Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Dev

(no subject)

linux at sixtine

Nov 19, 2002, 10:17 AM

(no subject)

Hi,

I'm working on mythmusic.

I tought about a feature that I think is missing in the CD RIPPING code : The
ability to keep track of the original cddb id.

That way we might later update the database if there are updates on the cddb
site to correct mistakes.
We might add a cddb id field to the database, it wouldn't be big addition and
it would allow us for example to later add a picture of the album being
played or any service that might be created based on the id later.
Or We could add a the cddbid to the filnames or in the flac/oog file data
But being able to keep this info seems valuable to me.

What do think of this ?

Isaak ?

Cheers,

Christian