Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Mythtvnz
MythTV no longer recording TV (after update?)

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

lists at whitehouse

Jan 25, 2012, 12:20 PM

MythTV no longer recording TV (after update?)

Hello,

I use Mythbuntu 11.10 (and have done for many years). When I tried
watching Live TV this morning, I realised that MythTV is no longer
recording television properly (without giving an error). It was working
fine yesterday morning. My old recordings are working fine, so my guess
is that it is on the capture side of things.

I use an HVR-2200 (same as an HVR-2250 for PAL) with Steven Toth's
driver/firmware.

I have seen a bit in the news about the updates for the Linux kernel
vulnerability:
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1336-1/
http://www.itworld.com/244019/linux-vendors-rush-patch-privilege-escalation-flaw-after-root-exploits-emerge

I have automatic updating turned on for security updates, so I'm
wondering if perhaps the kernel update could have somehow broken the
firmware? This does seem a bit unlikely for a security fix, but it is
the only big update that I can see.

If there is an easy answer, it would be great if somebody could give me
some pointers before I lose hours trying to locate the problem. Nothing
jumped out at me in the logs before I ran out to work.

Regards,

Aaron