Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

controlling a dish vip211k

kevincplew at gmail

Jan 1, 2010, 2:31 PM

controlling a dish vip211k

Folks- I'm having an issue controlling a vip211k via myth and and an ir
blaster. I have confirmed lircd and blaster setup by doing "irsend -d
/dev/lircd SEND_ONCE dish 3" from the commandline and it changes the
channel. But none of the scripts I've found seems to be able to change the
channel via the backend, altough the backend reports the external channel
changing program exiting without error.

I'm using the following script:
#!/bin/bash
REMOTE_NAME=dish
irsend --device=/dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME select
sleep 0.5
for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
irsend --device=/dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
sleep 0.5
done
irsend --device=/dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME select

Thanks for any help.

--
Kevin Plew
kevincplew [at] gmail