line of
the file.)

Good luck,

Bill Meek

qsteenhuis at gmail

Nov 29, 2010, 11:22 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Ismo Tanskanen <ismot [at] telemail> wrote:

> -------- Alkuperäinen viesti / Orig.Msg. --------
> Aihe:   mythweb not working .. modules_path ?
> Päiväys:        Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:05:10 +0200
> Lähettäjä:      Ismo Tanskanen <ismot [at] telemail>
> Vastaanottaja:  mythtv-users [at] mythtv
>

> I'm installing new server and trying to get mythweb running.
> I compiled 0.24 fixes branch and installed mythweb as described in
> INSTALL file.
> I have opensuse 11.3
>
> When I try to reach mythweb page, I just get empty page. Apache log
> complains that it can't find translation file:
>
> [error] [client 192.168.1.10] PHP Fatal error:  Failed to open
> translation file:  modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
> /srv/www/htdocs/classes/Translate.php on line 172

I ran into this same bug. There's a bug entry in the Myth trac system.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9255

Fix it by running
"sudo ln -s /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules_path"

seven at seven

Nov 29, 2010, 12:46 PM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

On 30 November 2010 05:22, Quinten Steenhuis <qsteenhuis [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Ismo Tanskanen <ismot [at] telemail> wrote:
> >

> > -------- Alkuperäinen viesti / Orig.Msg. --------
> > Aihe: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?
> > Päiväys: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:05:10 +0200
> > Lähettäjä: Ismo Tanskanen <ismot [at] telemail>
> > Vastaanottaja: mythtv-users [at] mythtv
> >

> > I'm installing new server and trying to get mythweb running.
> > I compiled 0.24 fixes branch and installed mythweb as described in
> > INSTALL file.
> > I have opensuse 11.3
> >
> > When I try to reach mythweb page, I just get empty page. Apache log
> > complains that it can't find translation file:
> >
> > [error] [client 192.168.1.10] PHP Fatal error: Failed to open
> > translation file: modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
> > /srv/www/htdocs/classes/Translate.php on line 172
> >

> I ran into this same bug. There's a bug entry in the Myth trac system.
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9255
>
> Fix it by running
> "sudo ln -s /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules
> /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules_path"

I also had the same issue on Mythdora, I also found the bug trac but I had
to do
ln -s /usr/share/mythweb /usr/share/mythtv/
then
cd /usr/share/mythweb
ln -s modules modules_path

Cheers,

Anthony

ismot at telemail

Nov 30, 2010, 10:59 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

**** Terveisin ** Regards ********

Anthony Giggins kirjoitti:

> On 30 November 2010 05:22, Quinten Steenhuis <qsteenhuis [at] gmail
> <mailto:qsteenhuis [at] gmail>> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Ismo Tanskanen <ismot [at] telemail
> <mailto:ismot [at] telemail>> wrote:
> >

> > -------- Alkuperäinen viesti / Orig.Msg. --------
> > Aihe: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?
> > Päiväys: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:05:10 +0200
> > Lähettäjä: Ismo Tanskanen <ismot [at] telemail
> <mailto:ismot [at] telemail>>
> > Vastaanottaja: mythtv-users [at] mythtv
> <mailto:mythtv-users [at] mythtv>
> >

> > I'm installing new server and trying to get mythweb running.
> > I compiled 0.24 fixes branch and installed mythweb as described in
> > INSTALL file.
> > I have opensuse 11.3
> >
> > When I try to reach mythweb page, I just get empty page. Apache log
> > complains that it can't find translation file:
> >
> > [error] [client 192.168.1.10] PHP Fatal error: Failed to open
> > translation file: modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
> > /srv/www/htdocs/classes/Translate.php on line 172
> >

> I ran into this same bug. There's a bug entry in the Myth trac system.
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9255
>
> Fix it by running
> "sudo ln -s /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules
> /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules_path"
>

> I also had the same issue on Mythdora, I also found the bug trac but I
> had to do
> ln -s /usr/share/mythweb /usr/share/mythtv/
> then
> cd /usr/share/mythweb
> ln -s modules modules_path
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

Thanks,
Only problem is, that I can't find folder "modules" or "mythweb" in
/usr/share/mythtv (actually my install is in /usr/local/share/mythtv
When this should be created? I built mythtv from svn, and did install
plugins as well. Damn annoying..

-Kane

greg12866 at nycap

Nov 30, 2010, 12:15 PM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

On 11/30/2010 01:59 PM, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
> **** Terveisin ** Regards ********
>
> Ismo Tanskanen
> Laitalehdontie 43
> 82220 Niittylahti
> P 0400-764124
> ismo [at] karjalandatahuolto
> ismot [at] telemail
> www.karjalandatahuolto.fi
>

> Anthony Giggins kirjoitti:
>>
>> On 30 November 2010 05:22, Quinten Steenhuis<qsteenhuis [at] gmail
>> <mailto:qsteenhuis [at] gmail>> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Ismo Tanskanen<ismot [at] telemail
>> <mailto:ismot [at] telemail>> wrote:
>> >

>> > -------- Alkuperäinen viesti / Orig.Msg. --------
>> > Aihe: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?
>> > Päiväys: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:05:10 +0200
>> > Lähettäjä: Ismo Tanskanen<ismot [at] telemail
>> <mailto:ismot [at] telemail>>
>> > Vastaanottaja: mythtv-users [at] mythtv
>> <mailto:mythtv-users [at] mythtv>
>> >

>> > I'm installing new server and trying to get mythweb running.
>> > I compiled 0.24 fixes branch and installed mythweb as described in
>> > INSTALL file.
>> > I have opensuse 11.3
>> >
>> > When I try to reach mythweb page, I just get empty page. Apache log
>> > complains that it can't find translation file:
>> >
>> > [error] [client 192.168.1.10] PHP Fatal error: Failed to open
>> > translation file: modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
>> > /srv/www/htdocs/classes/Translate.php on line 172
>> >

>> I ran into this same bug. There's a bug entry in the Myth trac system.
>>
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9255
>>
>> Fix it by running
>> "sudo ln -s /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules
>> /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules_path"
>>

>> I also had the same issue on Mythdora, I also found the bug trac but I
>> had to do
>> ln -s /usr/share/mythweb /usr/share/mythtv/
>> then
>> cd /usr/share/mythweb
>> ln -s modules modules_path
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Anthony
>>
> Thanks,
> Only problem is, that I can't find folder "modules" or "mythweb" in
> /usr/share/mythtv (actually my install is in /usr/local/share/mythtv
> When this should be created? I built mythtv from svn, and did install
> plugins as well. Damn annoying..
>
> -Kane

Do you have mythweb located in /var/www?
I use ubuntu and this is the way I get Mythweb working... You may need
to adjust your paths... I think you are missing the sym links..

cd ~/mythplugins/mythweb

sudo cp -rp . /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb

sudo ln -s /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb /var/www

sudo chgrp www-data /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data

sudo chmod 775 /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data

sudo chmod +t /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data

ls -ld /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

keemllib at gmail

Nov 30, 2010, 7:41 PM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 20:59 +0200, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
> > > [error] [client 192.168.1.10] PHP Fatal error: Failed to open
> > > translation file: modules_path/_shared/lang/English.lang in
> > > /srv/www/htdocs/classes/Translate.php on line 172
> Only problem is, that I can't find folder "modules" or "mythweb" in
> /usr/share/mythtv (actually my install is in /usr/local/share/mythtv
> When this should be created? I built mythtv from svn, and did install
> plugins as well.

Hi;

It would appear that your mythweb files are under /srv/www/htdocs.
A mythweb directory under /srv/www/htdocs makes sense, but I don't
see it in the error message above. If you change it, you'll need
to adjust /etc/apache2/sites-enabled (or whever your configuration
is defined.) Then restart apache, as others have mentioned.

Take care,

Bill Meek

ismot at telemail

Dec 1, 2010, 7:30 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

**** Terveisin ** Regards ********

Bill Meek kirjoitti:

>> Only problem is, that I can't find folder "modules" or "mythweb" in
>> /usr/share/mythtv (actually my install is in /usr/local/share/mythtv
>> When this should be created? I built mythtv from svn, and did install
>> plugins as well.
>>

> Hi;
>
> It would appear that your mythweb files are under /srv/www/htdocs.
> A mythweb directory under /srv/www/htdocs makes sense, but I don't
> see it in the error message above. If you change it, you'll need
> to adjust /etc/apache2/sites-enabled (or whever your configuration
> is defined.) Then restart apache, as others have mentioned.
>
> Take care,
>
> Bill Meek

Yes I knew that files are there, but I was thinking if it somehow
interacts with mythtv install directory (because I haven't seen apache
files in /usr/mythtv folder earlier)
However I created symbolic link modules_path to modules in
/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb, and now I get a little mythtv logo in browsers
left up corner, and apache log throws this:

[Wed Dec 01 17:23:38 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.10] File does not
exist: /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/skin_url, referer:
http://192.168.1.98/mythweb/mythweb.php
[Wed Dec 01 17:23:38 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.10] File does not
exist: /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/skin_urlimg
[Wed Dec 01 17:23:38 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.10] File does not
exist: /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/skin_urlimg, referer:
http://192.168.1.98/mythweb/mythweb.php

There really is not skin_url file or directory.. should it be there?

-Kane

keemllib at gmail

Dec 1, 2010, 9:12 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 17:30 +0200, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
> There really is not skin_url file or directory.. should it be there?

Hi;

No, at at least I don't have one and mythweb works fine.

However, in mythweb/include/skin.php, there is a:

define('skin_url', root_url.'skins/'.skin.'/' );

Considering your original posts regarding modules_path, which
is set in the defines.php file and this skin_url issue, I'm
suspecting a more basic problem.

Please post the output of ls -lA /srv/www/htdocs/ and if it
exists, ls -lA /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb.

Then please post the lines of your web configuration file,
which might be /etc/apache2/sites-enebled/mythweb.conf,
that look something like this:

<Directory "/var/www/html/data">
Options -All +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec
</Directory>
<Directory "/var/www/mythweb" >

And do the same for any other files there. Be sure to label
which is which (obviously.)

Finally, for now, what version of PHP are you using? In
ubuntu, I type dpkg -l php5. An openSUSE user can tell
you how to find out if you don't know.

Take care,

Bill Meek

ismot at telemail

Dec 1, 2010, 10:43 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

**** Terveisin ** Regards ********

Bill Meek kirjoitti:
> On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 17:30 +0200, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
>
>> There really is not skin_url file or directory.. should it be there?
>>

> Hi;
>
> No, at at least I don't have one and mythweb works fine.
>
> However, in mythweb/include/skin.php, there is a:
>
> define('skin_url', root_url.'skins/'.skin.'/' );
>
> Considering your original posts regarding modules_path, which
> is set in the defines.php file and this skin_url issue, I'm
> suspecting a more basic problem.
>
> Please post the output of ls -lA /srv/www/htdocs/ and if it
> exists, ls -lA /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb.
>
> Then please post the lines of your web configuration file,
> which might be /etc/apache2/sites-enebled/mythweb.conf,
> that look something like this:
>
> <Directory "/var/www/html/data">
> Options -All +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec
> </Directory>
> <Directory "/var/www/mythweb" >
>
> And do the same for any other files there. Be sure to label
> which is which (obviously.)
>
> Finally, for now, what version of PHP are you using? In
> ubuntu, I type dpkg -l php5. An openSUSE user can tell
> you how to find out if you don't know.
>
> Take care,
>
> Bill Meek

Hi,
Thanks for helping me.

I have index.php in /srv/www/htdocs , what only contains links to
mythweb and my photo gallery.
I also have tried access mythweb using ipaddress/mythweb, but same results.

# ls -lA /srv/www/htdocs/
total 32
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 302 2006-03-13 07:40 favicon.ico
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2010-07-06 09:03 gif
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 760 2009-04-23 23:29 index.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2356 2010-07-05 19:32 info2html.css
drwxrwxrwx 10 root root 4096 2010-12-01 17:23 mythweb
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2010-11-20 21:59 nut
drwxr-xr-x 12 root root 4096 2010-11-20 20:34 phpPgAdmin
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26 2010-07-05 18:15 robots.txt

# ls -lA /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/
total 88
drwxrwxrwx 6 root root 4096 2010-11-20 20:45 classes
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 2010-11-20 20:45 configuration
drwxrwxrwx 3 root apache 4096 2010-11-20 20:45 data
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 2010-11-20 20:45 includes
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-11-26 19:27 index.html~
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12571 2010-11-20 20:45 INSTALL
drwxrwxrwx 5 root root 4096 2010-11-20 20:45 js
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 188 2010-11-20 20:45 LICENSE
drwxrwxrwx 18 root root 4096 2010-11-20 20:45 modules
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 2010-12-01 17:23 modules_path ->
/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/modules
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9160 2010-11-20 20:45 mythweb.conf.apache
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1578 2010-11-20 20:45 mythweb.conf.lighttpd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1349 2010-11-20 20:45 mythweb.php
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3000 2010-11-20 20:45 mythweb.pl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8696 2010-11-20 20:45 README
drwxrwxrwx 11 root root 4096 2010-11-20 20:45 skins
drwxrwxrwx 6 root root 4096 2010-11-20 20:49 .svn

*/etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf:*

<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb">
Options -All +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec
</Directory>
<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/data">

*/etc/apache2/conf.d/apache2-manual.conf:*

<Directory "/usr/share/apache2/manual">
Options Indexes
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

<Files *.html>
SetHandler type-map
</Files>

SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/(de|en|es|fr|ja|ko|ru)/ prefer-language=$1
RedirectMatch 301 ^/manual(?:/(de|en|es|fr|ja|ko|ru)){2,}(/.*)?$
/manual/$1$2
</Directory>

*/etc/apache2/conf.d/gitweb.conf:

*Alias /git/ "/usr/share/git-web/"

<Directory "/usr/share/git-web">
Options ExecCGI
AllowOverride None
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
DirectoryIndex gitweb.cgi
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>*

**/etc/apache2/conf.d/mod_perl.conf:

*<Directory "/srv/www/perl-lib">
AllowOverride None
Options None
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
</Directory>
*
**/etc/apache2/conf.d/nagios.conf:

*<Directory "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi">
# SSLRequireSSL
Options ExecCGI
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
# Order deny,allow
# Deny from all
# Allow from 127.0.0.1
AuthName "Nagios Access"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
Require valid-user
</Directory>

Alias /nagios "/usr/share/nagios"

<Directory "/usr/share/nagios">
# SSLRequireSSL
Options None
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
# Order deny,allow
# Deny from all
# Allow from 127.0.0.1
AuthName "Nagios Access"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
Require valid-user
</Directory>
*
**/etc/apache2/conf.d/php5.conf:*
*
*<IfModule mod_php5.c>
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php4
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php5
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php-source .php4s
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php-source .php5s
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
DirectoryIndex index.php4
DirectoryIndex index.php5
DirectoryIndex index.php
</IfModule>

My php is 5.3.3-0.1.2

-Kane

keemllib at gmail

Dec 1, 2010, 12:17 PM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 20:43 +0200, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
Hi;

Bad news: everything you posted looked reasonable to me,
except for the permissions were too open. I also don't
believe you need the symbolic link modules_path. I don't
have one (it should be harmless though.)

You also have much more configured than I do (nothing
wrong that I know of, just different.)

I do have a configuration file that you don't and there's
a copy of it at:

http://mythtv.pastebin.com/S1QGDEXv

If that file is deleted, apache doesn't work for me. The
file will be there for 1 month.

The fact that modules_path and skin_url don't seem to be
working remains of concern.

I tried this test and it works. Would you please do it too?

Under: /srv/www/htdocs make a file named define.php and
in it put:
PHP define() test should be the only thing that prints next<br>
<?php
define('DEFTEST', 'PHP define() test');
echo(DEFTEST);
?>

Then go to that page http://ipaddres/define.php. Just to be
safe, restart apache 1st.

Is there anything in /var/log/apache2/error.log?

Good luck,

Bill Meek

mythtv at comhem

Dec 1, 2010, 1:06 PM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

On 2010-12-01 19:43, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:

> */etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf:*
>
> <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb">
> Options -All +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec
> </Directory>
> <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/data">

Maybe try this instead which should be in line with what's in
mythweb.conf.apache and the INSTALL file:

--
Jonatan

ismot at telemail

Dec 2, 2010, 10:35 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

**** Terveisin ** Regards ********

Jonatan kirjoitti:

> On 2010-12-01 19:43, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
>>
>> */etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf:*
>>
>> <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb">
>> Options -All +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec
>> </Directory>
>> <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/data">
>>
> Maybe try this instead which should be in line with what's in
> mythweb.conf.apache and the INSTALL file:
>
> <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/data">
> Options -All +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec
> </Directory>
> <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb">
>
> --
> Jonatan

Thanks Jonatan, this worked.
Strange, I tried this earlier, but then it didn't work. But then I
didn't have modules_path symlink, so I think this is needed too.

-Kane

ismot at telemail

Dec 2, 2010, 10:38 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

Bill Meek kirjoitti:
> On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 20:43 +0200, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Bad news: everything you posted looked reasonable to me,
> except for the permissions were too open. I also don't
> believe you need the symbolic link modules_path. I don't
> have one (it should be harmless though.)
>
> You also have much more configured than I do (nothing
> wrong that I know of, just different.)
>
> I do have a configuration file that you don't and there's
> a copy of it at:
>
> http://mythtv.pastebin.com/S1QGDEXv
>
> If that file is deleted, apache doesn't work for me. The
> file will be there for 1 month.
>
> The fact that modules_path and skin_url don't seem to be
> working remains of concern.
>
> I tried this test and it works. Would you please do it too?
>
> Under: /srv/www/htdocs make a file named define.php and
> in it put:
> PHP define() test should be the only thing that prints next<br>
> <?php
> define('DEFTEST', 'PHP define() test');
> echo(DEFTEST);
> ?>
>
> Then go to that page http://ipaddres/define.php. Just to be
> safe, restart apache 1st.
>
> Is there anything in /var/log/apache2/error.log?
>
> Good luck,
>
> Bill Meek

Bill,
Thanks for your help. It appears that I had lines wrongly as Jonatan
said. Also modules_path symlink was needed.
Now it works excluding streaming from mythweb, but this is another story
I think..

-Kane

BHaywood at BCLC

Dec 2, 2010, 11:05 AM

Re: mythweb not working .. modules_path ?] [In reply to]

If you remove that symlink does it stop working now that you have the
apache config correct? Because that symlink should not be required. It
just so happens that having it there is masking, IMHO, a bug. I would
say that if you remove the symlink and the page doesn't work again then
you still have some configuration problems.

bh