sultanoswing at gmail
Sep 16, 2011, 9:47 PM
Post #1 of 1
It seems the Hauppauge HVR-2210 is not supported in the current kernel. It is an "unrecognised card" on my 3.0-ARCH (stock) installation.
To get it to work required some effort patching the saa7164 driver and setting up a modprobe.conf file for the card. It still gives an error message on boot up "Warning: Unknown Hauppauge model #89009", but does work (at least for DVB-T - I haven't tried / don't care about the analog component).
1. Download AUR package "v4l-dvb-git" (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45680"]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45680). Untar it somewhere convenient.
2. Run the PKGBUILD (makepkg) and it will pull the latest src
3. cd /src/media_build/v4l
4. Edit "Makefile" and "Makefile.sound", replacing instances of "$(KERNELRELEASE)" or "KERNELRELEASE" with "3.0-ARCH" (no quotes).
5. Browse back up to "media_build" directory and "make menuconfig" and deselect drivers you don't want. I had to deselect '"cx28835", as it caused a compile error. YMMV.
6. To get my HVR-2210 working, I also had to patch the files in the directory "/src/media_build/linux/drivers/media/video/saa7164" according to these instructions at this post: http://www.pcmediacenter.com.au/forum/topic/37541-hauppauge-hvr-2200-tuner-install-guide/page__view__findpost__p__316006"]http://www.pcmediacenter.com.au/forum/t … _p__316006. Note: I had to manually patch the files as the 'patch' command errored.
7. After patching, run "make" and then "sudo make install".
8. In my case I had to add an option in /etc/modprobe.d/saa7164.conf > "option saa7164 card=10"
I hope this is of use to those of you using non-supported Hauppauge variants under the 3.0 kernel.