to provide the wsdl for the Service API. I don't want to open up port
6544 on my backend to the world, for obvious reasons. I tried setting
up a reverse proxy, but that doesn't work due to hardcoded imports in
the wsdl. Is there a way to generate the wsdl from the source
offline?

Thanks,
Joel

MythTv at Theblains

Re: Export wsdl for Services API [In reply to]

> I have had a request from someone who isn't ready to upgrade to 0.25 to
> provide the wsdl for the Service API. I don't want to open up port
> 6544 on my backend to the world, for obvious reasons. I tried setting up
> reverse proxy, but that doesn't work due to hardcoded imports in the wsdl.
Is
> there a way to generate the wsdl from the source offline?
>
> Thanks,
> Joel

The WSDL can only be generated at runtime.

Not sure how long I'll keep it open, but here are links to the WSDL:

http://wsdl.blainconsulting.com/Capture/wsdl
http://wsdl.blainconsulting.com/Channel/wsdl
http://wsdl.blainconsulting.com/Content/wsdl
http://wsdl.blainconsulting.com/Dvr/wsdl
http://wsdl.blainconsulting.com/Guide/wsdl
http://wsdl.blainconsulting.com/Myth/wsdl
http://wsdl.blainconsulting.com/Video/wsdl

David.

tom at redpepperracing

Re: Export wsdl for Services API [In reply to]

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM, David Blain <MythTv [at] theblains> wrote:
>> I have had a request from someone who isn't ready to upgrade to 0.25 to
>> provide the wsdl for the Service API.  I don't want to open up port
>> 6544 on my backend to the world, for obvious reasons.  I tried setting up
>> reverse proxy, but that doesn't work due to hardcoded imports in the wsdl.
> Is
>> there a way to generate the wsdl from the source offline?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joel
>
> The WSDL can only be generated at runtime.
>
> Not sure how long I'll keep it open, but here are links to the WSDL:

Instead of making them public, can't you just 'view the WSDL' then
send the XML to the requestor?

Tom

MythTv at Theblains

Re: Export wsdl for Services API [In reply to]

> Instead of making them public, can't you just 'view the WSDL' then send
the XML
> to the requestor?
>
> Tom

You can, but you would also have to send each XSD file that's imported. The
way I coded the wsdl generation is that each type gets its own XSD file.

I'm sure there are tools that would easily traverse and save each file...
it was just quicker for me to expose the WSDL URLs using my firewall.

(It will be a good volume/load test on my dev backend also!)

David.

means.joel at gmail

Re: Export wsdl for Services API [In reply to]

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM, David Blain <MythTv [at] theblains> wrote:

>> Instead of making them public, can't you just 'view the WSDL' then send
> the XML
>> to the requestor?
>>
>> Tom
>
> You can, but you would also have to send each XSD file that's imported.  The
> way I coded the wsdl generation is that each type gets its own XSD file.
>
> I'm sure there are tools that would easily traverse and save each file...
> it was just quicker for me to expose the WSDL URLs using my firewall.
>
> (It will be a good volume/load test on my dev backend also!)
>
> David.

Yeah, I thought about trying that, but it would be a lot of effort.
Thanks, David, for putting those up.

Joel