Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Mythtvnz

mythTV guru for hire, anyone?

andy at walkermagic

Jul 16, 2011, 8:37 PM

mythTV guru for hire, anyone?

Hello People

Is there anyone there who is a bit of a MythTV guru. I have several
different little problems with my Myth setup that I want fixed but don't
have the time & patience for at the moment. Can anyone for an hourly rate or
set fee come to my place in Mt Albert & do a little trouble shooting.

Recently my myth TV started failing to get a channel lock. I will get a
channel lock in for a few seconds then it drops. I tried swapping the hard
drive for an older backup with a known to be working image & I had the same
problem. This makes me suspect it could be the tuner card failing. I checked
the alignment of my dish & that is fine.

Also there seems to be an issue with getting my EPG working.

I can't play DVD's from within Myth but they do play on the same machine
using VLC.

How do I reassign the buttons on an MCE Remote?

Plus there are a couple of minor little set up issues.

I am leaving for overseas in a couple of days and would love to have my
system working again for the family so they can watch TV while I am away.

Andy

--
PRIVACY NOTICE: This message and all of its attachments are intended for its
addressed recipient only. It constitutes private communications and is

criggie at criggie

Jul 16, 2011, 10:55 PM

Re: mythTV guru for hire, anyone? [In reply to]

On 17/07/11 15:37, Andy Walker wrote:
> Recently my myth TV started failing to get a channel lock. I will get a
> channel lock in for a few seconds then it drops. I tried swapping the
> hard drive for an older backup with a known to be working image & I had
> the same problem. This makes me suspect it could be the tuner card
> failing. I checked the alignment of my dish & that is fine.
Failure to get lock means signal issues, but it could still be inside
the card. Can you test with a STB or freeview enabled TV?

> Also there seems to be an issue with getting my EPG working.
EPG from the DVB-S stream or the other one?

> I can't play DVD's from within Myth but they do play on the same machine using VLC.
No idea sorry. What does the mythfrontend.log file say?

> How do I reassign the buttons on an MCE Remote?
Two options - you can tell mythfrontend to use whatever button the
remote sends as a key for what you want, or you could use xmodmap to map
the keycode to result in the expected key. This is what I did for my
$10 DX remote http://criggie.org.nz/tech/pc_remote/

> Plus there are a couple of minor little set up issues.

> I am leaving for overseas in a couple of days and would love to have my
> system working again for the family so they can watch TV while I am away.
Sorry, I'm not local to you.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/