Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Theming

Blue-abstract update (Theme competition)

MythTV theming RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

trebor_s at web

Jan 31, 2010, 10:17 AM

Blue-abstract update (Theme competition)

Hello everybody!

A new theme version is out! I have replaced the
status icons in the recording and news screens with better ones. The
keyboard for entering text was also themed. The zoneminder screens are also
ported thanks to Warpme.

I still apply for the competition. The
requirements should be met. You can download the theme at
ftp://miroku.no-ip.com/blue-abstract-wide.2010.01.31.tar.bz2 or see some
screenshots at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Blue_Abstract_Theme .

Best
regards

Robert

robert.mcnamara at gmail

Jan 31, 2010, 12:04 PM

Re: Blue-abstract update (Theme competition) [In reply to]

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:17 AM, <trebor_s [at] web> wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> A new theme version is out! I have replaced the status icons in the
> recording and news screens with better ones. The keyboard for entering text
> was also themed. The zoneminder screens are also ported thanks to Warpme.
>
> I still apply for the competition. The requirements should be met. You can
> download the theme at
> ftp://miroku.no-ip.com/blue-abstract-wide.2010.01.31.tar.bz2 or see some
> screenshots at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Blue_Abstract_Theme .
>
> Best regards
>
> Robert

Robert,

With due respect, I really cannot in good conscience accept your theme
for the competition. Your buttons, checkboxes, textedits, etc. are
*all* resources which you have lifted from Graphite. I think your
theme is excellent and appreciate your hard work, but one of the rules
of the competition, which have been available from the start, is that
the work must be 100% your own. The other entries that I have looked
at so far all took the time to create their own imagery for their
themes, and it would be unfair to accept an entry where the theme
author did not need to do so.

Robert

miststlkr at gmail

Jan 31, 2010, 12:30 PM

Re: Blue-abstract update (Theme competition) [In reply to]

While it may not meet the requirements for the contest, I have to say that
is a nice theme you have going there. Keep it up!