Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev

MythRadio

stefan at gorling

Sep 15, 2002, 10:37 AM

MythRadio

Good Evening,

As I'm using the FM-Radio feature on my Hauppage WinTV-PCI card, i'd like to
use mythtv as a frontend to this. Have anybody else tought of this/ done some
work on it?

Best Regards,

Stefan Görling

marick at xythos

Nov 5, 2002, 2:59 PM

Re: MythRadio [In reply to]

Hi Stefan:

I'm working right now on the beginnings of MythRadio. I too have a
WinTV-PCI (or some such) with radio, so I do want to get that in there,
but for now, I'm mostly looking at shoutcast-type mp3-streaming stuff.
Of course, I'd be psyched if you wanted to look into getting the FM-part
working.

Anyway, I'll let you know when I get the first version up and running,
if you're interested.

-Michael Arick

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 10:37, Stefan Görling wrote:
> Good Evening,
>
> As I'm using the FM-Radio feature on my Hauppage WinTV-PCI card, i'd like to
> use mythtv as a frontend to this. Have anybody else tought of this/ done some
> work on it?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Stefan Görling

kevin at kinetic-media

Nov 5, 2002, 3:22 PM

Re: MythRadio [In reply to]

Michael,
That would be sweet! I think more people would be interested in streaming
stuff more right now anyhow.

Kevin

At 01:59 PM 11/5/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Stefan:
>
>I'm working right now on the beginnings of MythRadio. I too have a
>WinTV-PCI (or some such) with radio, so I do want to get that in there,
>but for now, I'm mostly looking at shoutcast-type mp3-streaming stuff.
>Of course, I'd be psyched if you wanted to look into getting the FM-part
>working.
>
>Anyway, I'll let you know when I get the first version up and running,
>if you're interested.
>
>-Michael Arick
>

>On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 10:37, Stefan Görling wrote:
> > Good Evening,
> >
> > As I'm using the FM-Radio feature on my Hauppage WinTV-PCI card, i'd
> like to
> > use mythtv as a frontend to this. Have anybody else tought of this/
> done some
> > work on it?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Stefan Görling

Kevin Jensen
President
Kinetic Media
http://www.kinetic-media.com
(763) 473-3218

nathan at ziarek

Nov 5, 2002, 4:03 PM

RE: MythRadio [In reply to]

If it matters any, I don't have the FM tuner, so I would be much more
interested in the shoutcast-mp3-streaming version.

What type of features are you considering adding? Search ability,
favorites, buffering, etc? I have no skills in programming, just kind of
stalking this thread, but this is a feature I think would be phenomenal.

Nathan Ziarek