Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Feature Request

berndtr at manateeglens

Jun 20, 2003, 11:35 AM

Feature Request

I'd like to request a feature where I can edit the theme and setup buttons
to run shell scripts. I own a home automation kit (X10.com) where i can
control lights and appliances from a remote and/or a PC. Or if someone would
like to assist in creating a module that would access a serial port for the
HA kit.

Just an idea.

-Rich

caputo at qedinfo

Jun 20, 2003, 1:00 PM

RE: Feature Request [In reply to]

You can already do this. Just fire up your favorite text editor and edit
the menu XML files in /usr/local/share/mythtv. You can add new buttons and
entire menu screens, and can EXEC any executable.

-JAC

mayfield at mc702

Jun 25, 2003, 5:21 PM

Re: Feature Request [In reply to]

I'm working with a company to do exactly this. We are looking at using
mr house as the backend, and maybe just rebuilding the UI for myth;
Also there is a project on source forge that just gives a device driver
to each X10 device and we could just leverage off that.

Thoughts,

JM