Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

I can't watch TV

juraj.pisarcik at vvexpert

Feb 26, 2003, 8:03 AM

I can't watch TV

MythTV always crash when I start TV/Watch TV. It's only this message
displayed:

Connection timed out.

TV card is working fine in xawtv. Can you help me?

erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot

Feb 26, 2003, 8:10 AM

Re: I can't watch TV [In reply to]

At 26-2-03 16:03, Juraj Pisarcik wrote:
>MythTV always crash when I start TV/Watch TV. It's only this message
>displayed:
>
>Connection timed out.
>
>TV card is working fine in xawtv. Can you help me?

Probably can't find the backend.
Did you try 0.7 first? Did you read the documentation? Look it it for
backend IP settings.

Erik

ijr at po

Feb 26, 2003, 8:12 AM

Re: I can't watch TV [In reply to]

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 10:03 am, Juraj Pisarcik wrote:
> MythTV always crash when I start TV/Watch TV. It's only this message
> displayed:
>
> Connection timed out.
>
> TV card is working fine in xawtv. Can you help me?

You didn't read the docs:

Isaac

mythtv-users at penguinpalace

Feb 26, 2003, 8:23 AM

Re: I can't watch TV [In reply to]

make sure that the serverIP address is correct in the
backend_settings.txt file
(/usr/local/share/mythtv)

::Paul

Juraj Pisarcik wrote:

> MythTV always crash when I start TV/Watch TV. It's only this message
> displayed:
>
> Connection timed out.
>
> TV card is working fine in xawtv. Can you help me?

juraj.pisarcik at vvexpert

Feb 26, 2003, 8:38 AM

Re: I can't watch TV [In reply to]

Thanks, it was the IP address in backend_settings.txt file.