Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev

make install issues

 

 

MythTV dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


travis at tabbal

Jul 6, 2012, 8:18 AM

Post #1 of 5 (683 views)
Permalink
make install issues

I'm attempting to build on OpenIndiana to avoid powering up another machine
all the time as this one is already running. I can build, with some little
tweaks, but make install fails with the following output.

make -C external/FFmpeg install INSTALL_ROOT=
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/mythtv/mythtv/external/FFmpeg'
INSTALL libavdevice/libmythavdevice.so
find: stat() error /usr/local/lib/libmythavdevice.so.52.2.3: No such file
or directory
find: cycle detected for /lib/32/
find: cycle detected for /lib/crypto/32/
find: cycle detected for /lib/secure/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/link_audit/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/secure/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/elfedit/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/lwp/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/32/
install: libmythavdevice.so was not found anywhere!
make[1]: *** [install-libavdevice-shared] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/mythtv/mythtv/external/FFmpeg'
make: *** [external/FFmpeg_install] Error 2


I'm just not sure what it's looking for.... I tried copying the file to
/usr/local/lib as is seems to want to see, but that just suppresses the
first message. I still get the "not found anywhere" message. I'm not sure
why it's not putting the files there as it should, I'm root, and it creates
the directories, but doesn't copy the files.


gjhurlbu at gmail

Jul 6, 2012, 8:37 AM

Post #2 of 5 (633 views)
Permalink
Re: make install issues [In reply to]

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Travis Tabbal <travis [at] tabbal> wrote:
> I'm attempting to build on OpenIndiana to avoid powering up another machine
> all the time as this one is already running. I can build, with some little
> tweaks, but make install fails with the following output.

Wow, good luck. OpenIndiana (and all other Solaris-based setups) are
not supported, and you will not be able to do much with the backend
unless they use the V4L2 layer in the drivers, which I doubt. I don't
think we are looking for yet ANOTHER platform to support at this time
either. We have enough as it is ;)
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev


gary.buhrmaster at gmail

Jul 6, 2012, 9:09 AM

Post #3 of 5 (631 views)
Permalink
Re: make install issues [In reply to]

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Travis Tabbal <travis [at] tabbal> wrote:
>> I'm attempting to build on OpenIndiana to avoid powering up another machine
>> all the time as this one is already running. I can build, with some little
>> tweaks, but make install fails with the following output.
>
> Wow, good luck. OpenIndiana (and all other Solaris-based setups) are
> not supported, and you will not be able to do much with the backend
> unless they use the V4L2 layer in the drivers, which I doubt.

Well, it is possible that the network based capture devices might work.

In any case, FFmpeg on Solaris, as I recall, usually required
using gmake (gnu make) rather than make (Solaris make).
I also seem to recall numerous issues over the years with
FFmpeg and Solaris, and you might want to check their
project archives/issue tracker to see what else is broken, or
requires workarounds.

Gary
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev


travis at tabbal

Jul 6, 2012, 9:45 AM

Post #4 of 5 (630 views)
Permalink
Re: make install issues [In reply to]

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster [at] gmail>wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu [at] gmail> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Travis Tabbal <travis [at] tabbal> wrote:
> >> I'm attempting to build on OpenIndiana to avoid powering up another
> machine
> >> all the time as this one is already running. I can build, with some
> little
> >> tweaks, but make install fails with the following output.
> >
> > Wow, good luck. OpenIndiana (and all other Solaris-based setups) are
> > not supported, and you will not be able to do much with the backend
> > unless they use the V4L2 layer in the drivers, which I doubt.
>
> Well, it is possible that the network based capture devices might work.
>
> In any case, FFmpeg on Solaris, as I recall, usually required
> using gmake (gnu make) rather than make (Solaris make).
> I also seem to recall numerous issues over the years with
> FFmpeg and Solaris, and you might want to check their
> project archives/issue tracker to see what else is broken, or
> requires workarounds.
>


The only tuner I care about is an HDHomeRun, so no need for V4L etc. And
I'm not asking for official support. Just some idea why the "make install"
errors out. I made a few changes to get the compile, and want to test and
see if it's working. Is there another way to manage this bit? Can I just
copy all the .so and executable files out to a directory and run it there?

I'll try gmake and/or make sure that it's using the gnu version. OI uses
gnu versions of the utilities before the Solaris versions by default
though. As it's just a backend and won't be doing anything other than
recording, I could make a low power box do it, I just wanted to try it. I
did neglect to mention that I only care about the backend here, no display
required other than mythtv-setup which just needs X/qt IIRC.


travis at tabbal

Jul 7, 2012, 10:30 AM

Post #5 of 5 (633 views)
Permalink
Re: make install issues [In reply to]

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Travis Tabbal <travis [at] tabbal> wrote:

> I'm attempting to build on OpenIndiana to avoid powering up another
> machine all the time as this one is already running. I can build, with some
> little tweaks, but make install fails with the following output.
>
> make -C external/FFmpeg install INSTALL_ROOT=
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/mythtv/mythtv/external/FFmpeg'
> INSTALL libavdevice/libmythavdevice.so
> find: stat() error /usr/local/lib/libmythavdevice.so.52.2.3: No such file
> or directory
> find: cycle detected for /lib/32/
> find: cycle detected for /lib/crypto/32/
> find: cycle detected for /lib/secure/32/
> find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/link_audit/32/
> find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/secure/32/
> find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/elfedit/32/
> find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/lwp/32/
> find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/32/
> install: libmythavdevice.so was not found anywhere!
> make[1]: *** [install-libavdevice-shared] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/mythtv/mythtv/external/FFmpeg'
> make: *** [external/FFmpeg_install] Error 2
>
>
> I'm just not sure what it's looking for.... I tried copying the file to
> /usr/local/lib as is seems to want to see, but that just suppresses the
> first message. I still get the "not found anywhere" message. I'm not sure
> why it's not putting the files there as it should, I'm root, and it creates
> the directories, but doesn't copy the files.
>


For the archives, I had gnu make running, so I tried gnu install. That did
it. I had to build gnu coreutils from source to get it, the package for
OpenIndiana didn't have it for some reason. Note that doing a
./configure;make on coreutils on OI will fail to find gmp.h. Just edit the
source files to look for gmp/gmp.h and it will build. Then copy
src/ginstall to /usr/gnu/bin and symlink it to /usr/gnu/bin/install. If you
have /usr/gnu/bin first in your path, which is the default, it will now use
it for the make install.

I haven't tested it yet, and probably won't get time today. But I'll post
with results. If it works, I'll fork it and add the changes on github. They
are really dirty right now, and probably break other platforms. If I get
time to clean them up properly, I'll send a pull request over to the main
myth repo.

MythTV dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.