Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

MythAlarm Requirements

jamison_wilde at yahoo

MythAlarm Requirements

So here's my updated list of requirements for
MythAlarm. I'm a developer, so I will take a stab at
this, but I haven't done any dev with MythTv before,
so I may look to the #mythtv dev group for
help/advice.

* Support for multiple recurring alarms. Ex. Go off
every day/weekday/weekend day/sunday. Go off at
8am(nice mp3) & 9am(WTF up mp3).

* Support for single alarms, along with override/temp
disable of other alarms feature. Ex. I need to go to
the doctor tomorrow, so set the alarm for a diff time
than normal. Recurring alarm will kick back in the
next day.

* Support for a 'nap alarm', by pressing a couple of
buttons, you can set the alarm to wake you up in a
couple of hours, half hour or whatever.

* Allow disabling of alarms without deleting. (Going
on vacation for a week.)

* Support remote control snooze (configurable snooze
time in minutes). Set alarms from remote control.

* LIRC support to turn on TV/Audio equipment, and to
turn the volume up. Allow progressive volumes, such
as low volume for first minute of the alarm, medium
the next, high the next. Allow to configure how long
volume down needs to be transmitted to mute the sound,
and how long volume up needs to be transmitted to turn
volume up fully.

* Support for MythMusic enabled formats for audio
alarm. (Need to explore playlist options, etc.)

* Support for LiveTV or Playback from MythTV. (Wake up
to live Today's Jane Pauley, or playback Naughty
Nymphos 30 :-)

* On screen display of MythWeather at wake up, if an
audio alarm is chosen.

* Conflict resolution with scheduled recording (both
alarm was created, and after alarm is created when a
new recording is scheduled; may require hooks in
MythTV?). Allow an audio override that will play even
if a scheduled recording is active.

Does this seem fairly complete?

I'll move this to the dev list once I get feedback.

Jamison

http://tax.yahoo.com

iwhite at victoria

Sep 11, 2003, 3:57 PM

Re: MythAlarm Requirements [In reply to]

Did anything ever come of this discussion?

Ian