Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Mythtvnz

HDHomerun and collectd/observium

pieter at insync

Jul 28, 2012, 4:27 PM

HDHomerun and collectd/observium

Hi Guys,

I doubt there are many of you out there that will have this, but being
the geek of the family, I have :)

I have written an Observium plugin to monitor (and graph) the "debug"
stats of my HDHomerun. This makes for some "good reading" and has let to
a few network optimizations :)

I will admit the text can do with some work, but hey, it does the job :)

Since I am changing the script, mail me for it, "in the current state".

http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/ss_0.png <-- Tuner 0 signal, tuned to
TV1/2 multiplex
http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/ss_1.png
<http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/ss_0.png> <-- Tuner 1 signal, tuned
to TV3/PRIME multiplex
http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/seg.png
<http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/ss_0.png> <-- Tuner 0 SEQ
http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/net.png
<http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/ss_0.png> <-- Bytes/Second used by
the tuner

Cheers,

Pieter

iondiode at gmail

Jul 29, 2012, 1:05 PM

Re: HDHomerun and collectd/observium [In reply to]

On 29 July 2012 11:27, Pieter De Wit <pieter [at] insync> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I doubt there are many of you out there that will have this, but being the
> geek of the family, I have :)
>
> I have written an Observium plugin to monitor (and graph) the "debug" stats
> of my HDHomerun. This makes for some "good reading" and has let to a few
> network optimizations :)
>
> I will admit the text can do with some work, but hey, it does the job :)
>
> Since I am changing the script, mail me for it, "in the current state".
>
> http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/ss_0.png <-- Tuner 0 signal, tuned to
> TV1/2 multiplex
> http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/ss_1.png <-- Tuner 1 signal, tuned to
> TV3/PRIME multiplex
> http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/seg.png <-- Tuner 0 SEQ
> http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/net.png <-- Bytes/Second used by the
> tuner
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pieter

I'm still new to Mythtv, but it looks like your links all point to the
same image, also there is a g in the 3rd image link name that should
probably be a 'q' - Also it'd be interesting to hear about your
optimisations.

&lt;-- Tuner 0 signal, tuned to TV1/2 multiplex<br>
&lt;-- Tuner 1 signal, tuned to TV3/PRIME multiplex<br>
&lt;-- Tuner 0 SEQ<br>
&lt;-- Bytes/Second used by the tuner<br>
Cheers,<br>
Pieter<br>

Tim

pieter at insync

Jul 29, 2012, 1:56 PM

Re: HDHomerun and collectd/observium [In reply to]

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012, Tim Westbrook wrote:

> On 29 July 2012 11:27, Pieter De Wit <pieter [at] insync> wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I doubt there are many of you out there that will have this, but being the
>> geek of the family, I have :)
>>
>> I have written an Observium plugin to monitor (and graph) the "debug" stats
>> of my HDHomerun. This makes for some "good reading" and has let to a few
>> network optimizations :)
>>
>> I will admit the text can do with some work, but hey, it does the job :)
>>
>> Since I am changing the script, mail me for it, "in the current state".
>>
>> http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/ss_0.png <-- Tuner 0 signal, tuned to
>> TV1/2 multiplex
>> http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/ss_1.png <-- Tuner 1 signal, tuned to
>> TV3/PRIME multiplex
>> http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/seg.png <-- Tuner 0 SEQ
>> http://www.insync.za.net/hdhomerun/net.png <-- Bytes/Second used by the
>> tuner
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Pieter

> I'm still new to Mythtv, but it looks like your links all point to the
> same image, also there is a g in the 3rd image link name that should
> probably be a 'q' - Also it'd be interesting to hear about your
> optimisations.

> &lt;-- Tuner 0 signal, tuned to TV1/2 multiplex<br>
> &lt;-- Tuner 1 signal, tuned to TV3/PRIME multiplex<br>
> &lt;-- Tuner 0 SEQ<br>
> &lt;-- Bytes/Second used by the tuner<br>
> Cheers,<br>
> Pieter<br>
>

> Tim

Well spotted Tim,

Sorry about that :)

You are quite right about the s/g/q/ - that is what happens when you rush
emails between family etc.

The major oprtimization that I did was to move my homerun to it's own
network. Yes, I had to install a DHCP server on my myth box, but I also
record to a NFS share. In my case, the traffic would easily peak over
100meg.

Cheers,

Pieter