Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster

scott.pleavin at rogers

Dec 4, 2007, 6:32 AM

Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster

Has anyone had success getting the Pinnacle MCE Remote with ir blaster
to work with Mythtv?

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Vista+Companion/Pinnacle+Remote+Kit+for+Windows+Media+Center

Scott
Attachments: scott_pleavin.vcf (0.24 KB)

mythtv at tedde

Dec 4, 2007, 9:18 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

Scott Pleavin skrev:
> Has anyone had success getting the Pinnacle MCE Remote with ir blaster
> to work with Mythtv?
>

> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Vista+Companion/Pinnacle+Remote+Kit+for+Windows+Media+Center
>

> Scott

The remote looks very much like the MCE remote bundled with recent
Hauppauge cards (i.e. the MCE kits). If it is indeed the same it works
with the most recent lirc drivers (e.g. from cvs) .see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote

Please update the wiki if you buy it...regardless of result.

Fredrik

memmott at gmail

Dec 8, 2007, 1:57 PM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

On Dec 4, 2007 12:18 PM, Fredrik Hallgarde <mythtv [at] tedde> wrote:

> Scott Pleavin skrev:
> > Has anyone had success getting the Pinnacle MCE Remote with ir blaster
> > to work with Mythtv?
> >

> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Vista+Companion/Pinnacle+Remote+Kit+for+Windows+Media+Center
> >

> > Scott
> >

> The remote looks very much like the MCE remote bundled with recent
> Hauppauge cards (i.e. the MCE kits). If it is indeed the same it works
> with the most recent lirc drivers (e.g. from cvs) .see
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote
>
> Please update the wiki if you buy it...regardless of result.
>
> Fredrik

I've never seen a combined blaster / receiver. Do they work well? I guess
it sits in front of the cable box and feeds the PC via USB? I'm tempted to
pick up this kit as I need an IR blaster, but I'm nervous if nobody's used
it with Myth yet.

steve at priorityelectronics

Dec 8, 2007, 3:08 PM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

Scott Pleavin skrev:

> Has anyone had success getting the Pinnacle MCE Remote with ir blaster
> to work with Mythtv?

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tun
ers/PCTV+Vista+Companion/Pinnacle+Remote+Kit+for+Windows+Media+Center

> Scott

The remote looks very much like the MCE remote bundled with recent
Hauppauge cards (i.e. the MCE kits). If it is indeed the same it works
with the most recent lirc drivers (e.g. from cvs) .see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote

Please update the wiki if you buy it...regardless of result.

Fredrik

I've never seen a combined blaster / receiver. Do they work well? I guess
it sits in front of the cable box and feeds the PC via USB? I'm tempted to
pick up this kit as I need an IR blaster, but I'm nervous if nobody's used
it with Myth yet.

My happague pvr-500 came with a usb receiver which has 2 blaster ports on
it. Works great!!! Simple to setup in ubuntu 7.04
-Steve

scott.pleavin at rogers

Dec 9, 2007, 5:41 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

I haven't been able to make it work. I see in this forum
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=388728&highlight=lirc&page=3
where someone did get it to work.

Scott

Matt Emmott wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007 12:18 PM, Fredrik Hallgarde <mythtv [at] tedde
> <mailto:mythtv [at] tedde>> wrote:
>
> Scott Pleavin skrev:
> > Has anyone had success getting the Pinnacle MCE Remote with ir
> blaster
> > to work with Mythtv?
> >

> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Vista+Companion/Pinnacle+Remote+Kit+for+Windows+Media+Center
> >

> > Scott

> The remote looks very much like the MCE remote bundled with recent
> Hauppauge cards (i.e. the MCE kits). If it is indeed the same it works
> with the most recent lirc drivers (e.g. from cvs) .see
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote
>
> Please update the wiki if you buy it...regardless of result.
>
> Fredrik
>

> I've never seen a combined blaster / receiver. Do they work well? I
> guess it sits in front of the cable box and feeds the PC via USB? I'm
> tempted to pick up this kit as I need an IR blaster, but I'm nervous
> if nobody's used it with Myth yet.

Attachments: scott_pleavin.vcf (0.24 KB)

mythtv at tedde

Dec 10, 2007, 5:02 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

Scott Pleavin skrev:
> I haven't been able to make it work. I see in this forum
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=388728&highlight=lirc&page=3
> where someone did get it to work.
>
> Scott
>
> Matt Emmott wrote:
>>

>> On Dec 4, 2007 12:18 PM, Fredrik Hallgarde <mythtv [at] tedde
>> <mailto:mythtv [at] tedde>> wrote:
>>
>> Scott Pleavin skrev:
>> > Has anyone had success getting the Pinnacle MCE Remote with ir
>> blaster
>> > to work with Mythtv?
>> >

>> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Vista+Companion/Pinnacle+Remote+Kit+for+Windows+Media+Center
>>

>> > Scott

>> The remote looks very much like the MCE remote bundled with recent
>> Hauppauge cards (i.e. the MCE kits). If it is indeed the same it
>> works
>> with the most recent lirc drivers (e.g. from cvs) .see
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote
>>
>> Please update the wiki if you buy it...regardless of result.
>>
>> Fredrik
>>

>> I've never seen a combined blaster / receiver. Do they work well? I
>> guess it sits in front of the cable box and feeds the PC via USB? I'm
>> tempted to pick up this kit as I need an IR blaster, but I'm nervous
>> if nobody's used it with Myth yet.

It should work for you assuming your USB id for the device is the same
2304:0225 (check using lsusb).
Based on that thread you have to get the latest LIRC version AND patch
it further:
in the lirc_mceusb2.c file add these lines (line numbers are approximate):

at line 133:

#define VENDOR_PINNACLE 0x2304

at line 175:

{ USB_DEVICE(VENDOR_PINNACLE, 0x0225) }, /* Pinnacle Systems, Inc. PCTV Remote USB RC6 */

at line 460:

case 0x90:

after adding these, configure and recompile LIRC. (make sure you use the
newly compiled lircd, typically /usr/local/sbin/lircd)
try it out using:
in one terminal:

service lirc stop
/usr/local/sbin/lircd -n

in another terminal:
ls /dev/lir*
irw

let us know what that gives you.

Fredrik

ps. Do not top post.

scott.pleavin at rogers

Dec 10, 2007, 10:34 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

Fredrik Hallgarde wrote:
> Scott Pleavin skrev:
>
>> I haven't been able to make it work. I see in this forum
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=388728&highlight=lirc&page=3
>> where someone did get it to work.
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> Matt Emmott wrote:
>>
>>> On Dec 4, 2007 12:18 PM, Fredrik Hallgarde <mythtv [at] tedde
>>> <mailto:mythtv [at] tedde>> wrote:

>>> blaster
>>> >

>>> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Vista+Companion/Pinnacle+Remote+Kit+for+Windows+Media+Center

>>> The remote looks very much like the MCE remote bundled with recent
>>> Hauppauge cards (i.e. the MCE kits). If it is indeed the same it
>>> works
>>> with the most recent lirc drivers (e.g. from cvs) .see
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote
>>>
>>> Please update the wiki if you buy it...regardless of result.
>>>
>>> Fredrik
>>>

>>> I've never seen a combined blaster / receiver. Do they work well? I
>>> guess it sits in front of the cable box and feeds the PC via USB? I'm
>>> tempted to pick up this kit as I need an IR blaster, but I'm nervous
>>> if nobody's used it with Myth yet.

> It should work for you assuming your USB id for the device is the same
> 2304:0225 (check using lsusb).
> Based on that thread you have to get the latest LIRC version AND patch
> it further:
> in the lirc_mceusb2.c file add these lines (line numbers are approximate):
>
> at line 133:
>
> #define VENDOR_PINNACLE 0x2304
>
> at line 175:
>
> { USB_DEVICE(VENDOR_PINNACLE, 0x0225) }, /* Pinnacle Systems, Inc. PCTV Remote USB RC6 */
>

> at line 460:
>
> case 0x90:
>

> after adding these, configure and recompile LIRC. (make sure you use the
> newly compiled lircd, typically /usr/local/sbin/lircd)
> try it out using:
> in one terminal:
>
> service lirc stop
> /usr/local/sbin/lircd -n
>
> in another terminal:
> ls /dev/lir*
> irw
>
> let us know what that gives you.
>
> Fredrik
>
> ps. Do not top post.

> Thanks
This got me a little farther but it still doesn't work. I was able to
get irrecord to complete without the "cannot find gap" error. irw gave
intermittent results, only a couple keys would sometimes work.

I'm wondering if there is a issue with my system. I had a serial
irblaster working on this then when I upgraded to Ubuntu 7.10 and the
latest Mythtv it stopped working. I purchased this USB receiver/blaster
as an alternative. I've just today re-recorded my remote with my serial
ir receiver and I can see with a camera that the codes are being
transmitted but the STB is not responding.
Attachments: scott_pleavin.vcf (0.24 KB)

scott.pleavin at rogers

Dec 10, 2007, 1:16 PM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

Fredrik Hallgarde wrote:
> Scott Pleavin skrev:
>
>> I haven't been able to make it work. I see in this forum
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=388728&highlight=lirc&page=3
>> where someone did get it to work.
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> Matt Emmott wrote:
>>
>>> On Dec 4, 2007 12:18 PM, Fredrik Hallgarde <mythtv [at] tedde
>>> <mailto:mythtv [at] tedde>> wrote:

>>> blaster
>>> >

>>> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Vista+Companion/Pinnacle+Remote+Kit+for+Windows+Media+Center

>>> The remote looks very much like the MCE remote bundled with recent
>>> Hauppauge cards (i.e. the MCE kits). If it is indeed the same it
>>> works
>>> with the most recent lirc drivers (e.g. from cvs) .see
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote
>>>
>>> Please update the wiki if you buy it...regardless of result.
>>>
>>> Fredrik
>>>

>>> I've never seen a combined blaster / receiver. Do they work well? I
>>> guess it sits in front of the cable box and feeds the PC via USB? I'm
>>> tempted to pick up this kit as I need an IR blaster, but I'm nervous
>>> if nobody's used it with Myth yet.

> It should work for you assuming your USB id for the device is the same
> 2304:0225 (check using lsusb).
> Based on that thread you have to get the latest LIRC version AND patch
> it further:
> in the lirc_mceusb2.c file add these lines (line numbers are approximate):
>
> at line 133:
>
> #define VENDOR_PINNACLE 0x2304
>
> at line 175:
>
> { USB_DEVICE(VENDOR_PINNACLE, 0x0225) }, /* Pinnacle Systems, Inc. PCTV Remote USB RC6 */
>

> at line 460:
>
> case 0x90:
>

> after adding these, configure and recompile LIRC. (make sure you use the
> newly compiled lircd, typically /usr/local/sbin/lircd)
> try it out using:
> in one terminal:
>
> service lirc stop
> /usr/local/sbin/lircd -n
>
> in another terminal:
> ls /dev/lir*
> irw
>
> let us know what that gives you.
>
> Fredrik
>
> ps. Do not top post.

fyi

Just put it on an older laptop that I have with Ubuntu 7.10 and it works.

Scott
Attachments: scott_pleavin.vcf (0.24 KB)

mythtv at tedde

Dec 11, 2007, 6:44 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

Scott Pleavin skrev:

> Fredrik Hallgarde wrote:
>> Scott Pleavin skrev:
>>
>>> I haven't been able to make it work. I see in this forum
>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=388728&highlight=lirc&page=3
>>> where someone did get it to work.
>>>
>>> Scott

>> It should work for you assuming your USB id for the device is the
>> same 2304:0225 (check using lsusb).
>> Based on that thread you have to get the latest LIRC version AND
>> patch it further:
>> in the lirc_mceusb2.c file add these lines (line numbers are
>> approximate):
>>
>> at line 133:
>>
>> #define VENDOR_PINNACLE 0x2304
>>
>> at line 175:
>>
>> { USB_DEVICE(VENDOR_PINNACLE, 0x0225) }, /* Pinnacle Systems, Inc.
>> PCTV Remote USB RC6 */
>>

>> at line 460:
>>
>> case 0x90:
>>

>> after adding these, configure and recompile LIRC. (make sure you use
>> the newly compiled lircd, typically /usr/local/sbin/lircd)
>> try it out using:
>> in one terminal:
>>
>> service lirc stop
>> /usr/local/sbin/lircd -n
>>
>> in another terminal:
>> ls /dev/lir*
>> irw
>>
>> let us know what that gives you.
>>
>> Fredrik
>>
>> ps. Do not top post.

> fyi
>
> Just put it on an older laptop that I have with Ubuntu 7.10 and it works.
>
> Scott
I bet a proper patch to the lirc driver would be appreciated by the LIRC
project.

Fredrik

jedi at mishnet

Dec 11, 2007, 7:48 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

> Scott Pleavin skrev:
>>

>> Fredrik Hallgarde wrote:

[deletia]

>> fyi
>>
>> Just put it on an older laptop that I have with Ubuntu 7.10 and it
>> works.
>>
>> Scott
> I bet a proper patch to the lirc driver would be appreciated by the LIRC
> project.

What makes you think some sort of patch is the issue? Gutsy is just
a very new version of a distro that's intention is to automate stuff
like this so it isn't gnarly anymore.

This is probably just good packaging. LIRC has always been really
bad when it comes to packaging.

The PVR150 MCE transceiver worked automagically on Ubuntu 7.10
once I plugged it in and rebooted the system. I had setup LIRC but
I had set it up for another IR blaster. Everything "just worked"
when I plugged in the MCE tranceiver.

Although I did have to tweak my lircrc files. I had mine setup
for another brand of remote and there were not consistent button
naming between the two (things like 1 vs. one ).

scott.pleavin at rogers

Dec 11, 2007, 9:31 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

jedi [at] mishnet wrote:
>> Scott Pleavin skrev:

> [deletia]
>

>>> fyi
>>>
>>> Just put it on an older laptop that I have with Ubuntu 7.10 and it
>>> works.
>>>
>>> Scott
>>>
>> I bet a proper patch to the lirc driver would be appreciated by the LIRC
>> project.
>>

> What makes you think some sort of patch is the issue? Gutsy is just
> a very new version of a distro that's intention is to automate stuff
> like this so it isn't gnarly anymore.
>
> This is probably just good packaging. LIRC has always been really
> bad when it comes to packaging.
>
> The PVR150 MCE transceiver worked automagically on Ubuntu 7.10
> once I plugged it in and rebooted the system. I had setup LIRC but
> I had set it up for another IR blaster. Everything "just worked"
> when I plugged in the MCE tranceiver.
>
> Although I did have to tweak my lircrc files. I had mine setup
> for another brand of remote and there were not consistent button
> naming between the two (things like 1 vs. one ).

Need to identify the problem first.

two machines running Gutsy. Old notebook, Intel based, USB 1 interface
and the remote works. The other a AMD 6000+, USB 2 interface and the
remote doesn't work. The output from mode2 on the notebook looks
reasonable, the mode2 output on the new machine is grossly different.
Attachments: scott_pleavin.vcf (0.24 KB)

jedi at mishnet

Dec 11, 2007, 9:51 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

> jedi [at] mishnet wrote:

>> [deletia]

>>> I bet a proper patch to the lirc driver would be appreciated by the
>>> LIRC
>>> project.
>>>

>> What makes you think some sort of patch is the issue? Gutsy is just
>> a very new version of a distro that's intention is to automate stuff
>> like this so it isn't gnarly anymore.
>>
>> This is probably just good packaging. LIRC has always been really
>> bad when it comes to packaging.
>>
>> The PVR150 MCE transceiver worked automagically on Ubuntu 7.10
>> once I plugged it in and rebooted the system. I had setup LIRC but
>> I had set it up for another IR blaster. Everything "just worked"
>> when I plugged in the MCE tranceiver.
>>
>> Although I did have to tweak my lircrc files. I had mine setup
>> for another brand of remote and there were not consistent button
>> naming between the two (things like 1 vs. one ).

> Need to identify the problem first.
>
> two machines running Gutsy. Old notebook, Intel based, USB 1 interface
> and the remote works. The other a AMD 6000+, USB 2 interface and the
> remote doesn't work. The output from mode2 on the notebook looks
> reasonable, the mode2 output on the new machine is grossly different.

What have you done to confirm that the USB interface on the
newer machine works at all?

mythtv at tedde

Dec 11, 2007, 9:51 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

Scott Pleavin skrev:

> jedi [at] mishnet wrote:

>> [deletia]

>>> I bet a proper patch to the lirc driver would be appreciated by the
>>> LIRC
>>> project.
>>>

>> What makes you think some sort of patch is the issue? Gutsy is just
>> a very new version of a distro that's intention is to automate stuff
>> like this so it isn't gnarly anymore.
>>
>> This is probably just good packaging. LIRC has always been really
>> bad when it comes to packaging.
>>
>> The PVR150 MCE transceiver worked automagically on Ubuntu 7.10
>> once I plugged it in and rebooted the system. I had setup LIRC but
>> I had set it up for another IR blaster. Everything "just worked"
>> when I plugged in the MCE tranceiver.
>>
>> Although I did have to tweak my lircrc files. I had mine setup
>> for another brand of remote and there were not consistent button
>> naming between the two (things like 1 vs. one ).

> Need to identify the problem first.
>
> two machines running Gutsy. Old notebook, Intel based, USB 1 interface
> and the remote works. The other a AMD 6000+, USB 2 interface and the
> remote doesn't work. The output from mode2 on the notebook looks
> reasonable, the mode2 output on the new machine is grossly different.

I agree with Scott that before any patch is submitted to LIRC or
elsewhere we need to identify the problem.

My understanding was that Scott was able to use the pinnacle remote in
the laptop AFTER patching the driver.
If it worked in 7.10 on the laptop without patching the driver then I
misunderstood.

Scott, did you have to patch the driver on the laptop or did the
Pinnacle remote "just work"?

Fredrik

scott.pleavin at rogers

Dec 11, 2007, 10:13 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

jedi [at] mishnet wrote:

>>> [deletia]

>>> What makes you think some sort of patch is the issue? Gutsy is just
>>> a very new version of a distro that's intention is to automate stuff
>>> like this so it isn't gnarly anymore.
>>>
>>> This is probably just good packaging. LIRC has always been really
>>> bad when it comes to packaging.
>>>
>>> The PVR150 MCE transceiver worked automagically on Ubuntu 7.10
>>> once I plugged it in and rebooted the system. I had setup LIRC but
>>> I had set it up for another IR blaster. Everything "just worked"
>>> when I plugged in the MCE tranceiver.
>>>
>>> Although I did have to tweak my lircrc files. I had mine setup
>>> for another brand of remote and there were not consistent button
>>> naming between the two (things like 1 vs. one ).

>> Need to identify the problem first.
>>
>> two machines running Gutsy. Old notebook, Intel based, USB 1 interface
>> and the remote works. The other a AMD 6000+, USB 2 interface and the
>> remote doesn't work. The output from mode2 on the notebook looks
>> reasonable, the mode2 output on the new machine is grossly different.
>>

> What have you done to confirm that the USB interface on the
> newer machine works at all?

I have multiple USB interfaces and have tried different ports. I also
have 2 other USB devices plugged in and they work.
Attachments: scott_pleavin.vcf (0.24 KB)

scott.pleavin at rogers

Dec 11, 2007, 10:16 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

Fredrik Hallgarde wrote:
> Scott Pleavin skrev:

>>> [deletia]

>>> What makes you think some sort of patch is the issue? Gutsy is just
>>> a very new version of a distro that's intention is to automate stuff
>>> like this so it isn't gnarly anymore.
>>>
>>> This is probably just good packaging. LIRC has always been really
>>> bad when it comes to packaging.
>>>
>>> The PVR150 MCE transceiver worked automagically on Ubuntu 7.10
>>> once I plugged it in and rebooted the system. I had setup LIRC but
>>> I had set it up for another IR blaster. Everything "just worked"
>>> when I plugged in the MCE tranceiver.
>>>
>>> Although I did have to tweak my lircrc files. I had mine setup
>>> for another brand of remote and there were not consistent button
>>> naming between the two (things like 1 vs. one ).

>> Need to identify the problem first.
>>
>> two machines running Gutsy. Old notebook, Intel based, USB 1 interface
>> and the remote works. The other a AMD 6000+, USB 2 interface and the
>> remote doesn't work. The output from mode2 on the notebook looks
>> reasonable, the mode2 output on the new machine is grossly different.
>>

> I agree with Scott that before any patch is submitted to LIRC or
> elsewhere we need to identify the problem.
>
> My understanding was that Scott was able to use the pinnacle remote in
> the laptop AFTER patching the driver.
> If it worked in 7.10 on the laptop without patching the driver then I
> misunderstood.
>
> Scott, did you have to patch the driver on the laptop or did the
> Pinnacle remote "just work"?
>
> Fredrik

I applied the same change to lirc_mceusb2.c on both machines and
recompiled. The change is:

in the lirc_mceusb2.c file add these lines (line numbers are approximate):

at line 133:

#define VENDOR_PINNACLE 0x2304

at line 175:

{ USB_DEVICE(VENDOR_PINNACLE, 0x0225) }, /* Pinnacle Systems, Inc. PCTV Remote USB RC6 */

at line 460:

case 0x90:
Attachments: scott_pleavin.vcf (0.24 KB)

memmott at gmail

Dec 11, 2007, 11:50 AM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

On Dec 11, 2007 1:16 PM, Scott Pleavin <scott.pleavin [at] rogers> wrote:

> <snip>
Is anybody succesfully using the IR blaster component of this? I just
ordered one from irblaster.info that hasn't arrived yet, but if the Pinnacle
kit offers a nice easy all-in-one solution I'd rather go with this.

mythtv at tedde

Dec 11, 2007, 12:11 PM

Re: Pinnacle Remote Kit MCE USB with ir Blaster [In reply to]

Matt Emmott skrev:

> On Dec 11, 2007 1:16 PM, Scott Pleavin <scott.pleavin [at] rogers
> <mailto:scott.pleavin [at] rogers>> wrote:
>

> <snip>
> Is anybody succesfully using the IR blaster component of this? I just
> ordered one from irblaster.info <http://irblaster.info> that hasn't
> arrived yet, but if the Pinnacle kit offers a nice easy all-in-one
> solution I'd rather go with this.

I would guess so. The ir blaster component of the lirc_mceusb2 remote I
have (a Hauppauge MCE bundled SMK) work and I would be surprised if this
remote is different based on the fact that the stated patch makes it
work. But I guess testing is the only way to make sure.

Fredrik