Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Warning about FAT32

jeff at cloud9

Feb 22, 2003, 5:46 PM

Warning about FAT32

I doubt many will encounter this, posting as a reference in case...

My myth box is a dual-boot system (debian/win2k). When I set it up I
used a huge FAT32 partition for myth, mp3s, and movies I have, the logic
being it would be nice to have my media available to both operating
systems.

Myth crashed twice today and I noticed a message saying the maximum file
size had been reached, in both cases the .nuv file was exactly 2GB in
size. Turns out that FAT32 can't have files larger than 2GB (at least
with the formatter I used).

Oh well, it will feel good remove all M$ crap off that box :)

--jm