Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Theming
Re: How to clone a theme in 0.25

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

stuart at tase

Jul 19, 2012, 3:40 AM

Re: How to clone a theme in 0.25 [In reply to]

On Thursday 19 Jul 2012 22:31:03 ajp [at] cantabrian wrote:
> Far as I can tell and I may have missed it, but there isn't any docs on how
> to do this in 0.25, in fact as far as I can tell the only themes you can use
> are ones that are downloaded. This seems a bit.. how to put this..
> unexpected. I say this because if the only way to change themes is by
> downloading from a server on the Internet what happens if the server is
> down or your Myth box does not have internet access - unusual but I am sure
> it must happen.

Nothing has changed at all. It will still load any themes which only exist
locally. You can still 'clone' a theme by copying it to a new directory and
changing the themeinfo.xml.

The only thing different from 0.24 is that you can easily download and install
new themes from within the frontend.
--
Stuart Morgan