Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Mythweb and Flash

kingmoffa at gmail

Mar 7, 2006, 8:03 AM

Mythweb and Flash

Ello ,

I've been following the steps from this guide:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Stream_mythtv_recordings_from_mythweb_using_flash_video

But not actually managed to get it working (forget step 3 , deleting the
files). Step 1 i think I have.
Step 2

I have downloaded the flash player , and placed it in my mythweb/data/
directory. Gave apache ownership and chmod'd it to 0777 for good measure.
I've edited the recorded.php mythweb file as needed.

When I click the thumbnail a new browser window launches with
'connecting....' (looking like a flash page with the right click context
menu showing all the usual flash stuff). It just sits there and does
nothing. I think the problem lies with the FLV player and I have no
experience or much knowledge of it.

The files have encoded fine as I can play them in mplayer.

Any suggestions? The url for the popup looks correct. The file argument
being appropriate for the web server not the client.

Thanks

nmarkon at gmail

Mar 7, 2006, 11:10 AM

Re: Mythweb and Flash [In reply to]

On 3/7/06, Adam Skinner <kingmoffa [at] gmail> wrote:
> Ello ,
>
> I've been following the steps from this guide:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Stream_mythtv_recordings_from_mythweb_using_flash_video
>
> But not actually managed to get it working (forget step 3 , deleting the
> files). Step 1 i think I have.
> Step 2
>
> I have downloaded the flash player , and placed it in my mythweb/data/
> directory. Gave apache ownership and chmod'd it to 0777 for good measure.
> I've edited the recorded.php mythweb file as needed.
>
> When I click the thumbnail a new browser window launches with
> 'connecting....' (looking like a flash page with the right click context
> menu showing all the usual flash stuff). It just sits there and does
> nothing. I think the problem lies with the FLV player and I have no
> experience or much knowledge of it.
>
> The files have encoded fine as I can play them in mplayer.
>
> Any suggestions? The url for the popup looks correct. The file argument
> being appropriate for the web server not the client.
>
> Thanks

Well.. I thought this was a cool idea so I thought i'd give it a try.

I had the same problem as you. However, some how I got it to work
however I'm using this :

http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Flash+Video+Player

It's acting very goofy... I'm not sure if it will work every time..

majordomo at permutation

Mar 9, 2006, 11:37 AM

Re: Mythweb and Flash [In reply to]

Was having the same problem Adam reported and Noah's fix did it for me
as well. Thanks Noah!

Jason

Noah Markon wrote:
> On 3/7/06, Adam Skinner <kingmoffa [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> Ello ,
>>
>> I've been following the steps from this guide:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Stream_mythtv_recordings_from_mythweb_using_flash_video
>>
>> But not actually managed to get it working (forget step 3 , deleting the
>> files). Step 1 i think I have.
>> Step 2
>>
>> I have downloaded the flash player , and placed it in my mythweb/data/
>> directory. Gave apache ownership and chmod'd it to 0777 for good measure.
>> I've edited the recorded.php mythweb file as needed.
>>
>> When I click the thumbnail a new browser window launches with
>> 'connecting....' (looking like a flash page with the right click context
>> menu showing all the usual flash stuff). It just sits there and does
>> nothing. I think the problem lies with the FLV player and I have no
>> experience or much knowledge of it.
>>
>> The files have encoded fine as I can play them in mplayer.
>>
>> Any suggestions? The url for the popup looks correct. The file argument
>> being appropriate for the web server not the client.
>>
>> Thanks

> Well.. I thought this was a cool idea so I thought i'd give it a try.
>
> I had the same problem as you. However, some how I got it to work
> however I'm using this :
>
> http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Flash+Video+Player
>

> It's acting very goofy... I'm not sure if it will work every time..

Attachments: smime.p7s (3.34 KB)