Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Mythtvnz

Error starting LiveTV

hads at nice

Mar 30, 2011, 3:40 AM

Error starting LiveTV

Hello all,

Anyone want to have a stab at what is causing this issue on a friends
setup;

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/362568/

As a preview some relevant lines are;

ALSA, Error: Setting hardware audio buffer size to 6016
ALSA, Error: Error opening /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/prealloc:
Permission denied.
ALSA, Error: Try to manually increase audio buffer with: echo 6016 |
sudo tee /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/prealloc
ALSA, Error: Unable to sufficiently increase ALSA hardware buffer size -
underruns are likely

Player(0), Warning: Waited 100ms for decoder to pause

Player(0): Waited 100ms for video buffers
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've tried to set the prealloc as the error message suggests (currently
at 4096) but it appears to have no effect. The output device is set to
ALSA:default

This is a P4 box I believe with what appears to be Nvidia GeForce 9400
GT. It's been upgraded from around 0.20 over the years.

I'm mostly working remotely via SSH but can go and visit when I get
time. Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier

hads at nice

Mar 30, 2011, 4:16 AM

Re: Error starting LiveTV [In reply to]

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 23:40 +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
> This is a P4 box I believe with what appears to be Nvidia GeForce 9400
> GT. It's been upgraded from around 0.20 over the years.

And, as I forgot to mention, it's running Ubuntu 10.04 with mythtv 0.24
from mythbuntu autobuilds current.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier

mythicalbeast at slingshot

Mar 30, 2011, 9:48 PM

Re: Error starting LiveTV [In reply to]

No help to you but..
I've got similar problem with setting the alsa buffer for about last 2
weeks..10.04 0.24+fixes JYA.

This occurs with any recording not just live TV.

But I can manually set the buffer size okay from terminal before
starting MythTV FE.