Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev

Learning how to do Development on MythTV

Francesco.Giuffrida at avantiplc

Learning how to do Development on MythTV

Hello My name is Francesco,
I'm working on a proof of concept project for a Ka band satellite project, where my aim is to build a sort of Linux hybrid DTT/Ka STB, where a initially the Satellite will deliver PVOD content via a separate application (already existing).
My intention is to use MythTV as core of the STB for this proof of concept.
I'm looking to "get on speed" on the MythTV code organization, I'm fluent in C and C++, but not Qt unfortunately.
I need to get as much as possible familiar with the way that the MythTV code is organized, how to debug and so on.

My Initial objective is:

- Be able to creating multiple archive structure for the media storage (Video Home) visible in the UI interface (categories/media providers and so on) filling all the possible tags, picture preview and so on.

- Trigger from outside mythtv the rescan of the media folders upgrading the catalog Or interfacing the MythTV DB with an external application

Regards
Francesco

DISCLAIMER:
This email including any attachments is intended only for the person(s) ("the intended recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed and it may contain confidential or privileged information. This email contents must not be disclosed to anyone else. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately. The company will not be liable for any error in transmission. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information that do not relate to the official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed by it.
Registered in England No. 06133927
Registered Office: 74 Rivington Street London EC2A3AY
VAT Number: 830 7034 57

eric at lisaneric

Re: Learning how to do Development on MythTV [In reply to]

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Francesco Giuffrida
<Francesco.Giuffrida [at] avantiplc> wrote:
> Iím looking to ďget on speedĒ on the MythTV code organization, Iím fluent in
> C and C++, but not Qt unfortunately.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Developer_Documentation

Eric