Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev

MythTV name usage for MythTV for Android App

dmfrey at gmail

Aug 7, 2012, 6:41 PM

MythTV name usage for MythTV for Android App

I just wanted to check with the mythtv devs before we proceed any further
with the android app.

I just want to make sure there are no issues with us using the MythTV name
or possibly any image likenesses.

We are closing in on an initial beta release and I didn't want to overstep
our bounds before we actually put it out in the Play Market.

I would also like to mention that it is our goal to be the officially
endorsed MythTV Android client. Our code is all open source and licensed
under the GPL. It is hosted on github and we are willing to transfer the
repositories under the main mythtv repository if you so desire.

One note on our repository. Recently, the code was split into 2 projects,
so there is now a java client for accessing the Myth Services API, which is
separate from the app. The app uses it as a client.

Thank you,
Dan Frey, John Baab, Tom Kenny, Sebastien Astie

danielk at cuymedia

Aug 9, 2012, 6:13 AM

Re: MythTV name usage for MythTV for Android App [In reply to]

On 08/07/2012 09:41 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> I just want to make sure there are no issues with us using the MythTV
> name or possibly any image likenesses.

We will probably want to have the repo on the MythTV servers
before giving full use of the logo + name as an official app.
Can you send the git repo urls so we can take a look at the
code + app?

-- Daniel

dmfrey at gmail

Aug 9, 2012, 6:52 AM

Re: MythTV name usage for MythTV for Android App [In reply to]

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Daniel Thor Kristjansson <
danielk [at] cuymedia> wrote:

> On 08/07/2012 09:41 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
>
>> I just want to make sure there are no issues with us using the MythTV
>> name or possibly any image likenesses.
>>

> We will probably want to have the repo on the MythTV servers
> before giving full use of the logo + name as an official app.
> Can you send the git repo urls so we can take a look at the
> code + app?
>
> -- Daniel

Daniel,

All of the code can be found at
https://github.com/organizations/MythTV-Android

There are 2 public repositories: 1 for the app and one that is a java
implementation of the myth services api.

We have started implementing some of our own artwork, but that could easily
be changed out for more offical mythtv artwork.

There is a download section that has an installable apk on the app repo.
However, building from source and deploying to the phone/tablet is also
available.

We are working on unit tests for the myth service api package as well as a
continuous integration environment for regression testing from the java
client.

Also, there should be new download in a few days for people to try out that
will allow people to view and navigate their program guide. Once complete,
the new download will be available under the Download link.

Dan

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>