Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Translators

Language selection of Norweg

MythTV translators RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

knight at teksavvy

Sep 16, 2010, 2:54 PM

Language selection of Norweg

Hi!

> I am addressing this list even if this might be a user error, since it
> is linked to translation.
>
> I just noticed that in Setup->Appearance->Locale, the Norwegian Bokmål
> translation is named "NB" instead of "Norwegian Bokmål", while other
> languages are named by their full name.
>
> Does anyone have a pointer where to look to fix this ? Might it be a
> database/config issue on my end ? Does it qualify for a ticket ?
> Best regards,

I have never investigated that and I don't currently have access to my
repository copy but it sounds like it could come from the ISO 639-1 table
in iso639.cpp (in one of the libs).

(There is a table of language codes to language names there...)

That's definitely where I would look...

If you (or somebody else) haven't found anything by the time I get home
I'll investigate this further...

Good luck!

Nick

rune.evjen at gmail

Sep 26, 2010, 12:40 PM

Language selection of Norweg [In reply to]

2010/9/16 Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com>:
> Hi!
>
>> I am addressing this list even if this might be a user error, since it
>> is linked to translation.
>>
>> I just noticed that in Setup->Appearance->Locale, the Norwegian Bokmål
>> translation is named "NB" instead of "Norwegian Bokmål", while other
>> languages are named by their full name.
>>
>> Does anyone have a pointer where to look to fix this ? Might it be a
>> database/config issue on my end ? Does it qualify for a ticket ?
>> Best regards,
>>

> I have never investigated that and I don't currently have access to my
> repository copy but it sounds like it could come from the ISO 639-1 table
> in iso639.cpp (in one of the libs).
>
> (There is a table of language codes to language names there...)
>
> That's definitely where I would look...
>
> If you (or somebody else) haven't found anything by the time I get home
> I'll investigate this further...
>
> Good luck!

Thanks Nicolas,

the solution from Stuart Morgan to this mailing list solved my
configuration issue.

Rune

knight at teksavvy

Sep 26, 2010, 3:07 PM

Language selection of Norweg [In reply to]

Hi!

On 9/26/2010 3:40 PM, Rune Evjen wrote:
> Thanks Nicolas,
>
> the solution from Stuart Morgan to this mailing list solved my
> configuration issue.

No problem...

I did not investigate it further when I saw Stuart's answer since is
explanation made plenty of sense...

Have a nice day!

Nick

MythTV translators RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded