Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Mythtvnz

audio pauses latm-aac

 

 

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All MythTV mythtvnz RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


jyavenard at gmail

Apr 5, 2012, 8:10 PM

Post #26 of 33 (1024 views)
Permalink
Re: audio pauses latm-aac [In reply to]

On 6 April 2012 13:02, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 [at] gmail> wrote:
> 200, was ok, but there messages in the log, 220 no problems, nothing in the log.

207 seems to be the value at which there's no log.

I'll set it to 220

Funny, is that 3 years ago, for a simialr problem I suggested a value of 200
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6501

_______________________________________________
mythtvnz mailing list
mythtvnz [at] lists
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/


pkendall64 at gmail

Apr 5, 2012, 8:13 PM

Post #27 of 33 (1026 views)
Permalink
Re: audio pauses latm-aac [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail> wrote:
> On 6 April 2012 13:02, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 [at] gmail> wrote:
>> 200, was ok, but there messages in the log, 220 no problems, nothing in the log.
>
> 207 seems to be the value at which there's no log.
>
> I'll set it to 220
>
> Funny, is that 3 years ago, for a simialr problem I suggested a value of 200
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6501
>

Yeah, I remember that. It seems that PRIME must have made some changes
as it's only recently (last 3 weeks or so) started happening.

I noticed it first in a recording of 'Top Gear' and it was
unwatchable. Very sad!

_______________________________________________
mythtvnz mailing list
mythtvnz [at] lists
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/


jyavenard at gmail

Apr 5, 2012, 8:15 PM

Post #28 of 33 (1029 views)
Permalink
Re: audio pauses latm-aac [In reply to]

On 6 April 2012 13:13, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Funny, is that 3 years ago, for a simialr problem I suggested a value of 200
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6501
>>
>
> Yeah, I remember that. It seems that PRIME must have made some changes
> as it's only recently (last 3 weeks or so) started happening.
>
> I noticed it first in a recording of 'Top Gear' and it was
> unwatchable. Very sad!

Ok..
I've pushed the change with 220 as value

_______________________________________________
mythtvnz mailing list
mythtvnz [at] lists
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/


g8ecj at gilks

Apr 5, 2012, 10:50 PM

Post #29 of 33 (1012 views)
Permalink
Re: audio pauses latm-aac [In reply to]

> On 6 April 2012 13:13, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 [at] gmail> wrote:
>>> Funny, is that 3 years ago, for a simialr problem I suggested a value
>>> of 200
>>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6501
>>>
>>
>> Yeah, I remember that. It seems that PRIME must have made some changes
>> as it's only recently (last 3 weeks or so) started happening.
>>
>> I noticed it first in a recording of 'Top Gear' and it was
>> unwatchable. Very sad!
>
> Ok..
> I've pushed the change with 220 as value

I've locally patched mine to 220 and it also looks (or rather sounds!!) OK
now. This evenings viewings will confirm (I've 3 items queued up that were
previously unwatchable).



--
Robin Gilks



_______________________________________________
mythtvnz mailing list
mythtvnz [at] lists
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/


nick.rout at gmail

Apr 5, 2012, 11:13 PM

Post #30 of 33 (1010 views)
Permalink
Re: audio pauses latm-aac [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail> wrote:
> On 6 April 2012 13:13, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 [at] gmail> wrote:
>>> Funny, is that 3 years ago, for a simialr problem I suggested a value of 200
>>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6501
>>>
>>
>> Yeah, I remember that. It seems that PRIME must have made some changes
>> as it's only recently (last 3 weeks or so) started happening.
>>
>> I noticed it first in a recording of 'Top Gear' and it was
>> unwatchable. Very sad!
>
> Ok..
> I've pushed the change with 220 as value

man it's good having a dev on the local mailing list! Appreciation plus :)

_______________________________________________
mythtvnz mailing list
mythtvnz [at] lists
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/


nick.rout at gmail

Apr 6, 2012, 1:43 PM

Post #31 of 33 (1030 views)
Permalink
Re: audio pauses latm-aac [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail> wrote:
>> BTW, the only way to fix this is with a sample where the glitch occur
>> and proper log with -v audio,playback
>>
>> Without this information, everything is moot
>>
>
> Heres a proper log (from 0.24-fixes).
> I'll see what I can do about uploading a part of the sample.
> BTW I'm going to try a build with a larger buffer than the 180 frames
> (360) to see if that fixes it.

Just to let you know your message was delayed because it was over the
limit for the list, which I think is 40k.

Given that I set that when the list was operating on my home adsl
line, I will increase it.

_______________________________________________
mythtvnz mailing list
mythtvnz [at] lists
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/


pkendall64 at gmail

Apr 6, 2012, 2:03 PM

Post #32 of 33 (1009 views)
Permalink
Re: audio pauses latm-aac [In reply to]

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 [at] gmail> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail> wrote:
>>> BTW, the only way to fix this is with a sample where the glitch occur
>>> and proper log with -v audio,playback
>>>
>>> Without this information, everything is moot
>>>
>>
>> Heres a proper log (from 0.24-fixes).
>> I'll see what I can do about uploading a part of the sample.
>> BTW I'm going to try a build with a larger buffer than the 180 frames
>> (360) to see if that fixes it.
>
> Just to let you know your message was delayed because it was over the
> limit for the list, which I think is 40k.
>
> Given that I set that when the list was operating on my home adsl
> line, I will increase it.
>

Yeah, I got a notification about that. It doesn't matter anyway as the problem
is solved now.

Cheers,
PK

_______________________________________________
mythtvnz mailing list
mythtvnz [at] lists
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/


ross at inertia

Apr 17, 2012, 3:27 AM

Post #33 of 33 (957 views)
Permalink
Re: audio pauses latm-aac [In reply to]

Hi everyone

Sorry for the belated response here, but as this is a technical list I thought you may appreciate the following additional information.

I thought you may all be interested to know that the issues with the Kordia DVB-T mux in Christchurch (discussed recently) were in fact a broadcasting problem. My father has contacts at Kordia and he managed to bring it to the right people's attention. Specifically it was a problem with the exciter. They have now switched to a secondary one which does not exhibit the problem, and they're currently investigating what happened to the first.

The issue affected a wide range of DVB-T equipment (not just MythTV) and was audible to some extent on all channels on the Kordia mux (Prime, Parliament TV, Maori TV.. etc) including all the radio channels. My parents' Samsung series 5 TV was particularly bad (to the point where it was unwatchable) whereas my Sony EX series had no trouble with it. Obviously the MythTV glitches were fixed in software as discussed previously. Another quirk on the Samsung was that the channels took an additional 2-3 seconds time for any video to appear compared to the TVNZ and Mediaworks channels.

As mentioned the issue has been fixed at Sugarloaf, but I don't see any harm in leaving the fixes in MythTV should something similar happen in the future.

Ross
_______________________________________________
mythtvnz mailing list
mythtvnz [at] lists
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All MythTV mythtvnz RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.