Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Live tv wont rewind 0.24

brian at fodvo

Nov 28, 2010, 12:23 PM

Live tv wont rewind 0.24

Just upgraded to 0.24 and resinstalled machines. I historically just
use programmed recordings, but decided to try Live TV on a football
game, and am finding it won't rewind. It displays the Skip Back bar,
but doesn't actually move. Skip forward works.

With a bit more play, it will skip back for about the first 10 seconds
of watching a show, but not after that.

I readily admit, I very infrequently use Live TV, but I don't remember
this behavior. But I also don't see others complaining about this, so
it is likely something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Brian

jyavenard at gmail

Nov 28, 2010, 5:32 PM

Re: Live tv wont rewind 0.24 [In reply to]

On 29 November 2010 07:23, Brian Foddy <brian [at] fodvo> wrote:
>  Just upgraded to 0.24 and resinstalled machines.  I historically just use
> programmed recordings, but decided to try Live TV on a football game, and am
> finding it won't rewind.  It displays the Skip Back bar, but doesn't
> actually move.  Skip forward works.
>
> With a bit more play, it will skip back for about the first 10 seconds of
> watching a show, but not after that.
>
> I readily admit, I very infrequently use Live TV, but I don't remember this
> behavior.  But I also don't see others complaining about this, so it is
> likely something I'm doing wrong.

Which svn revision of 0.24 are you using ?

Some fixes went in to fix this issue not long ago I think
JY

gbr at majentis

Nov 28, 2010, 5:50 PM

Re: Live tv wont rewind 0.24 [In reply to]

> On 29 November 2010 07:23, Brian Foddy <brian [at] fodvo> wrote:
> >  Just upgraded to 0.24 and resinstalled machines. I historically
> >  just use
> > programmed recordings, but decided to try Live TV on a football
> > game, and am
> > finding it won't rewind. It displays the Skip Back bar, but doesn't
> > actually move. Skip forward works.
> >
> > With a bit more play, it will skip back for about the first 10
> > seconds of
> > watching a show, but not after that.
> >
> > I readily admit, I very infrequently use Live TV, but I don't
> > remember this
> > behavior. But I also don't see others complaining about this, so it
> > is
> > likely something I'm doing wrong.
>
> Which svn revision of 0.24 are you using ?
>
> Some fixes went in to fix this issue not long ago I think
> JY

I occasionally have a similar issue under .23 fixes.

Gerald

brian at fodvo

Nov 28, 2010, 5:54 PM

Re: Live tv wont rewind 0.24 [In reply to]

On 11/28/2010 7:32 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 29 November 2010 07:23, Brian Foddy<brian [at] fodvo> wrote:
>> Just upgraded to 0.24 and resinstalled machines. I historically just use
>> programmed recordings, but decided to try Live TV on a football game, and am
>> finding it won't rewind. It displays the Skip Back bar, but doesn't
>> actually move. Skip forward works.
>>
>> With a bit more play, it will skip back for about the first 10 seconds of
>> watching a show, but not after that.
>>
>> I readily admit, I very infrequently use Live TV, but I don't remember this
>> behavior. But I also don't see others complaining about this, so it is
>> likely something I'm doing wrong.
> Which svn revision of 0.24 are you using ?
>
> Some fixes went in to fix this issue not long ago I think
> JY

I'm using RPMs from PLF, 27162. I found a bit more info. I kept
restarting and finally found an instance that would RR and FF correctly,
watched a couple hour game then at the end of the game I RR'ed again and
it jumped back to the very start (2+ hrs) and would not allow a FF action.

Brian

nasa01 at comcast

Nov 29, 2010, 3:10 AM

Re: Live tv wont rewind 0.24 [In reply to]

----- "Brian Foddy" <brian [at] fodvo> wrote:

> On 11/28/2010 7:32 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> > On 29 November 2010 07:23, Brian Foddy<brian [at] fodvo> wrote:
> >> Just upgraded to 0.24 and resinstalled machines. I historically
> just use
> >> programmed recordings, but decided to try Live TV on a football
> game, and am
> >> finding it won't rewind. It displays the Skip Back bar, but
> doesn't
> >> actually move. Skip forward works.
> >>
> >> With a bit more play, it will skip back for about the first 10
> seconds of
> >> watching a show, but not after that.
> >>
> >> I readily admit, I very infrequently use Live TV, but I don't
> remember this
> >> behavior. But I also don't see others complaining about this, so
> it is
> >> likely something I'm doing wrong.
> > Which svn revision of 0.24 are you using ?
> >
> > Some fixes went in to fix this issue not long ago I think
> > JY
>
> I'm using RPMs from PLF, 27162. I found a bit more info. I kept
> restarting and finally found an instance that would RR and FF
> correctly,
> watched a couple hour game then at the end of the game I RR'ed again
> and
> it jumped back to the very start (2+ hrs) and would not allow a FF
> action.

Brian,

I actually commented on a similar issue, which I didn't get any feedback
on ( http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/456600?#456600 ). I
wonder if the issues are related and/or the same.

Nasa

brian at fodvo

Nov 30, 2010, 9:04 PM

Re: Live tv wont rewind 0.24 [In reply to]

On 11/29/2010 5:10 AM, Nasa wrote:
> I'm using RPMs from PLF, 27162. I found a bit more info. I kept
>> restarting and finally found an instance that would RR and FF
>> correctly,
>> watched a couple hour game then at the end of the game I RR'ed again
>> and
>> it jumped back to the very start (2+ hrs) and would not allow a FF
>> action.
>>
> Brian,
>
> I actually commented on a similar issue, which I didn't get any feedback
> on ( http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/456600?#456600 ). I
> wonder if the issues are related and/or the same.
>
> Nasa
I saw something the in the .24 fixes list about FF/RR for live tv.
Maybe its fixed. If I get time I'll try to apply them.

Brian

frankalso at gmail

Nov 30, 2010, 10:36 PM

Re: Live tv wont rewind 0.24 [In reply to]

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Brian Foddy <brian [at] fodvo> wrote:

> On 11/28/2010 7:32 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>
>> On 29 November 2010 07:23, Brian Foddy<brian [at] fodvo> wrote:
>>
>>> Just upgraded to 0.24 and resinstalled machines. I historically just
>>> use
>>> programmed recordings, but decided to try Live TV on a football game, and
>>> am
>>> finding it won't rewind. It displays the Skip Back bar, but doesn't
>>> actually move. Skip forward works.
>>>
>>> With a bit more play, it will skip back for about the first 10 seconds of
>>> watching a show, but not after that.
>>>
>>> I readily admit, I very infrequently use Live TV, but I don't remember
>>> this
>>> behavior. But I also don't see others complaining about this, so it is
>>> likely something I'm doing wrong.
>>>
>> Which svn revision of 0.24 are you using ?
>>
>> Some fixes went in to fix this issue not long ago I think
>> JY
>>

> I'm using RPMs from PLF, 27162. I found a bit more info. I kept
> restarting and finally found an instance that would RR and FF correctly,
> watched a couple hour game then at the end of the game I RR'ed again and it
> jumped back to the very start (2+ hrs) and would not allow a FF action.
>
> Brian

Maybe http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9023 ? Here is an excerpt from my
logs for the same problem:

2010-11-06 00:08:29.685 AFD: DoFastForward(4346 (3506), do discard frames)
2010-11-06 00:08:29.685 Dec: DoFastForward(4346 (3506), do discard frames)
2010-11-06 00:08:29.685 Dec: ConditionallyUpdatePosMap: Not enough info in
posit we need frame 4346 but highest we have is 3287.
2010-11-06 00:08:29.685 Dec: Resyncing position map. posmapStarted = 1
livetv(1)
2010-11-06 00:08:29.685 Player(0): Filling position map from 3288 to end
2010-11-06 00:08:29.692 Dec: Position map filled from Encoder to: 4419
2010-11-06 00:08:29.692 Dec: SyncPositionMap watchingrecording total: 164
entrie
2010-11-06 00:08:29.692 Dec: SyncPositionMap, new totframes: 4419, new
length: 1
2010-11-06 00:08:29.693 Dec: FindPosition(4346, search not adjusted) -->
[160:4329(217488740),161:4359(219084860)]
2010-11-06 00:08:29.693 AFD: SeekReset(4359, 0, do flush, do discard)
2010-11-06 00:08:29.694 AFD: SeekReset() flushing

The scenario is to play LiveTV across a boundary, then at e.g. 10:05:00 hit
rewind and it will take you all the way back to 9:05:00 in the previous show
and won't let you FF past the current minute.