Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users

pcHDTV-5500 Correct Capture Card Configuration

korb at qisc

Dec 18, 2008, 8:23 AM

pcHDTV-5500 Correct Capture Card Configuration

Attachments: korb.vcf (0.24 KB)

myth at dermanouelian

Dec 18, 2008, 8:32 AM

Re: pcHDTV-5500 Correct Capture Card Configuration [In reply to]

On Dec 18, 2008, at 8:23 AM, William Korb wrote:

> I have a new Myth backend with a single pcHDTV-5500 tuner installed,
> and I am
> having a problem.
>
> Per the MythTV wiki page for the 5500, I have configured it as a DVB
> card. After
> doing so, I am easily able to tune all of my available digital
> channels coming
> in on my QAM-256 cable. However, I have seen multiple references to
> my tuner's
> "analog settings", even a mention of an "analog button". I see no
> such button in
> the myth backend setup capture card screen or anywhere else, for
> that matter.
>
> I was able to add the analog tuner as a second capture card and
> configure it as
> v4l, but I don't think that is correct (how would myth know that
> both tuners are
> the same card, and only one can be used at a time?).

You are doing this right. Assign both cards to the same input group
(second screen when you set up the card) and Myth will know they can
not be used at the same time. Make sure you add your digital card
first so it knows to prefer that one (I think you did, but I'm just
making sure).

-Brad

korb at qisc

Dec 18, 2008, 9:30 AM

Re: pcHDTV-5500 Correct Capture Card Configuration [In reply to]

Brad,

Ah, cool. Many thanks for your reply, and have a happy holiday season!

Bill

P.S. My new 52" HDTV is being delivered today, so I'm *very* motivated to get
this working! ;-)