Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 19df7fbe0 by Gavin Hurlbut (Beirdo)

 

 

MythTV dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


simon at koala

Mar 23, 2012, 11:12 AM

Post #1 of 5 (367 views)
Permalink
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 19df7fbe0 by Gavin Hurlbut (Beirdo)

On 03/23/12 17:45, MythTV wrote:

> It can wait for fixes/0.25 which will exist in just over a week.

this sorts of implies that .025 is going to be released with broken
analog channel changing. is this really going to be the case?
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev


gjhurlbu at gmail

Mar 23, 2012, 11:56 AM

Post #2 of 5 (358 views)
Permalink
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 19df7fbe0 by Gavin Hurlbut (Beirdo) [In reply to]

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Simon Kenyon <simon [at] koala> wrote:
> On 03/23/12 17:45, MythTV wrote:
>
>> It can wait for fixes/0.25 which will exist in just over a week.
>
> this sorts of implies that .025 is going to be released with broken
> analog channel changing. is this really going to be the case?

This implies nothing of the sort. If there are bugs, they will get
fixed as best we can. This revert had nothing to do with analog
channel changing. It was an extra (and unnecessary at this time)
setting that was snuck in, causing havok to the release.
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev


simon at koala

Mar 24, 2012, 2:07 AM

Post #3 of 5 (352 views)
Permalink
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 19df7fbe0 by Gavin Hurlbut (Beirdo) [In reply to]

On 03/23/12 18:56, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Simon Kenyon<simon [at] koala> wrote:
>> On 03/23/12 17:45, MythTV wrote:
>>
>>> It can wait for fixes/0.25 which will exist in just over a week.
>>
>> this sorts of implies that .025 is going to be released with broken
>> analog channel changing. is this really going to be the case?
>
> This implies nothing of the sort. If there are bugs, they will get
> fixed as best we can. This revert had nothing to do with analog
> channel changing. It was an extra (and unnecessary at this time)
> setting that was snuck in, causing havok to the release.
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-dev mailing list
> mythtv-dev [at] mythtv
> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
>

apologies if i implied that your code change was relevant.

what i was commenting on was your statement that there would be a
release in about a week. this was what prompted my question.

the bug i was referring to has been in trac for over 8 months and i did
not see much progress. i usually just sit quiet and wait. i once waited
3 years to be told in the end that it would not be fixed. so sometimes
it is possible to be too quiet. that is all.
--
simon
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev


stuart at tase

Mar 24, 2012, 2:46 AM

Post #4 of 5 (350 views)
Permalink
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 19df7fbe0 by Gavin Hurlbut (Beirdo) [In reply to]

On Saturday 24 Mar 2012 09:07:06 Simon Kenyon wrote:
> the bug i was referring to has been in trac for over 8 months and i did
> not see much progress.

There may have been no changes made to the ticket but this issue was/is being
worked on by Daniel. All the discussion and debugging was being done in IRC.
--
Stuart Morgan
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev


simon at koala

Mar 24, 2012, 4:20 AM

Post #5 of 5 (354 views)
Permalink
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 19df7fbe0 by Gavin Hurlbut (Beirdo) [In reply to]

On 03/24/12 09:46, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Saturday 24 Mar 2012 09:07:06 Simon Kenyon wrote:
>> the bug i was referring to has been in trac for over 8 months and i did
>> not see much progress.
>
> There may have been no changes made to the ticket but this issue was/is being
> worked on by Daniel. All the discussion and debugging was being done in IRC.

with turmoil at work i have not spent any time on irc of late

thank you for the update. much appreciated
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev [at] mythtv
http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev

MythTV dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.