Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Separate modes for GUI and TV output not working

lists at laser-point

Sep 24, 2010, 11:58 AM

Separate modes for GUI and TV output not working

Hi,

I'm trying to use a 576p mode for 576p programs, and 1080p for
everything else. I can see from my X log that I have three modes

1920x1080_50, 1920x1080_60 and 720x576_50

I've set up the "separate modes for GUI and TV output" screen,
and I've set FlatPanelProperties "scaling = native" in my X
config.

It partly works in that the frontend correctly chooses between
1920x1080_50 and 1920x1080_60 depending on frame rate, but
the 720x576 mode is never used.

Any obvious gotchas I might have been caught by?

Paul.