Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault

 

 

MythTV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


richard.e.morton at gmail

Apr 27, 2010, 12:15 PM

Post #1 of 9 (981 views)
Permalink
recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault

I rarely watch Quest in the UK (freeview - rowridge).

However; I recorded a couple of programmes from a series and they
cause mythfrontend to segfault. I still have the sample file. I didnt
try to watch this programme live; but I have now tried the channel and
it works on both live tv and recorded.

I can play the file in vlc.

any ideas?


myth [at] myth-bedroo:~$ mythfrontend
2010-04-27 20:06:11.729 mythfrontend version:
branches/release-0-23-fixes [24158] www.mythtv.org
2010-04-27 20:06:11.731 Using runtime prefix = /usr
2010-04-27 20:06:11.731 Using configuration directory = /home/myth/.mythtv
2010-04-27 20:06:12.589 Using localhost value of myth-bedroom
2010-04-27 20:06:12.590 Testing network connectivity to '192.168.0.2'
2010-04-27 20:06:12.616 New DB connection, total: 1
2010-04-27 20:06:12.622 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: 192.168.0.2
2010-04-27 20:06:12.623 Closing DB connection named 'DBManager0'
2010-04-27 20:06:12.645 ScreenSaverX11Private: Gnome screen saver
support enabled
2010-04-27 20:06:12.648 DPMS is active.
2010-04-27 20:06:12.654 Primary screen: 0.
2010-04-27 20:06:12.656 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: 192.168.0.2
2010-04-27 20:06:12.659 Using screen 0, 1920x1200 at 0,0
2010-04-27 20:06:12.708 Desktop video mode: 1920x1200 59.952 Hz
2010-04-27 20:06:12.752 MythUI Image Cache size set to 20971520 bytes
2010-04-27 20:06:12.806 AudioPulseUtil: Suspend Success
2010-04-27 20:06:12.807 Enabled verbose msgs: important general
2010-04-27 20:06:12.856 Connecting to lcd server: 127.0.0.1:6545 (try 1 of 10)
2010-04-27 20:06:12.859 New DB connection, total: 2
2010-04-27 20:06:12.861 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: 192.168.0.2
2010-04-27 20:06:12.870 Primary screen: 0.
2010-04-27 20:06:12.872 Using screen 0, 1920x1200 at 0,0
2010-04-27 20:06:12.874 Using theme base resolution of 1280x720
2010-04-27 20:06:12.890 LIRC, Error: Failed to connect to Unix socket
'/var/run/lirc/lircd'
eno: No such file or directory (2)
2010-04-27 20:06:12.890 JoystickMenuThread Error: Joystick disabled -
Failed to read /home/myth/.mythtv/joystickmenurc
2010-04-27 20:06:12.976 Using Frameless Window
2010-04-27 20:06:12.976 Using Full Screen Window
2010-04-27 20:06:13.458 Using the OpenGL painter
2010-04-27 20:06:14.142 XMLParseBase: Loaded base theme from
'/usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue-abstract-wide/base.xml'
2010-04-27 20:06:14.300 XMLParseBase: Loaded base theme from
'/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/base.xml'
2010-04-27 20:06:14.331 XMLParseBase: Loaded base theme from
'/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/base.xml'
2010-04-27 20:06:14.437 Current MythTV Schema Version (DBSchemaVer): 1254
2010-04-27 20:06:15.456 Registering Internal as a media playback plugin.
2010-04-27 20:06:15.515 Cannot load language en_gb for module mytharchive
2010-04-27 20:06:15.521 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythbrowser
2010-04-27 20:06:15.528 Registering WebBrowser as a media playback plugin.
2010-04-27 20:06:15.529 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythbrowser
2010-04-27 20:06:15.590 MonitorRegisterExtensions(0x100, gif,jpg,png)
2010-04-27 20:06:15.590 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythgallery
2010-04-27 20:06:15.609 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythgame
2010-04-27 20:06:15.622 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythmovies
2010-04-27 20:06:15.669 Current MythMusic Schema Version
(MusicDBSchemaVer): 1017
2010-04-27 20:06:15.761 MonitorRegisterExtensions(0x40,
mp3,mp2,ogg,oga,flac,wma,wav,ac3,oma,omg,atp,ra,dts,aac,m4a,aa3,tta,mka,aiff,swa,wv)
2010-04-27 20:06:15.772 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythmusic
2010-04-27 20:06:15.795 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythnetvision
2010-04-27 20:06:15.806 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythnews
2010-04-27 20:06:15.828 Current MythVideo Schema Version
(mythvideo.DBSchemaVer): 1032
2010-04-27 20:06:15.895 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythvideo
2010-04-27 20:06:15.912 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythweather
2010-04-27 20:06:15.916 NetworkControl: Listening for remote
connections on port 6546
2010-04-27 20:06:15.919 XMLParseBase: Loading window theme from
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue-abstract-wide/menu-ui.xml
2010-04-27 20:06:15.945 Loading menu theme from
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu//mainmenu.xml
2010-04-27 20:06:15.950 Found mainmenu.xml for theme 'blue-abstract-wide'
2010-04-27 20:06:15.989 Using NV NPOT texture extension
2010-04-27 20:06:16.237 MythContext: Connecting to backend server:
192.168.0.2:6543 (try 1 of 1)
2010-04-27 20:06:16.238 Using protocol version 56
2010-04-27 20:06:16.870 Loading menu theme from
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu//library.xml
2010-04-27 20:06:17.983 XMLParseBase: Loading window theme from
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue-abstract-wide/recordings-ui.xml
2010-04-27 20:06:23.740 TV: Attempting to change from None to
WatchingPreRecorded
2010-04-27 20:06:24.053 NVP(0): Disabling Audio, params(-1,-1,-1)
2010-04-27 20:06:24.914 AFD: Opened codec 0x9c631b0, id(MPEG2VIDEO) type(Video)
2010-04-27 20:06:24.914 AFD: codec MP3 has 0 channels
2010-04-27 20:06:24.914 AFD: Opened codec 0x9c63550, id(MP3) type(Audio)
2010-04-27 20:06:25.580 VDPAU: Created 2 output surfaces.
2010-04-27 20:06:25.580 VDPAU: Version 1
2010-04-27 20:06:25.580 VDPAU: Information NVIDIA VDPAU Driver Shared
Library 195.36.15 Thu Mar 11 23:42:13 PST 2010
2010-04-27 20:06:25.580 VDPAU: Created VDPAU render device 1920x1200
2010-04-27 20:06:25.729 NVP(0): Forcing decode extra audio option on
(Video method requires it).
2010-04-27 20:06:25.732 OSD Theme Dimensions W: 1280 H: 720
2010-04-27 20:06:26.071 TV: Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
2010-04-27 20:06:26.074 Realtime priority would require SUID as root.
Segmentation fault
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


J.Pilk at tesco

Apr 27, 2010, 12:52 PM

Post #2 of 9 (970 views)
Permalink
Re: recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault [In reply to]

On 27/04/10 20:15, Richard Morton wrote:
> I rarely watch Quest in the UK (freeview - rowridge).
>
> However; I recorded a couple of programmes from a series and they
> cause mythfrontend to segfault. I still have the sample file. I didnt
> try to watch this programme live; but I have now tried the channel and
> it works on both live tv and recorded.
>
> I can play the file in vlc.
>
> any ideas?
>
>
> myth [at] myth-bedroo:~$ mythfrontend
> 2010-04-27 20:06:11.729 mythfrontend version:
> branches/release-0-23-fixes [24158] www.mythtv.org
> 2010-04-27 20:06:11.731 Using runtime prefix = /usr
> 2010-04-27 20:06:11.731 Using configuration directory = /home/myth/.mythtv
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.589 Using localhost value of myth-bedroom
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.590 Testing network connectivity to '192.168.0.2'
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.616 New DB connection, total: 1
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.622 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: 192.168.0.2
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.623 Closing DB connection named 'DBManager0'
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.645 ScreenSaverX11Private: Gnome screen saver
> support enabled
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.648 DPMS is active.
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.654 Primary screen: 0.
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.656 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: 192.168.0.2
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.659 Using screen 0, 1920x1200 at 0,0
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.708 Desktop video mode: 1920x1200 59.952 Hz
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.752 MythUI Image Cache size set to 20971520 bytes
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.806 AudioPulseUtil: Suspend Success
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.807 Enabled verbose msgs: important general
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.856 Connecting to lcd server: 127.0.0.1:6545 (try 1 of 10)
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.859 New DB connection, total: 2
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.861 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: 192.168.0.2
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.870 Primary screen: 0.
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.872 Using screen 0, 1920x1200 at 0,0
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.874 Using theme base resolution of 1280x720
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.890 LIRC, Error: Failed to connect to Unix socket
> '/var/run/lirc/lircd'
> eno: No such file or directory (2)
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.890 JoystickMenuThread Error: Joystick disabled -
> Failed to read /home/myth/.mythtv/joystickmenurc
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.976 Using Frameless Window
> 2010-04-27 20:06:12.976 Using Full Screen Window
> 2010-04-27 20:06:13.458 Using the OpenGL painter
> 2010-04-27 20:06:14.142 XMLParseBase: Loaded base theme from
> '/usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue-abstract-wide/base.xml'
> 2010-04-27 20:06:14.300 XMLParseBase: Loaded base theme from
> '/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/base.xml'
> 2010-04-27 20:06:14.331 XMLParseBase: Loaded base theme from
> '/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/base.xml'
> 2010-04-27 20:06:14.437 Current MythTV Schema Version (DBSchemaVer): 1254
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.456 Registering Internal as a media playback plugin.
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.515 Cannot load language en_gb for module mytharchive
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.521 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythbrowser
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.528 Registering WebBrowser as a media playback plugin.
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.529 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythbrowser
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.590 MonitorRegisterExtensions(0x100, gif,jpg,png)
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.590 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythgallery
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.609 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythgame
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.622 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythmovies
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.669 Current MythMusic Schema Version
> (MusicDBSchemaVer): 1017
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.761 MonitorRegisterExtensions(0x40,
> mp3,mp2,ogg,oga,flac,wma,wav,ac3,oma,omg,atp,ra,dts,aac,m4a,aa3,tta,mka,aiff,swa,wv)
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.772 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythmusic
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.795 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythnetvision
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.806 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythnews
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.828 Current MythVideo Schema Version
> (mythvideo.DBSchemaVer): 1032
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.895 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythvideo
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.912 Cannot load language en_gb for module mythweather
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.916 NetworkControl: Listening for remote
> connections on port 6546
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.919 XMLParseBase: Loading window theme from
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue-abstract-wide/menu-ui.xml
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.945 Loading menu theme from
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu//mainmenu.xml
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.950 Found mainmenu.xml for theme 'blue-abstract-wide'
> 2010-04-27 20:06:15.989 Using NV NPOT texture extension
> 2010-04-27 20:06:16.237 MythContext: Connecting to backend server:
> 192.168.0.2:6543 (try 1 of 1)
> 2010-04-27 20:06:16.238 Using protocol version 56
> 2010-04-27 20:06:16.870 Loading menu theme from
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu//library.xml
> 2010-04-27 20:06:17.983 XMLParseBase: Loading window theme from
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue-abstract-wide/recordings-ui.xml
> 2010-04-27 20:06:23.740 TV: Attempting to change from None to
> WatchingPreRecorded
> 2010-04-27 20:06:24.053 NVP(0): Disabling Audio, params(-1,-1,-1)
> 2010-04-27 20:06:24.914 AFD: Opened codec 0x9c631b0, id(MPEG2VIDEO) type(Video)
> 2010-04-27 20:06:24.914 AFD: codec MP3 has 0 channels
> 2010-04-27 20:06:24.914 AFD: Opened codec 0x9c63550, id(MP3) type(Audio)
> 2010-04-27 20:06:25.580 VDPAU: Created 2 output surfaces.
> 2010-04-27 20:06:25.580 VDPAU: Version 1
> 2010-04-27 20:06:25.580 VDPAU: Information NVIDIA VDPAU Driver Shared
> Library 195.36.15 Thu Mar 11 23:42:13 PST 2010
> 2010-04-27 20:06:25.580 VDPAU: Created VDPAU render device 1920x1200
> 2010-04-27 20:06:25.729 NVP(0): Forcing decode extra audio option on
> (Video method requires it).
> 2010-04-27 20:06:25.732 OSD Theme Dimensions W: 1280 H: 720
> 2010-04-27 20:06:26.071 TV: Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
> 2010-04-27 20:06:26.074 Realtime priority would require SUID as root.
> Segmentation fault


I have no problem with Quest, but it's unusual among the channels that I
do record in having no second audio channel. Not using VDPAU,
0.23-fixes-24158

John P
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


davescammell at gmail

Apr 27, 2010, 1:38 PM

Post #3 of 9 (959 views)
Permalink
Re: recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault [In reply to]

On 27 April 2010 20:52, John Pilkington <J.Pilk [at] tesco> wrote:
> On 27/04/10 20:15, Richard Morton wrote:
>>
>> I rarely watch Quest in the UK (freeview - rowridge).
>>
>> However; I recorded a couple of programmes from a series and they
>> cause mythfrontend to segfault. I still have the sample file. I didnt
>> try to watch this programme live; but I have now tried the channel and
>> it works on both live tv and recorded.
>>
>> I can play the file in vlc.
>>
>> any ideas?

Not here but (a little) more information; mythcommflag appears to get
stuck flagging these recordings, forever. I haven't ever see segfaults
in mythfrontend as such with this issue. I upgraded to last nights svn
0.23+fixes today and still have commflagging issues with these
recordings. I will likely switch off commflagging entirely as its not
greatly useful for the channels I watch in the UK and Quest isn't a
biggy either. Happy to have a prod around if that would help anyone
though.
cheers dave

debian lenny/squeeze vdpau
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


richard.e.morton at gmail

Apr 27, 2010, 2:14 PM

Post #4 of 9 (962 views)
Permalink
Re: recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault [In reply to]

interesting; on my T60 laptop it doesn't segfault but it does just
havea working OSD with a blank screen and no audio.

The frontend I was using was 10.04 zotac ion system.

The programme in question was/is x-machines. Other programmes (playing
now for instance is tornado row) work fine.

strange...
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


J.Pilk at tesco

Apr 27, 2010, 2:30 PM

Post #5 of 9 (958 views)
Permalink
Re: recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault [In reply to]

On 27/04/10 20:52, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 27/04/10 20:15, Richard Morton wrote:
>> I rarely watch Quest in the UK (freeview - rowridge).
>>
>> However; I recorded a couple of programmes from a series and they
>> cause mythfrontend to segfault. I still have the sample file. I didnt
>> try to watch this programme live; but I have now tried the channel and
>> it works on both live tv and recorded.
>>
>> I can play the file in vlc.
>>
>> any ideas?
>>

<logging output snipped>


>
>
> I have no problem with Quest, but it's unusual among the channels that I
> do record in having no second audio channel. Not using VDPAU,
> 0.23-fixes-24158
>
> John P

I've just looked at Project-X logs for Quest (1038) and BBC FOUR (1009)
These extracts show what are probably typical differences and may be
helpful. The max GOP figures are very different, and, of course, the
'video basics'

cat 1009* | grep 'GOP summary'
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 36 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 36 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 36 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 36 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 36 fields; contains interlaced frames

-> Filetype is TS (generic PES Container)
-> demux
-> Service ID 0x1
-> PMT 0x2BE refers to these usable streams:
Video:
PID: 0xC9(#1)
Audio:
PID: 0x191(#2)(eng)
PID: 0x192(#6)(eng)
Teletext:
n/a
Subpict.:
PID: 0x259(#5)(eng_0x10_p1_a1 )

-> special PIDs for searching defined: { 0xC9 0x191 }
!> missing sync. byte @ 310097612
!> found sync. byte @ 310097728
ok> PID 0x191 has PES-ID 0xC0 (MPEG Audio) (310154316 #302)
ok> PID 0xC9 has PES-ID 0xE0 (MPEG Video) (310225944 #683)
-> cut-in @ GOP# 4 / new vframe 0 / new Timecode 00:00:00.000 (312548684)
-> video basics: 720*576 @ 25fps @ 0.7031 (16:9) @ 15000000bps,
vbvBuffer 112
-> starting export of video data @ GOP# 4
!> dropping useless B-Frames @ GOP# 4 / new Timecode 00:00:00.000
-> cut-out @ GOP# 3601 (1726804440)
packs: 6946614 100% 2067132380

-> Video: fr/ ct/ 1p/ cg/ og/ dg -> 43462/ 826/ 0/ 3597/ 0/ 0
-> Video length: 43462 frames @ 00:28:58.480
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 36 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> avg. nom. bitrate 4450571bps (min/max: 1408400/7805600)
-> set first sequenceheader bitrate to 7805600bps



and in contrast

cat 1038* | grep 'GOP summary'
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 106 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 106 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 16, max. 104 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 14, max. 104 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 104 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 100 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 104 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 104 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 106 fields; contains interlaced frames

-> Filetype is TS (generic PES Container)
-> demux
-> Service ID 0x1
-> PMT 0x109 refers to these usable streams:
Video:
PID: 0x1B11(#5)
Audio:
PID: 0x1B12(eng)(#143)
Teletext:
n/a
Subpict.:
n/a

-> special PIDs for searching defined: { 0x1B11 0x1B12 }
!> missing sync. byte @ 92791044
!> found sync. byte @ 92791160
ok> PID 0x1B11 has PES-ID 0xE0 (MPEG Video) (92792664 #9)
ok> PID 0x1B12 has PES-ID 0xC0 (MPEG Audio) (92830076 #208)
-> cut-in @ GOP# 9 / new vframe 0 / new Timecode 00:00:00.000 (95069908)
-> video basics: 544*576 @ 25fps @ 0.7031 (16:9) @ 15000000bps,
vbvBuffer 112
-> starting export of video data @ GOP# 9
!> dropping useless B-Frames @ GOP# 9 / new Timecode 00:00:00.000
-> cut-out @ GOP# 500 (227269252)
-> cut-in @ GOP# 783 / new vframe 13834 / new Timecode 00:09:13.360
(304850836)
!> PTS difference of 27032400 (00:05:00.360) to last exported GOP detected
!> dropping useless B-Frames @ GOP# 783 / new Timecode 00:09:13.360
-> cut-out @ GOP# 1456 (541363860)
packs: 3248840 100% 710612740

-> Video: fr/ ct/ 1p/ cg/ og/ dg -> 33485/ 389/ 0/ 1164/ 0/ 0
-> Video length: 33485 frames @ 00:22:19.400
-> GOP summary: min. 18, max. 102 fields; contains interlaced frames
-> avg. nom. bitrate 1972214bps (min/max: 439200/5972000)
-> set first sequenceheader bitrate to 5972000bps


_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


davescammell at gmail

Apr 27, 2010, 2:54 PM

Post #6 of 9 (968 views)
Permalink
Re: recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault [In reply to]

On 27 April 2010 22:30, John Pilkington <J.Pilk [at] tesco> wrote:
> On 27/04/10 20:52, John Pilkington wrote:
>>
>> On 27/04/10 20:15, Richard Morton wrote:
>>>
>>> I rarely watch Quest in the UK (freeview - rowridge).
>>>
>>> However; I recorded a couple of programmes from a series and they
>>> cause mythfrontend to segfault. I still have the sample file. I didnt
>>> try to watch this programme live; but I have now tried the channel and
>>> it works on both live tv and recorded.
>>>
<snip>

Ok, I just attempted to play one of the x-machines recordings and it
fails for me also. I had presumed wrongly that another member of the
household had been watching these. He knows how to ctrl+alt+backspace
and I guess he never reported the failures but was able to restart the
frontend himself.
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


richard.e.morton at gmail

May 6, 2010, 3:40 PM

Post #7 of 9 (804 views)
Permalink
Re: recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault [In reply to]

Has anyone logged a bug regarding this issue?
I have never collected the information to log a bug of this nature; I can
supply a file sample if that helps. any thoughts?

R




On 27 Apr 2010 22:54, "David Scammell" <davescammell [at] gmail> wrote:

On 27 April 2010 22:30, John Pilkington <J.Pilk [at] tesco> wrote:
> On 27/04/10 20:52, John Pilkingt...
<snip>

Ok, I just attempted to play one of the x-machines recordings and it
fails for me also. I had presumed wrongly that another member of the
household had been watching these. He knows how to ctrl+alt+backspace
and I guess he never reported the failures but was able to restart the
frontend himself.

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
ht...


J.Pilk at tesco

May 11, 2010, 2:56 AM

Post #8 of 9 (761 views)
Permalink
Re: recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault [In reply to]

Continuing this thread with a new comment: no segfault, but ...

Last night I recorded two consecutive shows from Quest. The first
played as normal but the second appeared to be the right length but
entirely blank. The frontend log looked unremarkable, with both
programmes coming from the same good hardware tuner. In vlc the file
played normally, and after a pass through my Project-X script it played
in mythfrontend and I was able to edit and cut it as usual.

Something that looks as if it might be significant is that the second
recording was immediately before, and included, transmission closedown.

f12 x86_64 from ATrpms

> mythfrontend --version
> Please include all output in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : 24265
> MythTV Branch : branches/release-0-23-fixes/mythtv/
> Network Protocol : 56
> Library API : 0.23.20100314-1
> QT Version : 4.6.2
> Options compiled in:
> linux release using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack using_pulseoutput using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg


John P
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users


richard.e.morton at gmail

May 11, 2010, 11:33 AM

Post #9 of 9 (756 views)
Permalink
Re: recording of Quest (UK) causes 0.23 to segfault [In reply to]

On 11 May 2010 10:56, John Pilkington <J.Pilk [at] tesco> wrote:
> Continuing this thread with a new comment: no segfault, but ...

yep, most of the time Quest is no problem, the issue is I have
encountered is with a single program, X-Machines.

A few other programme tests (it is the only programme that interested
me) work fine.

R
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users [at] mythtv
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

MythTV users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.