Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 784eb58dd by Daniel Kristjansson (daniel-kristjansson)

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

mtdean at thirdcontact

Jan 28, 2012, 8:09 AM

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 784eb58dd by Daniel Kristjansson (daniel-kristjansson) [In reply to]

On 01/28/2012 08:04 AM, MythTV wrote:
> Author: Daniel Kristjansson
> Change Date: 2012-01-28T05:03:38-08:00
> Push Date: 2012/01/28 05:03:46 -0800
> Repository: mythtv
> Branch: master
> New Revision: 784eb58dd282d8d9ca9ed4869eb8d1be93855834
> Changeset: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/784eb58dd
>
> Log:
>
> Const correctness fixes, note there are unaddressed design issues, see below.
>
> The design issue I see is that we set a PlayerContext for
> the instance but many methods still take a PlayerContext
> as a param. Most likely these can just use the instance's
> PlayerContext.

FWIW, the issue you mention is due to changes that were applied as a
part of #8901 ( http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8901 , "Add undo/redo
functionality to the cutlist editor" ). Jim Stichnoth made a patch for
it on http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9535 , but the main reason I
hadn't applied that patch was because I was hoping to rework the design
used for the undo/redo functionality (and a bit of the pre-existing
stuff) to separate UI code from DeleteMap code, and in so doing we'd
once again need the PlayerContext method arguments (we'd remove the
instance variable).

I'll go ahead and apply #9535's patch before too long--I was using it as
my reminder for my rework TODO, justified by hope of finishing that
rework before 0.25, but it's probably better to clean things up and just
rework them, again, when I finally improve the design.

Mike