Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev

Can't build 0.24.2 on Fedora 15 but builds fine on all others.

hobbes1069 at gmail

Can't build 0.24.2 on Fedora 15 but builds fine on all others.

Hopefully someone knows what's going on here. As most of you know I
now maintain the MythTV packages at RPM Fusion.

For some strange reason mythweather is failing because configure is saying:

WARNING: disabling MythWeather; missing DateTime::Format::ISO8601

However, the package perl-Format-DateTime-ISO8601 is installed as
verified by the mock root.log (This is building on a EL6 build server
using mock).

There are no build problems for F16, F17, and rawhide using the exact
same spec file.

I even resorted to doing a package diff (pkgdiff[1]) between the perl
package in F15 and F16 and there's essentially no difference.

Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

Thanks,
Richard

[1] http://pkgdiff.github.com/pkgdiff/

greg12866 at nycap

Re: Can't build 0.24.2 on Fedora 15 but builds fine on all others. [In reply to]

On 04/09/2012 05:12 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Hopefully someone knows what's going on here. As most of you know I
> now maintain the MythTV packages at RPM Fusion.
>
> For some strange reason mythweather is failing because configure is saying:
>
> WARNING: disabling MythWeather; missing DateTime::Format::ISO8601
>
> However, the package perl-Format-DateTime-ISO8601 is installed as
> verified by the mock root.log (This is building on a EL6 build server
> using mock).
>
> There are no build problems for F16, F17, and rawhide using the exact
> same spec file.
>
> I even resorted to doing a package diff (pkgdiff[1]) between the perl
> package in F15 and F16 and there's essentially no difference.
>
> Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
>
> [1] http://pkgdiff.github.com/pkgdiff/

J.Pilk at tesco

Re: Can't build 0.24.2 on Fedora 15 but builds fine on all others. [In reply to]

On 10/04/12 04:18, Greg wrote:
> On 04/09/2012 05:12 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> Hopefully someone knows what's going on here. As most of you know I
>> now maintain the MythTV packages at RPM Fusion.
>>
>> For some strange reason mythweather is failing because configure is
>> saying:
>>
>> WARNING: disabling MythWeather; missing DateTime::Format::ISO8601
>>
>> However, the package perl-Format-DateTime-ISO8601 is installed as
>> verified by the mock root.log (This is building on a EL6 build server
>> using mock).
>>
>> There are no build problems for F16, F17, and rawhide using the exact
>> same spec file.
>>
>> I even resorted to doing a package diff (pkgdiff[1]) between the perl
>> package in F15 and F16 and there's essentially no difference.
>>
>> Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard
>>
>> [1] http://pkgdiff.github.com/pkgdiff/
>>
> I don't know if you left off part of the name of the package,but on my
> system it's libdatetime-format-iso8601-perl... Just a guess..
..and on my F!5 box I have

perl-DateTime-Format-ISO8601-0.07-4.fc15.noarch.rpm

from F15 core. The module is at

/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/DateTime/Format/ISO8601.pm

and the docs at

/usr/share/doc/perl-DateTime-Format-ISO8601-0.07/

Changelog:

2011-02-08 Fedora Release Engineering <rel-eng [at] lists>
- 0.07-4
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_Mass_Rebuild

The SL6 box isn't on at present: I'll see what that has later.

I have the ATrpms build of 0.24.2 but I haven't tried Mythweather :-)

HTH

John P

hobbes1069 at gmail

Re: Can't build 0.24.2 on Fedora 15 but builds fine on all others. [In reply to]

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 3:57 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk [at] tesco> wrote:
> ..and on my F!5 box I have
>
> perl-DateTime-Format-ISO8601-0.07-4.fc15.noarch.rpm
>
> from F15 core.  The module is at
>
> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/DateTime/Format/ISO8601.pm
>
> and the docs at
>
> /usr/share/doc/perl-DateTime-Format-ISO8601-0.07/

Well like I mentioned, I did a package diff between F15 and F16 and
there was basically no difference. I'm guessing it has to be some
weird issue with the build server being EL6 (I think it's EL6, it may
be EL5) and mock[1][2].

Thanks,
Richard

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock