Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: a5557a3bd by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard)

mythtv at sky

Mar 4, 2012, 3:25 AM

On 04/03/12 03:14, MythTV wrote:
> Author: Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] mythtv>
> Change Date: 2012-03-03T19:13:38-08:00
> Push Date: 2012/03/03 19:14:04 -0800
> Repository: mythtv
> Branch: master
> New Revision: a5557a3bd9d2ef22a76071afba1338e776418740
> Changeset: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/a5557a3bd
>
> Log:
>
> Fix MythZoneMinder on mac; the proper way..
>
> Following 6e2f2316, it turns out, qmake has a different behaviour between adding to the LIBS variable (elements stays escaped) and QMAKE_LFLAGS (elements are un-escpade properly).
>
> Compiler flags generated from running mysql-config should have been added to QMAKE_LFLAGS anyway. So use it
>
> Modified:
>
> mythplugins/mythzoneminder/mythzmserver/mythzmserver.pro

FYI something is broken for me on Linux mythzmserver fails to link.
Don't have time to investigate so have just reverted locally to a
version before you started to mess with this which works fine for me.

Paul H

jyavenard at gmail

Mar 4, 2012, 4:25 AM

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: a5557a3bd by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard) [In reply to]

On 4 March 2012 22:25, Paul Harrison <mythtv [at] sky> wrote:
> FYI something is broken for me on Linux mythzmserver fails to link.
> Don't have time to investigate so have just reverted locally to a
> version before you started to mess with this which works fine for me.

Which version broke it for you?

I have reversed the change on linux and it should compile just fine now...

problem with the previous code, is that it only worked on linux

mythtv at sky

Mar 4, 2012, 5:03 AM

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: a5557a3bd by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard) [In reply to]

On 04/03/12 12:25, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 4 March 2012 22:25, Paul Harrison <mythtv [at] sky> wrote:
>> FYI something is broken for me on Linux mythzmserver fails to link.
>> Don't have time to investigate so have just reverted locally to a
>> version before you started to mess with this which works fine for me.
> Which version broke it for you?
>
> I have reversed the change on linux and it should compile just fine now...
>
> problem with the previous code, is that it only worked on linux

I don't update every day so don't know which version broke. The last
time I updated would be last Wednesday IIRC.

Does ZoneMinder even compile and run on anything other than Linux? If
not then there is not much point even trying to compile mythzmserver on
anything else.

Paul H.

jyavenard at gmail

Mar 4, 2012, 5:10 AM

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: a5557a3bd by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard) [In reply to]

On 4 March 2012 23:25, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard [at] gmail> wrote:
> Which version broke it for you?
>
> I have reversed the change on linux and it should compile just fine now...
>
> problem with the previous code, is that it only worked on linux

I'd appreciate if you could revert your changes. Make sure you run
make distclean in libmythplugins.
Re-run configure, attempt a make

and send me the mythzoneminder/mythzmserver/Makefile

then go into mythplugins/mythzoneminder/mythzmserver
type make clean ; make

and post me the output.

Ill have a look, that should be all I need to solve your issue.

I'm starting to have an idea on what could be wrong.
Especially if you use a rather old version of gcc...

The link command on my machine is:

ccache g++ -c -pipe -D IGNORE_SCHEMA_VER_MISMATCH -D
IGNORE_PROTO_VER_MISMATCH -fPIC -g -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith
-Wredundant-decls -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -funit-at-a-time
-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
-fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wmissing-declarations -g -Wall -W
-D_GNU_SOURCE -DPREFIX="/usr/local/mythtv-trunk" -DMMX
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Dlinux -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I.
-I/usr/local/mythtv-trunk/include -I/usr/include
-I/usr/local/mythtv-trunk -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 -o
zmserver.o zmserver.cpp
ccache g++ -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -rdynamic -L/usr/lib/mysql
-lmysqlclient -o mythzmserver main.o zmserver.o
-L/usr/local/mythtv-trunk/lib

I'm guessing it dosn't like the -lmysqlclient being located before the
actual object files...

I thought those were problems from gcc 2.95 days only

jyavenard at gmail

Mar 4, 2012, 5:12 AM

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: a5557a3bd by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard) [In reply to]

On 5 March 2012 00:03, Paul Harrison <mythtv [at] sky> wrote:
> Does ZoneMinder even compile and run on anything other than Linux? If
> not then there is not much point even trying to compile mythzmserver on
> anything else.

According to the various buildbot, I know for sure that it compiles on
linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS

mythtv at sky

Mar 4, 2012, 5:25 AM

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: a5557a3bd by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard) [In reply to]

On 04/03/12 13:12, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 5 March 2012 00:03, Paul Harrison <mythtv [at] sky> wrote:
>> Does ZoneMinder even compile and run on anything other than Linux? If
>> not then there is not much point even trying to compile mythzmserver on
>> anything else.
> According to the various buildbot, I know for sure that it compiles on
> linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS

MythZoneMinder will compile but what I mean is does ZoneMinder work on
anything other than Linux. mythzmserver needs to run on the same machine
that is running ZoneMinder since it accesses the shared memory to get
the live images and monitor statuses. It may well run on other OSs but I
was under the impression that it was Linux only but don't follow ZM
development that closely so that may have changed.

I'll get you the information you requested I just want to finish up some
MythMusic changes before beta is cut.

Paul H.

jyavenard at gmail

Mar 4, 2012, 5:46 AM

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: a5557a3bd by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard) [In reply to]

On 5 March 2012 00:25, Paul Harrison <mythtv [at] sky> wrote:
> MythZoneMinder will compile but what I mean is does ZoneMinder work on
> anything other than Linux. mythzmserver needs to run on the same machine
> that is running ZoneMinder since it accesses the shared memory to get
> the live images and monitor statuses. It may well run on other OSs but I
> was under the impression that it was Linux only but don't follow ZM
> development that closely so that may have changed.
>
> I'll get you the information you requested I just want to finish up some
> MythMusic changes before beta is cut.

Thank you.

I have a solution I wanted to avoid that does two entirely different
actions between mac and other platforms...

I would have hoped to be able to do everything through qmake, but it
seems some external system call will be needed.

JY

raymond at wagnerrp

Mar 4, 2012, 8:18 AM

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: a5557a3bd by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard) [In reply to]

On 3/4/2012 08:25, Paul Harrison wrote:
> It may well run on other OSs but I was under the impression that it was Linux only but don't follow ZM development that closely so that may have changed.

It's Linux-only in the same manner MythTV is. It will compile and run
on most POSIX systems, but only supports the recording APIs available on
Linux. If you run an IP camera, it should function on OSX.

ctreleaven at cogeco

Mar 4, 2012, 11:05 AM

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: a5557a3bd by Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard) [In reply to]

At 11:18 AM -0500 3/4/12, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>On 3/4/2012 08:25, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> It may well run on other OSs but I was under the impression that it was Linux only but don't follow ZM development that closely so that may have changed.
>
>It's Linux-only in the same manner MythTV is. It will compile and run
>on most POSIX systems, but only supports the recording APIs available on
>Linux. If you run an IP camera, it should function on OSX.

Not a smidge of experience here, but a bit of googling found reports of a working server on OS X:

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17705

Craig