Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Theming

0.24 to 0.25 upgrade guide ?

MythTV theming RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

chris at westnet

0.24 to 0.25 upgrade guide ?

Is there a any list of what changes are needed between 0.24 and 0.25 ?

chris at westnet

Re: 0.24 to 0.25 upgrade guide ? [In reply to]

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> Is there a any list of what changes are needed between 0.24 and 0.25 ?

Nothing ? Can anyone who has ported a theme give some pointers of what are
the major differences ?

managementboy at gmail

Re: 0.24 to 0.25 upgrade guide ? [In reply to]

>> Is there a any list of what changes are needed between 0.24 and 0.25 ?
>
> Nothing ? Can anyone who has ported a theme give some pointers of what are
> the major differences ?

Hi Chris,

It's not easy to keep track of what changed as I have added features
as they appeared. Here a quick run down of what I can remember:

- Animations
- Several popups moved from mythvideo to mainline
- Season / Episodes where added
- A Settings Wizard was added
- Search popup was added
- templates changed a bit
- scroll for textareas
- Several changes to how some tags are written
and much more

most of it can be seen as diffs in the Wiki at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki?title=MythUI_Theme_Development&action=historysubmit&diff=54347&oldid=52185

cheers,

elkin

chris at westnet

Re: 0.24 to 0.25 upgrade guide ? [In reply to]

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, Elkin Fricke wrote:

> It's not easy to keep track of what changed as I have added features
> as they appeared. Here a quick run down of what I can remember:
>
> - Animations
> - Several popups moved from mythvideo to mainline
> - Season / Episodes where added
> - A Settings Wizard was added
> - Search popup was added
> - templates changed a bit
> - scroll for textareas
> - Several changes to how some tags are written
> and much more
>
> most of it can be seen as diffs in the Wiki at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki?title=MythUI_Theme_Development&action=historysubmit&diff=54347&oldid=52185

Thanks. I guess I was thinking of the porting document that appeared before
the last big change.I know that someone had written something that I turned
into a perl script that automated a good chunk of the changes.

I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and make a test install !

jppoet at gmail

Re: 0.24 to 0.25 upgrade guide ? [In reply to]

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris [at] westnet> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2012, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
>

>> Is there a any list of what changes are needed between 0.24 and 0.25 ?
>
> Nothing ? Can anyone who has ported a theme give some pointers of what are
> the major differences ?

My theme is new for 0.25, so I didn't have to "port it", which means I
probably don't remember everything, but these have changed (I think)"

<window name="schedulefiltereditor">
<window name="MythSearchListDialog">
<window name="MythTimeInputDialog">
<window name="standbymode">
<window name="editmetadata">
<window name="MythMetadataResults">
<window name="MythArtworkResults">
<window name="osd_debug">
<statetype name="videoprops"><state name="damaged">

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?