Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Mythtvnz

EPG Mismatch

davidrkirk at gmail

Feb 11, 2012, 9:24 PM

EPG Mismatch

Hi Again,

I've managed to scan for channels and find them all, but now my EPG data
doesn't match up. If I delete all the scanned channels and use the ones
from tb_grap_nz-py then I don't get a picture. If I use the scanned ones
then I get a picture but the wrong EPG data.

Any ideas how to get them to match up?

Thanks

David Kirk

pkendall64 at gmail

Feb 11, 2012, 9:43 PM

Re: EPG Mismatch [In reply to]

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM, David Kirk <davidrkirk [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> I've managed to scan for channels and find them all, but now my EPG data
> doesn't match up.  If I delete all the scanned channels and use the ones
> from tb_grap_nz-py then I don't get a picture.  If I use the scanned ones
> then I get a picture but the wrong EPG data.

Redo the scan again, then in mythweb enter the names for each channel.
it's a lot easier there
the names are of the form

tv1.freeviewnz.tv
tv2.freeviewnz.tv
tv3.freeviewnz.tv
four.freeviewnz.tv
c4.freeviewnz.tv
maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
u.freeviewnz.tv
tvnz7.freeviewnz.tv
tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
prime.freeviewnz.tv
parliament.freeviewnz.tv
ctv8.freeviewnz.tv
tvcentral.freeviewnz.tv

and perhaps others you can find them in the gzipped xml file from
http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz

just look at the top, they are fairly obvious

> Any ideas how to get them to match up?
>

> Thanks
>
> David Kirk

Cheers,
Paul

sultanoswing at gmail

Feb 11, 2012, 11:35 PM

Re: EPG Mismatch [In reply to]

On 12 February 2012 18:24, David Kirk <davidrkirk [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> I've managed to scan for channels and find them all, but now my EPG data
> doesn't match up.  If I delete all the scanned channels and use the ones
> from tb_grap_nz-py then I don't get a picture.  If I use the scanned ones
> then I get a picture but the wrong EPG data.
>
> Any ideas how to get them to match up?
>

> Thanks
>
> David Kirk

Go to the links I posted above... you have to get the call sign,
channel ID and xmltv addresses all matched up properly.

paulgir at gmail

Feb 12, 2012, 5:15 AM

Re: EPG Mismatch [In reply to]

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 20:35:55 +1300, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing [at] gmail>
wrote:

> On 12 February 2012 18:24, David Kirk <davidrkirk [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Hi Again,
>>
>> I've managed to scan for channels and find them all, but now my EPG data
>> doesn't match up. If I delete all the scanned channels and use the ones
>> from tb_grap_nz-py then I don't get a picture. If I use the scanned
>> ones
>> then I get a picture but the wrong EPG data.
>>
>> Any ideas how to get them to match up?
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> David Kirk

I found this thread useful:

http://wiki.linux.net.nz/FreeViewHDMythTvNotes

Here's my thread covering the same problem:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/501519

Paul

davidrkirk at gmail

Feb 13, 2012, 12:52 AM

Re: EPG Mismatch [In reply to]

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:15 AM, Paulgir <paulgir [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 20:35:55 +1300, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing [at] gmail>
> wrote:
>
> On 12 February 2012 18:24, David Kirk <davidrkirk [at] gmail> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Again,
>>>
>>> I've managed to scan for channels and find them all, but now my EPG data
>>> doesn't match up. If I delete all the scanned channels and use the ones
>>> from tb_grap_nz-py then I don't get a picture. If I use the scanned ones
>>> then I get a picture but the wrong EPG data.
>>>
>>> Any ideas how to get them to match up?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> David Kirk

> I found this thread useful:
>
> http://wiki.linux.net.nz/**FreeViewHDMythTvNotes<http://wiki.linux.net.nz/FreeViewHDMythTvNotes>
>
> Here's my thread covering the same problem:
>

> http://www.gossamer-threads.**com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/**501519<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/501519>
>

> Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that. I had seen both of those. After a bit of tinkering with
MythWeb and a mythfilldatabase --manual I've managed to fix it up.

I now have a working system.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

David Kirk