Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Mythtvnz

Re: mythtvnz Digest, Vol 53, Issue 18 Video output resolution question

paulgir at gmail

Jan 22, 2012, 7:05 PM

Re: mythtvnz Digest, Vol 53, Issue 18 Video output resolution question

> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:42:24 +1300
> From: Paulgir <paulgir [at] gmail>
> Subject: [mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py set up
> To: "mythtvnz [at] lists" <mythtvnz [at] lists>
>

>>> mythtvnz mailing list
>>> mythtvnz [at] lists
>>> http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
>>> Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/
>>
>> There's a recent thread with some infomation you might find useful,
>> including a simple bash script I wrote to pull the epg data and run
>> mythfilldatabase automagically (once you cron it).
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/494548?page=unread#unread\
>>
>> I personally couldn't get the tv_grab_nz-py script to work for me, and
>> after a few frustrating days took matters into my own hands.
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/494548?page=unread#unread
>>

> Do you put the script in any particular location?
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:09:14 +1300
> From: tortise <tortise [at] paradise>
> Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Video output resolution question
> To: MythTV in NZ <mythtvnz [at] lists>
>
> On 23/01/2012 9:30 a.m., Paulgir wrote:
>
>>> By the way, every time you post, it seems to start a new thread for me
>>> (I am using gmail). Please don't.
>>>

>> I am new to using a mailing list so I don't know why you are seeing a
>> new
>> thread each time I reply.I am replying to the Digest after editing it
>> and
>> changing
>> the subject line to the subject line of the original email - perhaps
>> this
>> is
>> not the correct procedure?
>
> Try pressing the reply button?
>
>> Option "TVOutFormat" "COMPONENT"
>
> Are you using component or HDMI?
>
>> Option "TVStandard" "HD1080p"
>
> 1080i might work better?

I changed: Option "TVOutFormat" "HDMI"

and: Option "TVStandard" "HD1080i"

No change.I renamed xorg.conf.Still no change.

Someone asked if I knew that 720P has more lines than 1080i.
No I was unaware of that. The image does look the same on both so I might
just leave it
I didn't actually make these settings they just were arrived at
automatically.

acaferacer at gmail

Jan 22, 2012, 7:20 PM

Re: mythtvnz Digest, Vol 53, Issue 18 Video output resolution question [In reply to]

On 23 January 2012 16:05, Paulgir <paulgir [at] gmail> wrote:

> Someone asked if I knew that 720P has more lines than 1080i.
> No I was unaware of that. The image does look the same on both so I might
> just leave it
> I didn't actually make these settings they just were  arrived at
> automatically.

Hi,
LCD TV's don't "do" interlacing the way that a CRT TV would, so when
you supply an interlaced signal to a LCD TV it will de-interlace it
using it's internal software before outputting to the LCD. So I would
find out what the actual resolution of you TV is and configure X to
use that. This may be what you have already!

Cheers
Bruce