Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500 LNA Problems

linux at finalfiler

Oct 18, 2009, 8:09 PM

Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500 LNA Problems

I'm trying to set up a new install using MythTV 0.22 RC1 & MythBuntu
9.10 utilizing the same hardware driving a working 9.04 system. The
tuner card is a Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500

I definitely need to have the LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) turned on to get
sufficient signal for a lock. The following did the trick under
MythBuntu 9.04

In /etc/modprobe.d/options add:
options dvb_usb_dib0700 force_lna_activation=1
and then
sudo modprobe dvb_usb_dib0700

This didn't work on the new install. I then changed
/etc/modprobe.d/options to /etc/modprobe.d/options.conf as suggested by
the modprobe warning.

Again, no luck.

Can anyone help?

--
The GuiGuy

,-._|\
/ Oz \
\_,--._/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
They are not a nation of snobs like the English or of extravagant
boasters like the Americans or of reckless profligates like the French,
they are simply a nation of drunkards
(Marcus Clark - Englishman)

--
The GuiGuy

,-._|\
/ Oz \
\_,--._/

linux at finalfiler

Oct 18, 2009, 10:45 PM

Re: Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500 LNA Problems [In reply to]

The GUIGuy wrote:

> In /etc/modprobe.d/options add:
> options dvb_usb_dib0700 force_lna_activation=1
> and then
> sudo modprobe dvb_usb_dib0700
>

> This didn't work on the new install. I then changed
> /etc/modprobe.d/options to /etc/modprobe.d/options.conf as suggested by
> the modprobe warning.

Nevermind, it seems to have resolved itself after I did a cold reboot.

--
The GuiGuy

,-._|\
/ Oz \
\_,--._/

richard.e.morton at gmail

Oct 19, 2009, 1:06 AM

Re: Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500 LNA Problems [In reply to]

I find that the novat500board I have locks uip from time to time usually on
a warm reboot and a complete shutdown including removing the power cable
fixes it everytime,
.

Please excuse brevity and mistakes, this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Morton