Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Mythtvnz

mythtranscode gone from 0.24?

criggie at criggie

mythtranscode gone from 0.24?

Call this one silly, but I'm trying to use Archive to DVD on myth 0.24
Now, can anyone confirm whether there's a mythtranscode binary or not?
I don't have one, can't find one.

I ask because the error I'm getting is this, which suggests there should
be one.

Waiting for mythtranscode to create the fifos <-- x 30 or so

Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

stephen_agent at jsw

Re: mythtranscode gone from 0.24? [In reply to]

On Fri, 27 May 2011 00:09:33 +1200, you wrote:

>Call this one silly, but I'm trying to use Archive to DVD on myth 0.24
>Now, can anyone confirm whether there's a mythtranscode binary or not?
>I don't have one, can't find one.
>
>I ask because the error I'm getting is this, which suggests there should
>be one.

>Waiting for mythtranscode to create the fifos <-- x 30 or so

Results of "which mythtranscode" command on Mythbyntu 11.04 with
0.24-fixes:

/usr/bin/mythtranscode

So it is there still. Having never used it, I can not say if it is
working or not. A "dpkg -S mythtranscode" command says:

mythtv-transcode-utils: /usr/bin/mythtranscode

so check that you have the mythtv-transcode-utils package installed.

criggie at criggie

Re: mythtranscode gone from 0.24? [In reply to]

> On Fri, 27 May 2011 00:09:33 +1200, you wrote:
>> Call this one silly, but I'm trying to use Archive to DVD on myth 0.24
>> Now, can anyone confirm whether there's a mythtranscode binary or not?
>> I don't have one, can't find one.

> Results of "which mythtranscode" command on Mythbyntu 11.04 with 0.24-fixes:
> So it is there still. Having never used it, I can not say if it is
> working or not. A "dpkg -S mythtranscode" command says:
> mythtv-transcode-utils: /usr/bin/mythtranscode
> so check that you have the mythtv-transcode-utils package installed.

E: Unable to locate package mythtv-transcode-utils

Cool so that's likely the problem. Thanks for that.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

criggie at criggie

Re: mythtranscode gone from 0.24? SOLVED [In reply to]

criggie wrote, On 05/27/2011 08:49 AM:
> On 27/05/11 03:07, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> Results of "which mythtranscode" command on Mythbyntu 11.04 with 0.24-fixes:
>> So it is there still. Having never used it, I can not say if it is
>> working or not. A "dpkg -S mythtranscode" command says:
>> mythtv-transcode-utils: /usr/bin/mythtranscode
>> so check that you have the mythtv-transcode-utils package installed.
> E: Unable to locate package mythtv-transcode-utils
> Cool so that's likely the problem. Thanks for that.

Turns out the binary was hidden away inside mythtv-backend on debian,
which is not generally installed on a frontend only.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

nick.rout at gmail

Re: mythtranscode gone from 0.24? SOLVED [In reply to]

I remember going through this a while ago. Mytharchive will not work on a
front end anyway. IIRC.
On 27/05/2011 12:13 PM, "Criggie" <criggie [at] criggie> wrote:
> criggie wrote, On 05/27/2011 08:49 AM:
>> On 27/05/11 03:07, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>>> Results of "which mythtranscode" command on Mythbyntu 11.04 with
0.24-fixes:
>>> So it is there still. Having never used it, I can not say if it is
>>> working or not. A "dpkg -S mythtranscode" command says:
>>> mythtv-transcode-utils: /usr/bin/mythtranscode
>>> so check that you have the mythtv-transcode-utils package installed.
>> E: Unable to locate package mythtv-transcode-utils
>> Cool so that's likely the problem. Thanks for that.
>
> Turns out the binary was hidden away inside mythtv-backend on debian,
> which is not generally installed on a frontend only.
>

> --
> Criggie
>
> http://criggie.org.nz/

criggie at criggie

Re: mythtranscode gone from 0.24? SOLVED [In reply to]

Nick Rout wrote, On 05/27/2011 03:14 PM:

> I remember going through this a while ago. Mytharchive will not work
> on a front end anyway. IIRC.

Yeah? I produced both a native archive and a DVD ISO which burned to
disk fine.
This is on my desktop which is a frontend only, but the backend package
is installed to get mythtranscode.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

nick.rout at gmail

Re: mythtranscode gone from 0.24? SOLVED [In reply to]

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Criggie <criggie [at] criggie> wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote, On 05/27/2011 03:14 PM:
>>
>> I remember going through this a while ago. Mytharchive will not work
>> on a front end anyway. IIRC.
>>

> Yeah?   I produced both a native archive and a DVD ISO which burned to
> disk fine.
> This is on my desktop which is a frontend only, but the backend package
> is installed to get mythtranscode.

Do you have the files you are transcoding on a mount on your frontend,
from memory it wouldn't work with storage directories.

criggie at criggie

Re: mythtranscode gone from 0.24? SOLVED [In reply to]

On 27/05/11 16:06, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Criggie<criggie [at] criggie> wrote:
>> Yeah? I produced both a native archive and a DVD ISO which burned to
>> disk fine.
>> This is on my desktop which is a frontend only, but the backend package
>> is installed to get mythtranscode.
>
> Do you have the files you are transcoding on a mount on your frontend,
> from memory it wouldn't work with storage directories.

Yes thats right - I have one NFS export which the frontends mount.
Worked fine for me, but I've not used storage groups.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/