Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev

feature requests

damion at snapgear

Feb 8, 2004, 10:27 PM

feature requests

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there's a wish-list/feature request list for
mythtv and friends.

Perhaps the following features do exist, and I don't know how to enable them,
I tried searching through the mail archives, but unfortunately the keywords
match on nearly every post, so I'm not sure if these have been proposed before either.

a) a clock on the main myth-frontend screen

b) the abilty to switch from window to full screen in mythtv with a keystroke.

c) (this could be a bug) The abilty for mythtv to play DVB radio streams.
Currently if I setup the new channel with a Video PID of 0, i get the warning:
DVB#0 WARNING - PID value (0) is outside dvb specification.
and then:
DVB#0 WARNING - Uncorrectable error in packet, dropped.
Audiostream: Layer: 1 BRate: 224 kb/s Freq: 48.0 kHz
Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds. Game over, man.

Should this work? or do i need to hack the libmyth code to allow it
to play DVB streams without video ?

thanks,

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer email: damion [at] snapgear
SnapGear - A CyberGuard Company --- ph: +61 7 3435 2809
| Custom Embedded Solutions fax: +61 7 3891 3630
| and Security Appliances web: http://www.snapgear.com
--- Free Embedded Linux Distro at http://www.snapgear.org ---

ke-aa at frisurf

Feb 8, 2004, 11:05 PM

Re: feature requests [In reply to]

On Monday 09 February 2004 06:27, Damion de Soto wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was wondering if there's a wish-list/feature request list for
> mythtv and friends.
>
> Perhaps the following features do exist, and I don't know how to enable
> them, I tried searching through the mail archives, but unfortunately the
> keywords match on nearly every post, so I'm not sure if these have been
> proposed before either.
>
> a) a clock on the main myth-frontend screen

Never thought about this one.

> b) the abilty to switch from window to full screen in mythtv with a
> keystroke.

I've been working on what I call some 'desktop improvement' stuff, but it's
not as easy as the first look. I could submit some partly nasty patches to
correct this issue, but I suspect from earlier comments on the subject that
they would not be committed to cvs (Isaac:?).

> c) (this could be a bug) The abilty for mythtv to play DVB radio streams.
> Currently if I setup the new channel with a Video PID of 0, i get the
> warning: DVB#0 WARNING - PID value (0) is outside dvb specification.
> and then:
> DVB#0 WARNING - Uncorrectable error in packet, dropped.
> Audiostream: Layer: 1 BRate: 224 kb/s Freq: 48.0 kHz
> Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds. Game over, man.
>
> Should this work? or do i need to hack the libmyth code to allow it
> to play DVB streams without video ?

I'm suspecting this to be a bug located under the dvbdev directory in mythtv,
specifically because the instant_repack stuff is assuming that an video
stream is present for every stream. An easy fix would be to correct the FIXME
in DVBRecorder about rewriting the pmt, and making the backend record the
transport stream instead. Also the last time I tried, the frontend decoder
would not decode a audio stream without a video stream, but this I would say
that should be an easy fix (The problem is in avformatdecoder.cpp and partly
the sync in NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp).

--

Kenneth (ke-aa \0 frisurf.no)

danielk at cat