Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Mythtvnz

EPG Grabber Script - updated for Myth 0.25

sultanoswing at gmail

EPG Grabber Script - updated for Myth 0.25

Due to an update in the syntax of mythfilldatabase in 0.25, the small
shell script I wrote to grab and automatically insert the EPG data has
changed slightly to:

#! /bin/bash
wget http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz
gunzip freeview.xml.gz
mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml
rm freeview.xml
exit

For more on the syntax change, see the MythTV Wiki
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythfilldatabase).

drtimlockyer at gmail

Re: EPG Grabber Script - updated for Myth 0.25 [In reply to]

Does anyone know if EPGSNOOP will also have to be changed?

Tim

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing [at] gmail>wrote:

> Due to an update in the syntax of mythfilldatabase in 0.25, the small
> shell script I wrote to grab and automatically insert the EPG data has
> changed slightly to:
>
> #! /bin/bash
> wget http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz
> gunzip freeview.xml.gz
> mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml
> rm freeview.xml
> exit
>
> For more on the syntax change, see the MythTV Wiki
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythfilldatabase).

hads at nice

Re: EPG Grabber Script - updated for Myth 0.25 [In reply to]

On 16/04/12 07:17, tim Lockyer wrote:
> Does anyone know if EPGSNOOP will also have to be changed?

epgsnoop doesn't need changing because isn't used directly to interface
with mythtv.

If you're using tv_grab_nz-py then you don't need to change anything,
mythbackend runs it automatically.

hads
--
http://nice.net.nz

nick.rout at gmail

Re: EPG Grabber Script - updated for Myth 0.25 [In reply to]

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing [at] gmail> wrote:
> Due to an update in the syntax of mythfilldatabase in 0.25, the small
> shell script I wrote to grab and automatically insert the EPG data has
> changed slightly to:
>
> #! /bin/bash
> wget http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz
> gunzip freeview.xml.gz
> mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml
> rm freeview.xml
> exit

why not simply use xmltv via tv_grab_nz-py ?

lockyer at waikato

Re: EPG Grabber Script - updated for Myth 0.25 [In reply to]

When Sky TV a couple of years ago stopped their listings being put on the
Internet I changed I EPGSNOOP which has worked really well. I did not know
there was an alternative.

Thanks for the information.

On 16 April 2012 07:31, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> > Due to an update in the syntax of mythfilldatabase in 0.25, the small
> > shell script I wrote to grab and automatically insert the EPG data has
> > changed slightly to:
> >
> > #! /bin/bash
> > wget http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz
> > gunzip freeview.xml.gz
> > mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml
> > rm freeview.xml
> > exit
>
> why not simply use xmltv via tv_grab_nz-py ?

Dr Tim Lockyer
Associate Professor
Graduate Convener
Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management
University of Waikato
+64 7 838 4466 Ext 6321

drtimlockyer at gmail

Re: EPG Grabber Script - updated for Myth 0.25 [In reply to]

Re: EPG Grabber Script - updated for Myth 0.25 [In reply to]

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing [at] gmail>
>> wrote:
>> > Due to an update in the syntax of mythfilldatabase in 0.25, the small
>> > shell script I wrote to grab and automatically insert the EPG data has
>> > changed slightly to:
>> >
>> > #! /bin/bash
>> > wget http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz
>> > gunzip freeview.xml.gz
>> > mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml
>> > rm freeview.xml
>> > exit
>>
>> why not simply use xmltv via tv_grab_nz-py ?

When I set my MythTV up, Arch was already using Python 2, which meant
the tv_grab_nz-py script wasn't detected in the backend setup.
Although it now is, I haven't ever got around to using it - besides it
seems more complicated than my method (the py script is certainly more
wordy!) and as both scripts source from the same EPG data, I went with
the easy, cron-able option :)