Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Mythtvnz

I've lost sound...

worik.stanton at gmail

Nov 29, 2011, 7:09 PM

I've lost sound...

On my front end.

All I did was move the back-end closer to the aerial. I have volume
turned up in the front end setup. When I am playing TV or a recording
when I use the volume up key it stays resolutely at 0%.

The documents I find googling are not very good. (Often do not
differentiate between front end and back end...)

cheers
Worik

--
I am immensely proud of the young people who are driving the Occupy movement. Outrage at the dominant paradigm is the appropriate response when one understands what has happened.
God Bless the Occupation

worik.stanton at gmail

Nov 29, 2011, 7:41 PM

Re: I've lost sound... [In reply to]

Ask and ye shall receive....

I removed Pulse Audio, added my user into the audio group and added a
.asoundrc file.

Turns out that MythTV does not support pulse.

I am running version 0.23 of Myth on ubuntu 11.04

--
I am immensely proud of the young people who are driving the Occupy movement. Outrage at the dominant paradigm is the appropriate response when one understands what has happened.
God Bless the Occupation

jyavenard at gmail

Jan 28, 2012, 10:31 PM

Re: I've lost sound... [In reply to]

On 30 November 2011 14:41, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton [at] gmail> wrote:

> Turns out that MythTV does not support pulse.

it does..

> I am running version 0.23 of Myth on ubuntu 11.04

why ??