1. Is anybody interested in something like this besides myself?
2. Is anyone else working on something similar?
3. My plan is to seed the list with the imdb database and go from
there. Does anyone have any other ideas or concerns?

(insert hornet's nest here)

Cheers,
Aaron

spin at avalon

Re: Recommendations service? [In reply to]

It's interesting that you would mention this... I was talking to a
friend about MythTV vs. Tivo the other day and one of the things he
thought he would *like* is the suggested recordings thing that Tivo
does. It blew my mind to think someone might actually want that... then
I started thinking that if it was based on user feedback on what they
liked with no agenda and no attempt to sell that info as marketing data,
it might not be a bad thing to have.

Just 2 useless cents, anyway good luck!