Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Debian Packages

ignacio at shaw

Nov 3, 2003, 6:52 PM

Debian Packages

Hi, i'm thinking of switching to debian, and i was wondering, how long
will it be before there will be precompiled packages of mythtv v0.12 for
debian, thanks a lot, iggy.

Xsecrets at softhome

Nov 3, 2003, 7:07 PM

Re: Debian Packages [In reply to]

don't know about the debian packages but a little bird whispered in my
ear that knoppmyth will be released tomorrow with 0.12 included.

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 19:52, ignacio wrote:
> Hi, i'm thinking of switching to debian, and i was wondering, how long
> will it be before there will be precompiled packages of mythtv v0.12 for
> debian, thanks a lot, iggy.

cwatson at linkline

Nov 3, 2003, 8:55 PM

Re: Debian Packages [In reply to]

Myster Man wrote:

>don't know about the debian packages but a little bird whispered in my
>ear that knoppmyth will be released tomorrow with 0.12 included.
>
>On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 19:52, ignacio wrote:
>

>>Hi, i'm thinking of switching to debian, and i was wondering, how long
>>will it be before there will be precompiled packages of mythtv v0.12 for
>>debian, thanks a lot, iggy.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten a parrot....

afrerich at yahoo

Oct 14, 2004, 1:56 PM

Re: Debian Packages [In reply to]

Ok, maybe I asked a little too politely last time. The Debian binary
packages have been down for me for a couple of weeks now. Are they
coming back? The link on the mythtv.org site is broken and gives me
the following error:

The connection was refused when attempting to connect to
dijkstra.csh.rit.edu:8088

I had a frontend that I wanted to updated, but I went ahead and did it
using the 0.16 release code. But, if they are gone, shouldn't the link
be removed from the web site?
Aaron

http://vote.yahoo.com

beanjammin at gmail

Oct 14, 2004, 5:01 PM

Re: Re: Debian Packages [In reply to]

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:56:47 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Frerichs
<afrerich [at] yahoo> wrote:

> The connection was refused when attempting to connect to
> dijkstra.csh.rit.edu:8088

These ones work for me:

# mythtv repository:
deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv
deb-src http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

- Ben

--
A: Because it destroys the flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting dumb?

afrerich at yahoo

Oct 14, 2004, 8:54 PM

Re: Re: Debian Packages [In reply to]

Thanks, for some reason, my sources like had the port number in it as
"8088". There must have been a change that I missed along the line.
I've been using the mythtv debian packages since the 0.7 or 0.8
release. Big thanks to Matt Zimmerman, by the way. Apt updates just
fine now, but the link under Precompiled Packages on the mythtv.org
web-site is still broken.
Aaron

--- Ben Holt <beanjammin [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:56:47 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Frerichs
> <afrerich [at] yahoo> wrote:
>
> > The connection was refused when attempting to connect to
> > dijkstra.csh.rit.edu:8088
>
> These ones work for me:
>
> # mythtv repository:
> deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv
> deb-src http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv
> deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
>
> - Ben
>
> --
> A: Because it destroys the flow of conversation.
> Q: Why is top posting dumb?
http://mail.yahoo.com

josu.lazkano at gmail

Jun 13, 2012, 12:07 AM

Re: debian packages [In reply to]

2012/6/13 Thomas Mashos <thomas [at] mashos>:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM, George Nassas <gnassas [at] mac> wrote:
>> On 2012-06-12, at 2:20 PM, Mark wrote:
>>
>> deb-multimedia packages don't always play nice with debian main packages.
>>  I've had the vlc issue in the past, and had to uninstall some
>> deb-multimedia packages to get it back.
>>

>> Interesting. That site has always been good to me but I only use it for myth
>> and the box doesn't do anything else.
>>
>> So I take it *nobody* uses the deb scripts from myth's git repository? Hmph.
>> I think I'll set up a virtual machine and give them a go.
>>
>> - George

> The deb packages in the git mythtv repository are maintained by the
> Mythbuntu team and used in our building process for the Ubuntu
> repositories and for the daily builds. AFAIK, there was some testing
> and fixing done on it as well for debian.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas Mashos

It will be great to have daily builds for Debian packages.

I am actually using deb-multimedia repository, but sometimes I need
newer versions to test it.

Kind regards.

--
Josu Lazkano