Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

Karmic, PVR150 blasting, etc..

dherman516 at gmail

Nov 1, 2009, 4:51 PM

Karmic, PVR150 blasting, etc..

So.. It seems that the ubuntu maintainers chose to depreciate out
lirc_pvr150.

http://wiki.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8210307

For the last few days a team of people have been working on patching things
to bring back this funciton...
Here is the solution...

Setting up the IR Blaster Under Karmic -- LIRC_PVR150 has been depreciated.
It has been replaced by lirc_zilog (not part of the distribution)

Here is how you add it:

wget http://www.skynet.ie/~shabba/zilog.diff

sudo apt-get install lirc-modules-source

cd /usr/src/lirc-0.8.6

sudo patch -p0 < ~/zilog.diff

sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source

Modify your /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

MODULES="lirc_zilog"

re-initialize everything and you should be good to go -- although I did
have a little issue with the dishnetwork id's in my lircd.conf. I had to
patch lirc's daemons/config_file.c to allow the longer id's for the
dishnetwork remotes... I used the file my .85 patched lirc source. It
compiled in just fine in the newer one's place

Don't forget the firmware:
http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/...ir-blaster.bin in /lib/firmware

--
--Dave

jarod at wilsonet

Nov 1, 2009, 8:11 PM

Re: Karmic, PVR150 blasting, etc.. [In reply to]

On Nov 1, 2009, at 7:51 PM, David Herman wrote:

> So.. It seems that the ubuntu maintainers chose to depreciate out
> lirc_pvr150.

Sad that it was simply dropped instead of fixed. Or that they never
even asked on the lirc list about a fix. Or even asked me directly. Or
did anything at all other than just drop it. Especially given that I
had this fixed (in lirc_zilog) about two months ago now.

http://git.wilsonet.com//linux-2.6-lirc.git?a=commitdiff;h=bba8f7502a836d3fac3a83ee683f30b71999890a

> http://wiki.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8210307
>
> For the last few days a team of people have been working on patching
> things to bring back this funciton...

Wait, it took "a team of people" to s/lirc_pvr150/lirc_zilog/ in the
old lirc_pvr150 patch, and replace lirc_pvr150.c with lirc_zilog.c?
I'm sorry, but that's comical. Par for the course...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod [at] wilsonet

gbr at majentis

Nov 2, 2009, 6:41 AM

Re: Karmic, PVR150 blasting, etc.. [In reply to]

Pretty glad I haven't upgraded yet.