Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Translators

Couple of questions about .25 strings

 

 

MythTV translators RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


ikke at iki

Mar 14, 2012, 12:09 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1388 views)
Permalink
Couple of questions about .25 strings

Hi,

I run into some weird English strings while doing the Finnish
translation. Any ideas about the following meanings:

1. what do you think this note means:

"Enter the IP address of this machine. Use an externally accessible
address (ie, not 127.0.0.1) if you are going to be running a frontend
on a different machine than this one. Note, in IPv6 setups, this is
still required for certain extras such as UPnP."

What is "still required"? Local address or IP setting in general?

2. What are the "The Video video manager/browser/listing/gallery etc..."?

Is that double video a mistake, or why is it in double?
programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp +1338

3. what are the services in htmlstrings

I don't get what is the meaning of word service in "Video Library
Service", "Myth Service", "Guide Service" etc... e.g. in
html/htmlstrings.h +64

Is that a service as "car service", a menu where you fix settings, or
a service as provided to users over net or something?

I'm asking these as I don't have .25 installed yet and I'm translating
just the source without chance to see it in action. Please answer if
you know the meaning of the strings. Still 550 strings to go,
ughhhh....

- ikke
_______________________________________________
Mythtv-translators mailing list
Mythtv-translators [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-translators


knight at teksavvy

Mar 14, 2012, 5:14 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1320 views)
Permalink
Re: Couple of questions about .25 strings [In reply to]

Hi!

On 3/14/2012 3:09 PM, ikke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run into some weird English strings while doing the Finnish
> translation. Any ideas about the following meanings:

(-;

>
> 1. what do you think this note means:
>
> "Enter the IP address of this machine. Use an externally accessible
> address (ie, not 127.0.0.1) if you are going to be running a frontend
> on a different machine than this one. Note, in IPv6 setups, this is
> still required for certain extras such as UPnP."
>
> What is "still required"? Local address or IP setting in general?

I'll get back to you on this, I'm not sure myself...

>
> 2. What are the "The Video video manager/browser/listing/gallery etc..."?
>
> Is that double video a mistake, or why is it in double?
> programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp +1338

AFAIK that's because MythVideo was renamed to Video when it was merged
into core (ie it's no longer a separate) module. I had notice a few
capitalized Video but wasn't concerned that much since in English they
capitalize a lot more than in other languages but I hadn't noticed those
"Video video", I'll fix these tonight...

>
> 3. what are the services in htmlstrings

You mean the HtmlUI context? HtmlStrings.h (IIRC) is the file which is
used by lupdate to add these strings so they can be translated.

Once translate these if you really want to as they are part of the web
setup which will not be accessible in 0.25 as it is not complete...

> I don't get what is the meaning of word service in "Video Library
> Service", "Myth Service", "Guide Service" etc... e.g. in
> html/htmlstrings.h +64

OK, you really mean the file... The themestrings.h and htmlstrings.h
files are used to add new strings which either come from themes
(themestrings.h) or the web setup (htmlstrings.h) because lupdate can
only extract strings which appear to be part of source code (which
neither the themes nor the web setup files (qsp I think) are).

> Is that a service as "car service", a menu where you fix settings, or
> a service as provided to users over net or something?

Web services...

re: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Services_API

There are the new web services which were added in 0.25...

> I'm asking these as I don't have .25 installed yet and I'm translating
> just the source without chance to see it in action. Please answer if
> you know the meaning of the strings. Still 550 strings to go,
> ughhhh....

If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask...

Have a nice day!

Nicolas
_______________________________________________
Mythtv-translators mailing list
Mythtv-translators [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-translators


knight at teksavvy

Mar 14, 2012, 5:49 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1315 views)
Permalink
Re: Couple of questions about .25 strings [In reply to]

Hi!

On 3/14/2012 3:09 PM, ikke wrote:
> "Enter the IP address of this machine. Use an externally accessible
> address (ie, not 127.0.0.1) if you are going to be running a frontend
> on a different machine than this one. Note, in IPv6 setups, this is
> still required for certain extras such as UPnP."
>
> What is "still required"? Local address or IP setting in general?

OK, I was able to "talk" to the dev who worked on this.

UPnP (for example) is an IPV4 only protocol so if you want UPnP (and a
few other things) to work you must still provide an IPV4 address. If you
don't care about UPnP (and the other things that are IPv4 specific) you
don't need to provide an IPv4 address...

Have a nice day!

Nicolas

PS: IPv4 are the old 32-bit IP addresses, IPv6 the new 128-bit ones...
_______________________________________________
Mythtv-translators mailing list
Mythtv-translators [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-translators


knight at teksavvy

Mar 15, 2012, 5:00 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1319 views)
Permalink
Re: Couple of questions about .25 strings [In reply to]

Hi!

On 3/14/2012 8:14 PM, Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
>> 2. What are the "The Video video manager/browser/listing/gallery etc..."?
>>
>> Is that double video a mistake, or why is it in double?
>> programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp +1338

I fixed those yesterday night...

Have a nice day!

Nicolas
_______________________________________________
Mythtv-translators mailing list
Mythtv-translators [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-translators


ikke at iki

Mar 20, 2012, 1:51 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1310 views)
Permalink
Re: Couple of questions about .25 strings [In reply to]

On Mar 15, 2012 2:00 PM, "Nicolas Riendeau" <knight [at] teksavvy> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> On 3/14/2012 8:14 PM, Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> >> 2. What are the "The Video video manager/browser/listing/gallery
etc..."?
> >>
> >> Is that double video a mistake, or why is it in double?
> >> programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp +1338
>
> I fixed those yesterday night...

Thanks!


ikke at iki

Mar 20, 2012, 2:00 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1302 views)
Permalink
Re: Couple of questions about .25 strings [In reply to]

On Mar 15, 2012 2:48 AM, "Nicolas Riendeau" <knight [at] teksavvy> wrote:
> OK, I was able to "talk" to the dev who worked on this.
>
> UPnP (for example) is an IPV4 only protocol so if you want UPnP (and a
> few other things) to work you must still provide an IPV4 address. If you
> don't care about UPnP (and the other things that are IPv4 specific) you
> don't need to provide an IPv4 address...

I only now noticed there is nearby another similar string for ipv6. The
ipv4 should possibly say IPv4 in it also, as the ipv6 is more precise.

"Enter the IP address of this machine. Use an externally accessible address
(ie, not 127.0.0.1) if you are going to be running a frontend on a
different machine than this one. Note, in IPv6 setups, this is still
required for certain extras such as UPnP."

vs.

"Enter the IPv6 address of this machine. Use an externally accessible
address (ie, not ::1) if you are going to be running a frontend on a
different machine than this one."

Also it could perhaps rather say something like: "..., in mixed IPv4 and
IPv6 setups, this is still required for certain IPv4 only extras like UPnP.

Thanks anyway, you cleared it out for me.


knight at teksavvy

Mar 26, 2012, 4:27 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1279 views)
Permalink
Re: Couple of questions about .25 strings [In reply to]

Hi!

Sorry for the delayed reply...

On 3/20/2012 5:00 PM, ikke wrote:
> I only now noticed there is nearby another similar string for ipv6. The
> ipv4 should possibly say IPv4 in it also, as the ipv6 is more precise.

Hmmm, you' right...

> Also it could perhaps rather say something like: "..., in mixed IPv4 and
> IPv6 setups, this is still required for certain IPv4 only extras like UPnP.

Yep, something like that would certainly be clearer...

>
> Thanks anyway, you cleared it out for me.
>

No problem...

Have a nice day!

Nicolas
_______________________________________________
Mythtv-translators mailing list
Mythtv-translators [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-translators

MythTV translators RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.