Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev

New live streaming API /Content/GetLiveStreamList

will at netmindz

New live streaming API /Content/GetLiveStreamList

Are there any apps using the new streaming API or any documentation
other than the stuff on the wiki ?

I've created a new streaming request, but the status just sits there
saying <StatusMessage>Waiting for mythtranscode startup.</StatusMessage>

What extra stage or what extra services should I be running ?

cpinkham at bc2va

Re: New live streaming API /Content/GetLiveStreamList [In reply to]

* On Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 09:03:17PM +0100, Will Tatam wrote:
> Are there any apps using the new streaming API or any documentation
> other than the stuff on the wiki ?
>
> I've created a new streaming request, but the status just sits there
> saying <StatusMessage>Waiting for mythtranscode startup.</StatusMessage>
>
> What extra stage or what extra services should I be running ?

There's no extra service, and currently HLS does not work via the JobQueue,
it spawns off jobs in new threads.

You do have to have configured with "--enable-libx264 --enable-libmp3lame"
in order to be able to encode using the required codecs. If you haven't
done this, you'll need to recompile and reinstall. If you have, then
check your logs, perhaps mythtranscode is generating an error.

For an example of how to use the API, you can look at:

http://yourbackendIP:6544/samples/hlstest.qsp

That file is normally installed in /usr/local/share/mythtv/html/samples/
by default as the doc root for the internal webserver is
/usr/local/share/mythtv/html/

--
Chris

brian at interlinx

Re: New live streaming API /Content/GetLiveStreamList [In reply to]

On 12-04-17 09:38 AM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> For an example of how to use the API, you can look at:
>
> http://yourbackendIP:6544/samples/hlstest.qsp

The "1 click" JSW player install on that page doesn't seem to do
anything here.

I did manage to find the .zip file it's supposed to download and install
but I don't really know what to do with it.

b.
Attachments: signature.asc (0.26 KB)

cpinkham at bc2va

Re: New live streaming API /Content/GetLiveStreamList [In reply to]

* On Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 10:01:57AM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > http://yourbackendIP:6544/samples/hlstest.qsp
>
> The "1 click" JSW player install on that page doesn't seem to do
> anything here.

You should get a login/password prompt from the backend since that
functionality is protected by the same code that will service the backend
web setup once we complete it.

> I did manage to find the .zip file it's supposed to download and install
> but I don't really know what to do with it.

Unzip it into ~/.mythtv/3rdParty/

It should create a JW_Player subdirectory containing the player.

Once that is installed, the hlstest.qsp and JW Player install pages
should show that the file is installed. Then you should be able to
test the HLS functionality if you have compiled with libx264 and libmp3lame
support. We'll probably default those to on in master soon(ish). We
already require libmp3lame for NuppelVideoRecorder, the --enable-libmp3lame
option just enables mp3 encoding support for the ffmpeg libraries we use.
libx264 will be an added dependency when we default to --enable-libx264.

--
Chris

brian at interlinx

Re: New live streaming API /Content/GetLiveStreamList [In reply to]

On 12-04-17 02:42 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> Unzip it into ~/.mythtv/3rdParty/

Where ~ is who's $HOME? The owner of the browser viewing the test page
or the myth-backend process owner on the myth-backend machine?

> It should create a JW_Player subdirectory containing the player.

The .zip I have unzips into a mediaplayer-5.9-viral/ dir/

Cheers,

Re: New live streaming API /Content/GetLiveStreamList [In reply to]

* On Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 02:49:25PM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 12-04-17 02:42 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> >
> > Unzip it into ~/.mythtv/3rdParty/
>
> Where ~ is who's $HOME? The owner of the browser viewing the test page
> or the myth-backend process owner on the myth-backend machine?

The user running mythbackend. The hlstest.qsp page (and a work-in-progress
future patch for MythWeb) load the player files via the backend
webserver.

> > It should create a JW_Player subdirectory containing the player.
>
> The .zip I have unzips into a mediaplayer-5.9-viral/ dir/

That's not the one you need. We distribute our own JW Player zip package
which includes a plugin to allow HLS playback. The current player
doesn't support HLS without the plugin which is not in the standard
packaged distributed by LongTail Video. We requested and received their
permission to create the one-click download button in the mythbackend
webserver as well as to distribute our own packaged player including the
required HLS plugin.

The .zip you want is located at:

ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/3rdParty/jwplayer.zip

--
Chris